• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FB’s censorship

Should FB be allowed to censor your posts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Overitall

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Zuckerberg: Facebook, Twitter should not fact-check political speech

Face Book has increasingly censored posts which its fact checkers have deemed misinformation. It’sbeen argued that most are those of conservatives. I don’t know if that’s true or not and I really don’t care. What I care about is if I have my settings set to only allow my friends to view what I post what difference does it make if it’s misinformation? If my friends have a problem with my content they can tell me or unfriend me.

Many people are getting upset with FB and trying to organize a boycott of it. I don’t think it will work because FB has become addictive to many who are willing to overlook this policy and even FB’s abuse of it.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Face Book has increasingly censored posts which its fact checkers have deemed misinformation. It’sbeen argued that most are those of conservatives. I don’t know if that’s true or not and I really don’t care. What I care about is if I have my settings set to only allow my friends to view what I post what difference does it make if it’s misinformation? If my friends have a problem with my content they can tell me or unfriend me.

Many people are getting upset with FB and trying to organize a boycott of it. I don’t think it will work because FB has become addictive to many who are willing to overlook this policy and even FB’s abuse of it.

What do you think?

Do you understand what censorship IS? Placing a "fact-check" information link to the post is NOT censorship. You can still view the post in it's entirety. And Trump supporters wonder why they are called ignorant.

I’ve asked this dozens of times across many threads hinting at the same thing, who do we trust to be a “fact checker” across these platforms that have a vested interest in use, posts, and of course advertisements? What one says is censor another says is dealing with a lie.

Regardless, these are private companies with platforms that require users acknowledge terms of service. Where they all reserve the right to change those terms at any time as well as decide on their own accord what they determine is acceptable use as they go.

Who do you guys think should govern private social media organizations?

Do you understand what censorship IS? Placing a "fact-check" information link to the post is NOT censorship. You can still view the post in it's entirety. And Trump supporters wonder why they are called ignorant.
Excuse me. I thought modifying your post in any way was censorship. I’ve seen the entire contents of posts deleted.

TDS on display in its finest way.

I’ve asked this dozens of times across many threads hinting at the same thing, who do we trust to be a “fact checker” across these platforms that have a vested interest in use, posts, and of course advertisements? What one says is censor another says is dealing with a lie.

Regardless, these are private companies with platforms that require users acknowledge terms of service. Where they all reserve the right to change those terms at any time as well as decide on their own accord what they determine is acceptable use as they go.

Who do you guys think should govern private social media organizations?
If it’s the case of only you and friends I think you should govern it. As long as no laws are broken.

If it’s the case of only you and friends I think you should govern it. As long as no laws are broken.

What makes you think social media, as a platform, requires anything you ask in your OP? (Since you refuse to really address my points.)

What makes you think social media, as a platform, requires anything you ask in your OP? (Since you refuse to really address my points.)
I’m aware of their TOU. I’m not going to change it. I’m just interested in what others think.

I’m aware of their TOU. I’m not going to change it. I’m just interested in what others think.

How’s the view from up in the cheap seats?

No you're not. You're just interested in moronically shouting "TDS" at anyone who doesn't poutrage about the humanity of it all when Facebook puts a warning tag on a post.

Excuse me. I thought modifying your post in any way was censorship. I’ve seen the entire contents of posts deleted. TDS on display in its finest way.

To think Trumpists call liberals "snowflakes", yet they scream "Censorship" when a private company says anything negative about their posts. But words have meanings, even if Trumpists don't know it.

There's no "censorship" here.

No you're not. You're just interested in moronically shouting "TDS" at anyone who doesn't poutrage about the humanity of it all when Facebook puts a warning tag on a post.

To think Trumpists call liberals "snowflakes", yet they scream "Censorship" when a private company says anything negative about their posts. But words have meanings, even if Trumpists don't know it.

There's no "censorship" here.
Think of the opportunity I’m giving you. Where’s your gratitude?

Excuse me. I thought modifying your post in any way was censorship. I’ve seen the entire contents of posts deleted.

