• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FB oversight board upholds Trump's suspension

FB didn't ban Trump because he's a white Protestant male over 40 nor would they.
I did not say they did. I don't care why they kicked him off their site. It belongs to them. They can ban all women who have never had an abortion for all I care, or anyone who likes steak. It is entirely up to them.

Their "standard" is quite low. You can't preach insurrection and attempt to overthrow our legal Govt. on their watch.
Yes they can ban someone based on the lie you are propagating as well. Its up to the rest of us if we want to solicit them. I can not use their service because I think they are nothing but a bunch of lying baizuo hypocrites that are a malignant cancer to society. See how that works?

I did not say they did. I don't care why they kicked him off their site. It belongs to them. They can ban all women who have never had an abortion for all I care, or anyone who likes steak. It is entirely up to them.
You get back what you put out there in life. And Trump is merely reaping what he's sowed.

No I agree with you on the legality part. I disagree with you about their motive.

I looked up the members of Facebooks "independent review board" and it reads like a whos who list of progressives and one guy from from the Cato foundation. Something I found odd until I listened to him on a pod cast about the issue and then I understood why they included him.

what they essentially did was self funded a heavily ideologically bias oversight board to support their decisions and call it independent to give it an air of credibility that does not exist.
??? but if its legal why would cover or credibility be needed since they exist by default?

All he had to do was follow their rules like we follow the rules here.

You guys see people getting banned here, right?

You get back what you put out there in life. And Trump is merely reaping what he's sowed.
If that's true progressives should not be surprised by receiving back all the scorn that they are putting out.

Lets not forget that the Board really threw the entire mess back in Zucker-creeps lap. He tried to sidestep a decision that was not something he could sidestep and got nailed for it. So the ban of the Trump account continues but the Board also called on facebook to create understandable rules and clearer rational for banning Trump.
I don't know what more they need in the way of rules. When a person with the stature of an American president constantly lies on an international platform, he should be banned..... He's nothing more than a low life POS stirring up chaos and division. You see what happens to people in Russia who don't mind the rules.

Trump's lucky this country is not an autocracy. Someone would have put his lights out a long time ago.

Or people that break their terms of service. Like people who break the terms of service here.

What's interesting is the leader of the free world felt like those rules did not apply to him.

That an ex-president conducted himself in such a manner as to be banned from a social network puts a stain upon the office of President of the United States of America itself.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

Yes they can ban someone based on the lie you are propagating as well. Its up to the rest of us if we want to solicit them. I can not use their service because I think they are nothing but a bunch of lying baizuo hypocrites that are a malignant cancer to society. See how that works?
Yes I see where your mind is and it is scary. Do you think you will ever find your way back? What has your country done to you that made you hate it so much?

??? but if its legal why would cover or credibility be needed since they exist by default?
Ask them, they are the ones who invested $133M into doing it. We don't want Trump using our site and the law is on our side. They could of left it there and dealt with whatever the repercussions would of been. Instead they chose to pretend that they out sourced the review procedure to an independent oversight board.

Or people that break their terms of service. Like people who break the terms of service here.

What's interesting is the leader of the free world felt like those rules did not apply to him.
They appear to have an arriburatary standard that consistently benefits progressives.

Yes I see where your mind is and it is scary. Do you think you will ever find your way back? What has your country done to you that made you hate it so much?
Freedom can be scary at times but its a far better price to pay than the cost that the security from the left comes with.

Or progressives actually follow the terms of service... hmmmmm....
Of course that must be what it is. I'm glad you cleared that up. You should post that on Facebook where everyone will agree with you.

They appear to have an arriburatary standard that consistently benefits progressives.
so Trump is a victim? he didn't really break the rules he's just a victim?

Ask them, they are the ones who invested $133M into doing it. We don't want Trump using our site and the law is on our side. They could of left it there and dealt with whatever the repercussions would of been. Instead they chose to pretend that they out sourced the review procedure to an independent oversight board.
Im asking you cause its your claim lol 🤷‍♂️

Oh...... My........ Goodness. Everything..... And I mean EVERYTHING having to do with Donald is, somehow, not how it seems, right?. And everybody, according to Donald and his sycophants, is in on it. According to Donald and you, he's never done anything wrong, right? .... I mean... Think about it.... When have you ever heard Donald admit to any wrongdoing? ...... Not once..... Nothing..... According to Donald it's always someone else's fault. ...... And Donald's sycophants are either to stupid OR willfully ignorant to notice. Belief in Donald is a sickness.

How about your private electric company? You're comfortable with them cutting off your power if they find out you are a registered Democrat?

so Trump is a victim? he didn't really break the rules he's just a victim?
I have not claimed anyone is a victim. How you choose to characterize the people who are effected by facebooks moderation practices is entirely up to you. I am pointing certain realities of their policies

I have not claimed anyone is a victim. How you choose to characterize the people who are effected by facebooks moderation practices is entirely up to you. I am pointing certain realities of their policies
You?..... Pointing out reality?... Here's some reality for you.... Donald plays the victim everyday..... All day long..... He's CONSTANTLY whining that the election was stolen from him...... It's all he does... Reality doesn't have anything to do with donalds complaints. The only thing that's real about Donald is how disconnected from reality he is.

Trump loyalist "1st Amendment Right" freak out in 5... 4... 3...
It isn't a 1st Amendment matter. It's a matter of Facebook, Twitter and most of the mainstream media acting as the propaganda wing of the Democrat party. Orwell's Ministry of Truth was supposed to be a warning to the people, not a blueprint for how it should be done.

Back
Top Bottom