• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FB’s censorship

Should FB be allowed to censor your posts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From my OP

Did you ever get back on?

No, that's what I was getting at....they never send the blasted "CODE" so it's impossible to log back in and request that review.
So, it looks like there's no hope of ever getting the page back again, after fourteen years and several thousand friends, at least a third of whom I actually know in real life, and the only bright spot is that I downloaded all my data from my page just two or three weeks ago.

The business page attached to my name is also crippled and the Group I admin called "Orr Guitars" is now adrift in limbo as well, without an admin, and no way to create a new one, even if it's another person.

Zuck is pro Trump, so the entire fallacy of "conservatives being censored" is just that, a fallacy, a fallacy manufactured in yet another desperate attempt to smear Democrats.
Smear smear smear, that's all the Trumpers have.
And it only plays to their base.

I didn't just get censored, I was decapitated without warning or trial, or appeal.
I don't even know what I supposedly did.

No, that's what I was getting at....they never send the blasted "CODE" so it's impossible to log back in and request that review.
So, it looks like there's no hope of ever getting the page back again, after fourteen years and several thousand friends, at least a third of whom I actually know in real life, and the only bright spot is that I downloaded all my data from my page just two or three weeks ago.

The business page attached to my name is also crippled and the Group I admin called "Orr Guitars" is now adrift in limbo as well, without an admin, and no way to create a new one, even if it's another person.

Zuck is pro Trump, so the entire fallacy of "conservatives being censored" is just that, a fallacy, a fallacy manufactured in yet another desperate attempt to smear Democrats.
Smear smear smear, that's all the Trumpers have.
And it only plays to their base.

I didn't just get censored, I was decapitated without warning or trial, or appeal.
I don't even know what I supposedly did.
That’s a bummer. Sounds like you had a lot of yourself into it. Hope it works out for you.

I’ve seen more conservatives complaining so, sharing your experience is interesting. Perhaps it’s an equal issue with both sides and it’s just the squeaky wheels I’ve seen.

That’s a bummer. Sounds like you had a lot of yourself into it. Hope it works out for you.

I’ve seen more conservatives complaining so, sharing your experience is interesting. Perhaps it’s an equal issue with both sides and it’s just the squeaky wheels I’ve seen.

I'm kind of a WYSWG person. What you see is what you get so my Facebook personal page was maybe even more toned down than I am here.
I posted stuff that interested me and maybe spent a grand total of thirty minutes a day on there in the last five years.
But I had some good stuff there.
I'm political on my personal page but it's always newsy stuff, not rants or debates.
I do more of that here and on a closed political group on FB that is owned by a friend.

About five years ago I was still working full time, both in the field and at my home studio.
My last regular pro level gig was about three years ago.
I'm semi-retired now and only do a very few small editing jobs here and there from the home studio now.

So the thing I poured myself into most was the page for the Leon Russell DVD that I produced and which I sell on the internet.
That page is still functioning but I'm limited as to what I can post there now.
But at least the Shop Now button still works, as it is connected to an outside host.

The flaw is a well known Facebook flaw that could be easily remedied if they would just allow a neutral "custodial" access long enough to mitigate issues like this and with sufficient restrictions on both level and time.

Facebook is about where "Ma Bell" was at a certain time in their evolution.
And no, I am not referring to a hypothetical status as a utility, I am referring to the need for competition.

I'm kind of a WYSWG person. What you see is what you get so my Facebook personal page was maybe even more toned down than I am here.
I posted stuff that interested me and maybe spent a grand total of thirty minutes a day on there in the last five years.
But I had some good stuff there.
I'm political on my personal page but it's always newsy stuff, not rants or debates.
I do more of that here and on a closed political group on FB that is owned by a friend.

About five years ago I was still working full time, both in the field and at my home studio.
My last regular pro level gig was about three years ago.
I'm semi-retired now and only do a very few small editing jobs here and there from the home studio now.

So the thing I poured myself into most was the page for the Leon Russell DVD that I produced and which I sell on the internet.
That page is still functioning but I'm limited as to what I can post there now.
But at least the Shop Now button still works, as it is connected to an outside host.

The flaw is a well known Facebook flaw that could be easily remedied if they would just allow a neutral "custodial" access long enough to mitigate issues like this and with sufficient restrictions on both level and time.

Facebook is about where "Ma Bell" was at a certain time in their evolution.
And no, I am not referring to a hypothetical status as a utility, I am referring to the need for competition.
WOW! You seem to have a fascinating outlook. And a good head on your shoulder. Thanks for sharing. It did have something worthwhile thinking of.

Private company, they can do what they want. Certainly not essential in any way, don't like it don't use it. Its not like you are paying to use it either.

That's the way I see it. Never belonged to facebook and don't intend to join, but even forums can censor content that is offensive, disinformation, hate speech, etc. Those who take issue with that can go elsewhere, easy as that. Most whining snowflakes are right wingers who buck when people try to slow down their BS and conspiracies, they are spoiled.

That's the way I see it. Never belonged to facebook and don't intend to join, but even forums can censor content that is offensive, disinformation, hate speech, etc. Those who take issue with that can go elsewhere, easy as that. Most whining snowflakes are right wingers who buck when people try to slow down their BS and conspiracies, they are spoiled.

Yes, I totally agree and accept all of the above.
All I ask is a mediation channel that actually works.
If after an appeal is levied, if they decide my appeal is without merit, then all I ask is the ability to make a clean, orderly and organized departure where I am allowed to tie up loose ends instead of leaving my virtual "real estate" to deteriorate into the equivalent of a run down tenement with rats, broken windows and the occasional terrifying odor wafting out of it to the offense of passersby.

Denial of access to and cutoff of services is a justifiable penalty but ongoing and continuous damage to a person's image and rep isn't.
They have already paid the price for their transgression so allow them to make a neat exit.

I do not wish to leave my Orr Guitars Group cast adrift in the waters or leave my Leon Russell DVD page open to spam posts.

Back
Top Bottom