• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Favorite Self-Prepared Fish

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
So salmon isn't the favorite fish for some people.

What is?

When you buy and cook your own fish, what's your favorite, and how do you prepare it?

(not talking about fish you catch and eat here - this is about store bought fish)

How do you season it?
How do you cook it? Grill? Bake? Fry? Smoke?
Marinate?

What is?

When you buy and cook your own fish, what's your favorite, and how do you prepare it?

(not talking about fish you catch and eat here - this is about store bought fish)

How do you season it?
Marinate?

haddock sea bass fillets ,sometimes baked and mostly grilled , marinated in wine black pepper lemon sauce ,seasoned with garlic hot pepper ,served with cress arugula tomato onion and wine!

occasionally I create different sauces with berries and ginger

Last edited:
I made this once and really enjoyed,a famous recipe in Turkey,sea bass wrapped in grape leaves and stuffed with (optional ) fresh herbs and lemon

orig_3564.jpeg

I made this once and really enjoyed,a famous recipe in Turkey,sea bass wrapped in grape leaves and stuffed with (optional ) fresh herbs and lemon

orig_3564.jpeg

What do the grape leaves add? What kind of flavor?

What is?

How do you season it?
Marinate?

My favorite is tilapia. Seasoned with butter, lemon, pepper, and flour then fried to a golden brown. Eat on tortilla with cabbage pico de gallo and some homemade hot sauce and a side of rice.

What do the grape leaves add? What kind of flavor?

it is not definable ,must try it! Tastes like stuffed grape leaves ,sourish and unripe grape.fishlovers must try it

Some of the best fish I ever had was trout fresh from the lake. Sliced it open, inserted a few lemon wedges, a few pats of butter, some basic seasoning, wrapped in foil and thrown right on the grill. Delish.

What is?

How do you season it?
Marinate?

Haddock finely breaded and fried or in butter sauce.
Grilled Swordfish or tuna.
Any of the above as Sashimi.

Haddock finely breaded and fried or in butter sauce.
Grilled Swordfish or tuna.
Any of the above as Sashimi.

Yummm...grilled tuna is divine. If it's fresh and never been frozen that is.

What do you do to your tuna before you grill it?

Yummm...grilled tuna is divine. If it's fresh and never been frozen that is.

What do you do to your tuna before you grill it?

That depends. Sometimes olive oil marinade of rosemary and a dash of garlic and marjoram and maybe some chopped olives.
But I like it just seseme oil the seeds and wasabi. But I like it plain too and do that most often.

I've tried for years to catch fish that prepare themselves. Never seems to work out.

Thanks. I'll have to look for some the next time I'm out at the store.

You might be able to get it as a plant and grow it in the kitchen or garden. Like oregano or rosemary it likes warm dry places. I like it in Italien and Southern French food or fresh, a little in a salad

How do you prepare it? Any seasoning? Marinate?

Sorry....here's the best way (IMHO)

Soy Sauce, Lemon Juice, Garlic as a marinade. Use some Olive Oil to keep the steaks from sticking. Med/Hot coals for about 3-4 min per side.

Eat like they're going out of style.

We like a nice grilled squash and peppers with it and a bit of long grain brown rice.

Some of the best fish I ever had was trout fresh from the lake. Sliced it open, inserted a few lemon wedges, a few pats of butter, some basic seasoning, wrapped in foil and thrown right on the grill. Delish.

BINGO!!!

The fresher the better.

Hawaiian Poke.

Yellowfin tuna with sesame oil, green onions, soy sauce and sesame seeds with a little hot pepper. Leave the fish raw and just mix everything up.

Tuna just barely seared with the with center still pretty much raw. Served with a teriyaki dipping sauce.

I want to do a head to tail (nose to fin?) fish on the grill or maybe in the smoker this year. Any recommendations of which fish would be best?

Sorry....here's the best way (IMHO)

Soy Sauce, Lemon Juice, Garlic as a marinade. Use some Olive Oil to keep the steaks from sticking. Med/Hot coals for about 3-4 min per side.

Eat like they're going out of style.

We like a nice grilled squash and peppers with it and a bit of long grain brown rice.

Sounds good, will try.

Back
Top Bottom