• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Favorite TV shows

I love when people come on this thread talking about the fact that they "don't care to watch TV" - well, ummm...did you catch the name of the thread - "Favorite TV shows"...if you don't want too much TV high and mighty- move on. This thread is actually quite amusing.

Mine would have to be...

Law and Order
LOST
Reno 911
Seinfeld (hummmm)
Taxicab Confessions (where do they find those people..)
and (gasp) Laguna Beach...it's like herion - so addicting and you don't tell anyone your doing it unless you first know they are too. :censored

I don't watch much TV,but I'm curious as to what everyone's favorite programs are.

1)This old House
2)New Yankee Workshop
3)Ask This Old House
4)America's Test Kitchen
5)Hometime
6)Smallville
7)American Dad
8)Family Guy
9)Nova
10)Nature

George_Washington said:
My favorite TV shows were/are:

Cheers
South Park
Reno 911
The O'Reilly Factor
Hannity/Colmes
Dude, I was watching O'Reilly today, and I heard some of the most mind numbing crap that I have EVER heard.
He had the former police chief of Seattle on arguing that drugs should be legalized, because right now it's a lot easier for kids to buy pot than it is for them to buy booze and smokes, too which O'Reilly responded:
"So he wants to make drugs more accessible to children" or something of that nature, completely missing that the guy had just said he wanted to make drugs like booze in accessibility, and thus if right now drugs are easier to get than booze to a minor, making drugs like booze would make them harder.

I watch that show because you can't script crap that funny!

galenrox said:
Dude, I was watching O'Reilly today, and I heard some of the most mind numbing crap that I have EVER heard.
He had the former police chief of Seattle on arguing that drugs should be legalized, because right now it's a lot easier for kids to buy pot than it is for them to buy booze and smokes, too which O'Reilly responded:
"So he wants to make drugs more accessible to children" or something of that nature, completely missing that the guy had just said he wanted to make drugs like booze in accessibility, and thus if right now drugs are easier to get than booze to a minor, making drugs like booze would make them harder.

I watch that show because you can't script crap that funny!

I saw that too! What a load of crap that spews from bill's mouth. I watched him after 9-11 when he went after the red cross. But since then I watch to see how many logic fallacies he can use in one show.

Favorite shows:

The Daily Show (there is no Friday edition Mixedmedia)
Southpark
American Dad
Drawn Together
Mind of Mencia
The Colbert Report
Countdown with Keith Olberman (Worst people in the world is a scream)
Sportscenter
That 70's Show
Grounded for Life

Old shows (either syndicated or no longer on):

Titus(Why is that show no longer on?)
All in the Family
Good Times
Sanford and Son

independent_thinker2002 said:
The Daily Show (there is no Friday edition Mixedmedia)

This is true, but the eclectic fashion they seem to go in and out of hiatus, sometimes you get lucky. I rarely watch the 11:00 (ET) show because I have to get up early in the mornings.

Seems to be more consistent now that they've gone into prime time. Because they rock. And Comedy Central finally got a clue.

But technically you are correctamundo, Mr. Kotter.

How could I forget "Welcom Back, Kotter"?

independent_thinker2002 said:
How could I forget "Welcom Back, Kotter"?
"Welcome back" into you memory!...(UGH!...No rimshot!)...:doh

Family Guy
The Office
The Biggest Loser
CSI
CSI Miami

Sopranos, first before anything else

CSI, even though some of the plots are pretty easy to figure out yet the characters seem befuddled :roll:

Cops, never a boring episode :lol:

All the comedies on [adult swim]

most crime-dramas, I like the non-fiction over the fictional ones.

Investigators

CSI

Cold case

Forensic files

Lost (ok, the only non-crimedrama, lol)

"LOST"
Hey that's my license plate.

Current:

NFL Football
Meet the Press
Boston Legal
Law and Order
The Beltway Boys
Invasion

Old timers:

Bonanza
Gunsmoke
Mash
All in the Family
Cheers
Barney Miller
NYPD Blue
Hill Street Blues

Mr. Show
Family Guy
SNL (early 90s)
Conan O'Brien
The Office (British Version)
Strangers With Candy
The Colbert Report
The Daily Show
Monty Python
The History Channel (yup all of it)
The Science Channel (yup all of it)
The Military Channel (yup all of it)
The Alternative (on VH1 classic)
South Park
Lost

galenrox said:
A couple days ago History Channel did like 6 hours straight on the Roman Empire, or at least I got blazed and watched 6 hours of stuff on the History Channel on Ancient Rome.

You ever heard about Hadrian's Wall? That ****'s facinating!

Yes, I do remember some of these programs, but since I watch so much it's hard to absorb the details. They air so many shows about the Roman Empire and the ones I remember best are the ones about Constantine and the fall of the Roman empire. I'm getting a little sick of all the Shroud Of Turin specials they air especially around easter.

Back
Top Bottom