• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Favorite Saturday Night Live Personalities and Skits

CanadaJohn

Canadian Conservative
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Responding to another thread brought this to mind.

My favorite was Gilda Radner, God rest her soul, and my favorite skit of hers was "Door-to-Door Jaws".

Bring back some memories by telling us what your favorite SNL skits and personalities are/were.

Probably Jimmy Fallon. The one skit I recall that was so creepy wrong and really pushed the edge was Canteen Boy with Alec Baldwin. As for my favorite, can't say I have one other than just Weekend Update generally depending on how on point they are at any given time.

Probably Jimmy Fallon. The one skit I recall that was so creepy wrong and really pushed the edge was Canteen Boy with Alec Baldwin. As for my favorite, can't say I have one other than just Weekend Update generally depending on how on point they are at any given time.

Jane Curtin and Dan Ackroid - priceless - "Jane, you ignorant slut"

Jane Curtin and Dan Ackroid - priceless - "Jane, you ignorant slut"

That was before my time. I am sort of a post-Wayne' World era viewer, though I really don't watch it that often anymore since Tina Fey left.

That was before my time. I am sort of a post-Wayne' World era viewer, though I really don't watch it that often anymore since Tina Fey left.

I don't know if they're on youtube or elsewhere, but if you get to see Jane and Dan go at it on Weekend Update and their Point/Counter Point, it's awesome - I think it was a send-up on Crossfire, but it had a life of it's own.

I don't know if they're on youtube or elsewhere, but if you get to see Jane and Dan go at it on Weekend Update and their Point/Counter Point, it's awesome - I think it was a send-up on Crossfire, but it had a life of it's own.

I've seen some of the older stuff here and there on anniversary special, online, and the like. I am a big fan of Steve Martin and went back for some of his stuff. I think he is a genius, but a friend of mine who does a bunch of celebrity interviews says that Steve Martin's reputation as being the world's biggest a-hole is understated--he is the universe's biggest a-hole off camera apparently.

I've seen some of the older stuff here and there on anniversary special, online, and the like. I am a big fan of Steve Martin and went back for some of his stuff. I think he is a genius, but a friend of mine who does a bunch of celebrity interviews says that Steve Martin's reputation as being the world's biggest a-hole is understated--he is the universe's biggest a-hole off camera apparently.

Martin's "Wild and Crazy Guys" with Ackroid were very funny too - his King Tut was great too.

I have not watched SNL in ages, but when I saw this thread the first thing that came to mind was Eddie Murphy as Gumby, immediately followed by recalling Buckwheat and "Wookin Pa Nub (in all the wrong places)"

Edit: ohh of course, how can I forget.. the best (of the good old days) was John Belushi

Anything Mr Bill.

Jane Curtin and Gilda Radner were great together.

I have not watched SNL in ages, but when I saw this thread the first thing that came to mind was Eddie Murphy as Gumby, immediately followed by recalling Buckwheat and "Wookin Pa Nub (in all the wrong places)"

Awesome - thanks - Murphy was terrific on SNL

Martin's "Wild and Crazy Guys" with Ackroid were very funny too - his King Tut was great too.

The Jerk is one of my favorite movies ever. God, I chuckle just thinking of some of the lines in it.

I'm instantly in a great mood now, with only a dozen or so responses to the greatest show on TV. I'll have to do a Tonight Show with Johnny Carson one another time.

Edit: ohh of course, how can I forget.. the best (of the good old days) was John Belushi

Another great one gone, God rest his soul - too many brilliant people from SNL died too young and often tragically.

Awesome - thanks - Murphy was terrific on SNL

Lily Tomlin as the switchboard operator was hilarious! "One ringy dingy,..." :thumbs:

Good evening, CJ. :2wave:

Thanks for that. My wife is looking at me like I am crazy. LOL.

Just finished watching that after seeing your post and remembering Mr. Bill. :2razz:

[video]http://www.veoh.com/watch/v15996395R8D44YC2?h1=John+Belushi+-+Ludwig+van+Beethoven+Part+2[/video]

Responding to another thread brought this to mind.

My favorite was Gilda Radner, God rest her soul, and my favorite skit of hers was "Door-to-Door Jaws".

Bring back some memories by telling us what your favorite SNL skits and personalities are/were.

Bill Murray as the lounge singer.
Dan Ackroyd as the repairman exposing his buttcrack.
Ackroyd, again, as Jimmy Carter, counseling a panicked LSD user.
Phil Hartman, John Belushi.....too many great moments to list.
The show's still funny, but as you've correctly noted----who can stay up that late?

Thanks for that. My wife is looking at me like I am crazy. LOL.

Glad to help (as if she should not have already known that you were crazy :p)

Back
Top Bottom