• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Favorite President?

I would have to say that it is a tie between Ronald Regan and George W. Bush. I like Regan because he was a great man and built a strong economy. I like Bush because he is a man with morals, he always stays true to his world, and he is kind and compassionate. :D

Last edited:
Wow. No. Just No. Reagan had a huge nutsack. That's all he had going for him. He stood up to the Reds and that's about it. I doubt he came up with that economic plan. I'd like to call you out on this statement.

"I like the fact that he believes that the role of the presdent should utilize his resources rather than create them."

I think the Iraqi war and the Al Qaedi links were some pretty nice creations.

To answer the question, I would think nobody touches George Washington. Without him, there is no America. He set every precendent for the president (that sounds funny). 2 year term, he looked and acted powerful. He could have been a dictator, and he passed it up for democracy. That's a real president. Not Bush or Reagen, What a joke.

Well this is an odd choice. Lets see, Washington cheated on his wife, he owned slaves, and he had wooden teeth (ew). :screwy

In addition to that - Washington wasn't even elected. If Washington didn't fill the position, they would have gotten someone else. I agree he had charisma, but that doesn't make a good President. Look at Clinton.

I Like Ike

Off the top of my head I'd have to say that Dwight D. Eisenhower one of my favorite American Presidents. He stood by his actions and took account for them. He commanded our troops, as well as those of all the allies, during World War II and the Normandy Invasion on D-Day June 6th, 1944. The evening before the attack he penned a press release that stated, inpart, that the "failure of the mission was my responsiblity and mine alone, I am accountable." Thankfully our troops were sucessful and the release was never issued. But Ike was prepared to accept the responsiblity for his actions should they have failed. That type of character is sadly missing in public life today (no that's not just a slam at Bush it was missing long before he got here.)

Another thing I like about Ike is he actually is a good ol'boy. He comes from very humble beginings, born in Texas in 1890, brought up in Abilene, Kansas, Eisenhower was the third of seven sons. He excelled in sports in high school. His family was fairly poor and they could not afford to send him to college. So he took the exam for the Naval Acadamy. He did well on the test but the class for that year was full. He was instead offered a spot at Westpoint. He accepted. Personally I'm glad he took them up on the offer.

I'm too young to remember Reagan, but if effect is a valid reason to judge a presidency, then he's right there at the top. He brought an end to an age of constant threat of annihilation, and that's big. He loved his country, and it showed.

As far as his economic policy is concerned. It wasn't original to him. Kennedy was actually the first to propose tax cuts as a spur for the economy. Imagine that, an idea that the liberals, as a whole, despise was initiated by one of this country's greatest Democrat presidents.

I do like President Bush, too. But, I wouldn't quite say that he surpasses Reagan as my favorite, overall. I like strength and determination in leadership, which both he and Reagan exhibit.

bryanf said:
As far as his economic policy is concerned. It wasn't original to him. Kennedy was actually the first to propose tax cuts as a spur for the economy. Imagine that, an idea that the liberals, as a whole, despise was initiated by one of this country's greatest Democrat presidents.
This type of statement about liberals "as a whole" makes a good "talking point" but isn't always true. This idea that all liberals love all taxes sells the conservative agenda well but isn't accurate.

Last edited:
Pacridge said:
This type of statement about liberals "as a whole" makes a good "talking point" but isn't always true. This idea that all liberals love all taxes sells the conservative agenda well but isn't accurate.
That's why I didn't just leave it a blanket statement. "As a whole" is a qualifier, meaning the general sentiment existing in liberal philosophy.

I know liberals who don't like taxes, and conservatives who do, but what I am referring to is those who are in the public square. Those in politics and the media who are liberal, and most of them clearly demostrate their opposition to tax cuts as a way to spur the economy.

Back
Top Bottom