• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Favorite Pizza Place?

What is your favorite place to get pizza?

• Total voters

Southern Belle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
What's everyone's favorite Pizza place? Mine is DEFINATELY Sbarro's because of the size of the slices and I think they are made perfect at a specific mall I go to. Another mall, they are always burned, and not as good, but I think they are my very favorite. :2razz:

What about y'all?

What's everyone's favorite Pizza place? Mine is DEFINATELY Sbarro's because of the size of the slices and I think they are made perfect at a specific mall I go to. Another mall, they are always burned, and not as good, but I think they are my very favorite. :2razz:

What about y'all?

Theres a local place in town called Mighty Joe's. That's my favorite local place.
My absolute favorite place is a place near the Roswell Mill in Roswell Georgia. I cannot remember the name, just how to get there.

For a chain, the pizza at firehouse subs is really good.

Oh, I forgot Amici's in Porterdale Georgia. They make an excellent calzone! :)

Last edited:
This place called Stevi B's. It's flipping amazing! They have all kinds of weird pizza, my favorite being potato pizza. It's so amazing. Though I don't know if they are outside of Georgia.

As much as I detest NYC, that city alone has about 20,000 mom and pop pizzerias with better pizza than any chain you just listed up there.

However, in spirit of the poll, my favorite chain is Papa John's, narrowly beating out Little Caesars.

If I had to choose a chain it would be a tie between Johnny's, and Pizza Hut.

Fuel (Charlotte) and Donatos (OH, PA, IN, KY, TN, NC)

For chains. Too many one-offs to mention.

Mellow Mushroom, One of the few good things Alabama has to offer..

There's no Godfather's up there.

Not that it matters in my case. I can't eat from most pizza chains, and nothing tasty.

If I had to choose a chain it would be a tie between Johnny's, and Pizza Hut.

Johnny's is wicked awesome, love that place.

Fuel (Charlotte) and Donatos (OH, PA, IN, KY, TN, NC)

For chains. Too many one-offs to mention.

I would literally kill people to bring Donatos back to Georgia.
That was hands down the best pizza, I have ever had.

There's no Godfather's up there.

Not that it matters in my case. I can't eat from most pizza chains, and nothing tasty.

I really miss Godfather's! OMGZ! Best Pizza Ever and they would load it down with cheese and toppings.

In the States, it is almost always local pizza joints.... and as someone already pointed out, New York has awesome local pizza joints... I would add Chi-town to that as well. But even small towns have great local places.

As for U.S. chains, definately Mellow Mushroom followed by Papa John's.

Here in Taiwan, the choice is very limited. Pizza Hut is where I usually go here... and our whole family likes either pepperoni or octopus

Anyone here ever eaten at Pizza Inn or Hungry Howies? Both are good chains.

I live in Chicago and my wife is Sicilian, so I don't beleive any of those options actually serve pizza.

In essence the worst mom and pop pizza joint within walking distance of my home is ten times better than the best of those mentioned. Personally, I wouldn't eat at any of them.

Edited to add: The fact that these are the options listed also makes my soul cry for you people.

Last edited:
I live in Chicago and my wife is Sicilian, so I don't beleive any of those options actually serve pizza.

In essence the worst mom and pop pizza joint within walking distance of my home is ten times better than the best of those mentioned. Personally, I wouldn't eat at any of them.

Edited to add: The fact that these are the options listed also makes my soul cry for you people.

I'm a pizza aficionado.

Some of these places serve a damn good pie.
Chicago style is so-so but I've never had a pizza made in Chicago, so I don't know.

I prefer not to confuse my pizza with soup in a bread bowl. :lol:

I'm a pizza aficionado.

Some of these places serve a damn good pie.
Chicago style is so-so but I've never had a pizza made in Chicago, so I don't know.

I'm not just talking about deep dish pizza. Chicago-style pizza isn't the only type of pizza we have.

None of those places serves anything remotely close to a good pizza, by my standards.

I'm not just talking about deep dish pizza. Chicago-style pizza isn't the only type of pizza we have.

None of those places serves anything remotely close to a good pizza, by my standards.

Depends on the cook.
When I used to work for <insert commercial pizza operator> we'd make them differently from the base standards of how the company wanted, for ourselves.

A guy who takes pride in his work, can substantially improve the commercial chain pizza.

Back
Top Bottom