• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Favorite season?

What's your favorite season?

• Total voters

rivrrat

Goddess of Bacon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
What's your favorite season, and why?

As I'm walking to work this morning, I notice the air is getting cooler and crisper. The scent on the gentle breeze blowing reminds me of every other Fall past. Goddamn I love Fall. I love the smells, I love the cool air, I love the crispness in the air, I love the colors all around, I love the sounds of crunching leaves under my feet. I don't know, there's just something about it. It makes me feel so nostalgic, but I'm not sure what it makes me nostalgic *for*. It's just a feeling, and it makes me feel good, and happy. Samhain, my favorite holiday, is in the fall. The weather is just perfect - not too hot, not too cold. I can't wait to go hiking every weekend I can! I just can't think of anything better than walking into a forest of changing colors and falling leaves, and just being enveloped by it.

And, then there's Gauley season too ;)

Pepper...oh wait, sorry, I misread, mine'd be Spring, I saw two Plovers (a type of bird) having sex today, so i know spring is almost here. :)

Deer Season
Pheasant season
Trout Season
Dove Season

Most favorite: Autumn
Second: Winter
Third: Spring
Last: Summer

Primary reason: Outside temperature

I'm amazed that most of the people here prefer autumn over the other three seasons.

I've always thought of myself as unique on that subject.

I love the winter, I love wearing scarves with my big black overcoat, I love the cold, I love snow and most importantly I need it to be cold to sleep and the AC in my house sucks.

Fall, and Winter for me. Fall is just so beautiful, and the weather is nearly perfect, and winter just because all of the holidays, and great food. Plus there's always a chance for some snow!

sports and hunting seasons don't count! Don't make me come over there and wallop you youngins.

Spring or Autumn. Neither too hot nor too cold.

My perfect day is sunny and clear, 68° with a humidity index of 55, and an intermittent breeze of 5mph.

I'll take my nights the same way with a full xenon moon.

Mating season.

images

Summer: Longer days; less clothing

What's your favorite season, and why?

As I'm walking to work this morning, I notice the air is getting cooler and crisper. The scent on the gentle breeze blowing reminds me of every other Fall past. Goddamn I love Fall. I love the smells, I love the cool air, I love the crispness in the air, I love the colors all around, I love the sounds of crunching leaves under my feet. I don't know, there's just something about it. It makes me feel so nostalgic, but I'm not sure what it makes me nostalgic *for*. It's just a feeling, and it makes me feel good, and happy. Samhain, my favorite holiday, is in the fall. The weather is just perfect - not too hot, not too cold. I can't wait to go hiking every weekend I can! I just can't think of anything better than walking into a forest of changing colors and falling leaves, and just being enveloped by it.

And, then there's Gauley season too ;)

damn, the gauley season.

Autumn. Love it.

Worst: Summer.

I've gotten to where I ****ing hate summer. It's too darn hot and humid.

Winter is too cold mosta the time.

Autumn, and spring. Mostly autumn though, because spring only lasts 2 weeks around here. Autumn lasts about 5 months. :mrgreen:

I prefer Spring because of the growing plans and having all summer of warm weather to look forward to. Plus winter has passed with the cold and snow... and Christmas! I HATE Christmas along with the whole season!

For me, it's Fall, with spring being a distant second, then winter then summer being dead last. I don't like extremes.

In order, although possibly subject to change if I move far away from my current location.:
  1. Fall.
  2. Spring.
  3. Winter.
  4. Summer.
I prefer fall, because it's not too hot, among many other reasons.
Spring second, for the same reason, among others.
Winter third, cause of the holidays, not too hot (or nowhere near hot, depending), no bugs.
Summer last, as it's too hot, has far too many bugs, and thus makes me want to stay indoors with the AC...Not that I usually go outside much anyway....:doh

I'm amazed that most of the people here prefer autumn over the other three seasons.

I've always thought of myself as unique on that subject.

Me too... I thought most people would be into summer.

Back
Top Bottom