• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Favorite TV shows

kal-el

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I don't watch much TV,but I'm curious as to what everyone's favorite programs are. Here's mine:

1) Smallville
2)The 4400
3) The situation with Tucker Carlson on MSNBC

1) The Family Guy
2) South Park
3) Insomniac
4) The O'Reilly Factor
5) mXe

Can't stand that Tucker Carlson guy.

kal-el said:
Can't stand that Bill O'Reily guy.:smile:

Saw that comin'.

I know it sounds crazy to most, but I trust O'Reilly more than anybody else on the tube today.

mistermain said:
Saw that comin'.

I know it sounds crazy to most, but I trust O'Reilly more than anybody else on the tube today.

Sounds like a false sense of security to me.:smile: Anyway, I don't trust anybody who is pro-war, and dosen't put they're money were they're mouth is and be a bullet sponge.

kal-el said:
Sounds like a false sense of security to me.:smile: Anyway, I don't trust anybody who is pro-war, and dosen't put they're money were they're mouth is and be a bullet sponge.

Fair enough. I never trust anybody who wears a bow tie, and who doesn't have the cajones to stand up to John Freakin' Stewart.

mistermain said:
Fair enough. I never trust anybody who wears a bow tie, and who doesn't have the cajones to stand up to John Freakin' Stewart.

HaHaHa, didn't O'Reily sexaully harass a co-worker?

kal-el said:
HaHaHa, didn't O'Reily sexaully harass a co-worker?

Yeah, so my guy's a pervert, and your guy's a 35 year old virgin. :lol:

mistermain said:
Yeah, so my guy's a pervert, and your guy's a 35 year old virgin. :lol:

He's not "my guy" so to speak. And opposed to him being a virgin at 35, that's ****in funny.:rofl

1. Son of the Beach
2. South Park
3. Married With Children
4. Ultimate Fighter
5. Surreal Life
6. The Daily Show
7. Dave Chappelle Show
8. Jackass
9. Mad TV reruns
10. The View?

.....what!

Number 1, first and foremost: M*A*S*H

After that, in no particular order (nor necessarily current):

CSI
That 70's Show
Mythbusters
Star Trek
Enterprise
Buggin with Ruud
Babylon 5
Monty Python's Flying Circus
South Park

MrFungus420 said:
Agreed...hands down...

If you didn't tear up when Radar walked into the OR (without a mask) and said that Lt. Col. Henry Blake's plane was shot down over the Sea of Japan, then you have a black soul and will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Originally Posted by MrFungus420:
I used to watch M*A*S*H. But it is way too much overplayed and I got burned out on it big-time. As I got older, it got a little too bubble-gum.

The movie was, and to this day, much better.

cnredd said:
Agreed...hands down...

If you didn't tear up when Radar walked into the OR (without a mask) and said that Lt. Col. Henry Blake's plane was shot down over the Sea of Japan, then you have a black soul and will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Just thinking about that has me tearing. And the episode when Henry got the film from home, knowing that he'd never see his wife or daughter again...So many good episodes...

MrFungus420 said:
Just thinking about that has me tearing. And the episode when Henry got the film from home, knowing that he'd never see his wife or daughter again...So many good episodes...

Of course, we can go on forever, but I'll throw out two poignant things.

Hotlips - "Did you ever once offer me a lousy cup of coffee?"
Nurse - "We didn't think you'd accept."
Hotlips - "Well you were wrong!"

And possibly the first time I've heard these words on TV(because I was about 10 years old)...When Hawkeye is trying to save the North Vietnamese woman from being taken away as a traitor.

"You son of a bitch!"

When he stepped forward and the soldiers "cocked" their guns and aimed at him, my jaw dropped. That was DEEP...

now finally a thread I can relate to!

Family Guy, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, South Park, Futurama, King of the Hill, The OC (if that makes me gay, so be it, it's a fantastic show!), Simpsons, Daily Show, American Dad, Malcom in the Middle, Animal Cops, and almost anything on Discovery Channel (barring anything starring Jesse James) or the History Channel, and Crossfire (if it's still on), when it has Robert Novak and James Carville

Law and Order!!

Bum bum.....That's the ring tone on my phone. :mrgreen:

Fantastic show. Never really watch it anymore though.

Billo_Reilly / galenrox said:
The Daily Show

Truly a great program, soon to be broadcast over here...woot.

Anyways...my response:

Futurama
Scrubs
Law and Order
Malcolm in the Middle
Star Trek The Next Generation

MrFungus420 said:
Enterprise

Enterprise? C'mon, thats a terrible (yet strangelly watchable) excuse for a Star Trek series!

Thats all the US shows, if anyone cares about the British ones...

Question Time
Blackadder
Early Doors
Michael Palin

Kelzie said:
Law and Order!!

Bum bum.....That's the ring tone on my phone. :mrgreen:

Fantastic show. Never really watch it anymore though.

God I used to lover the "doink, doink" but that's all that on my TV now. Arrrgh. Cheap cable. L and O and shopping. that's what i've got.

Enterprise was a terrible excuse for a Star Trek series???

Yet you listed Star Trek: The Next Regurgitation????????

At least Enterprise had the spirit of exploration. TNG was nothing more than a bunch of diplomats.

MrFungus420 said:
Enterprise was a terrible excuse for a Star Trek series???

Yet you listed Star Trek: The Next Regurgitation????????

At least Enterprise had the spirit of exploration. TNG was nothing more than a bunch of diplomats.

LOL! Hmmm...trekkie wars. :lol:

Perhaps cos TNG was the first and pretty much only star trek series on for the first few years of my trekking experiance...maybe cos it had a British Captain (always a plus) but Enterprise just doesn't cut it for me. The tacky guitar ballad at the start is justification enough methinks.

Plain old me said:

Perhaps cos TNG was the first and pretty much only star trek series on for the first few years of my trekking experiance...maybe cos it had a British Captain (always a plus) but Enterprise just doesn't cut it for me. The tacky guitar ballad at the start is justification enough methinks.

TNG rocked. I grew up on that show.

Mine are:

Smallville
Family Guy
South Park
American Dad
Law and Order
Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Plain old me said:

I'll give you the music. That theme song brought new meaning to the word SUCKS!!!!

As for the Captain...I'm sorry, but Jean Lick Dickhard was the worst diplomat of the bunch. He should have been the one sent in to well established contacts to negotiate new treaties when the old ones expired.

Back
Top Bottom