If it's not the government censoring free speech then it's not really censorship in the legal sense. Private companies are free to set their own standards on speech. So, if you don't like FB's tagging or removing misinformation then you are free to find another platform more to your liking.

Snowflake on display in all it's glory.

What do you think?

Zuckerberg gave my personal page the Facebook Death Penalty, and I am a liberal.
Screen just went blank for a moment and then

"YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN DISABLED" and there's no way to appeal.
I tried to log in to request an appeal.

PLEASE TYPE IN THE 6-DIGIT CODE WE SENT TO (562) XXX-XXXX (my phone number) only....I never received the text.
When I tried again a couple more times I was locked out.

Now argue about how it's just conservatives.
Yeah my brother the Ultimate Trumper argues the same thing, and his page is overflowing with FACT CHECKS but his account is still active.

I think right wing douchebags should take their own advice whenever a private business doesn't provide the service that they desire.... find another Baker/photographer/etc who will

Sent from my U683CL using Tapatalk

Zuckerberg gave my personal page the Facebook Death Penalty, and I am a liberal.
Screen just went blank for a moment and then

"YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN DISABLED" and there's no way to appeal.
I tried to log in to request an appeal.

PLEASE TYPE IN THE 6-DIGIT CODE WE SENT TO (562) XXX-XXXX (my phone number) only....I never received the text.
When I tried again a couple more times I was locked out.

Now argue about how it's just conservatives.
Yeah my brother the Ultimate Trumper argues the same thing, and his page is overflowing with FACT CHECKS but his account is still active.
From my OP
It’s been argued that most are those of conservatives. I don’t know if that’s true or not and I really don’t care
Did you ever get back on?

i think the CentGov should force Facebook to do as they say.

I think right wing douchebags should take their own advice whenever a private business doesn't provide the service that they desire.... find another Baker/photographer/etc who will

Sent from my U683CL using Tapatalk
Some are - moving on that is. I use to be a member of MySpace. FB gobbled them up. I’m not into a boycott or advocating one but I’ve seen a lot of people doing so.

i think the CentGov should force Facebook to do as they say.

I think our government is. Zuckerberg is trying to rein in the fact checkers because of the pressure.

What do you think?

Private company, they can do what they want. Certainly not essential in any way, don't like it don't use it. Its not like you are paying to use it either.

I think our government is. Zuckerberg is trying to rein in the fact checkers because of the pressure.

the CentGov should force Zuck to do as they say.

I scroll the book once each morning. Just scroll past that which disagrees with you. There are so many wanna-be political monsters on there that it gets scary sometimes. j/k

What do you think?

Unless you violate posted rules, that should be very specific, they shouldn't. Facebook is a very liberal site and the censored material most often appears to be coming from conservative or Trump supporters. It's a democrat owned business and they make that pretty clear. I think it should be treated like other companies used for public access, not much if any censorship because of political leanings. They are always claiming the censorship was an accident. BS.

I scroll the book once each morning. Just scroll past that which disagrees with you. There are so many wanna-be political monsters on there that it gets scary sometimes. j/k
I mainly use it for just interacting with family and friends. I’m private so I assume the general public doesn’t see anything on my page. I only had one thing blocked. No biggie, but since only my friends could see it I didn’t see what the point was. Just seems a bit overreaching imo. And yea I know it’s their playground.

It isn't censorship, it is adding a tag to it. OMG the drama queens some Trump supporters are.

Sorry I don't have Trump Dick Sucking (TDS) fantasies, so if you want that you will need to talk to a Trump supporter.

It isn't censorship, it is adding a tag to it. OMG the drama queens some Trump supporters are.

Sorry I don't have Trump Dick Sucking (TDS) fantasies, so if you want that you will need to talk to a Trump supporter.
IDK. Why you thought it necessary to bring Trump up is beyond my understanding. Not all conservatives are Trumpsters. Or did you forget about people like Kasich?

Back
Top Bottom