• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Favorite Pizza Place?

What is your favorite place to get pizza?

• Total voters
Depends on the cook.
When I used to work for <insert commercial pizza operator> we'd make them differently from the base standards of how the company wanted, for ourselves.

A guy who takes pride in his work, can substantially improve the commercial chain pizza.

Can't fix the crappy ingredients, though.

As far as the cook, you are absolutley correct. I know all of the best days to order from the various places by my house.

best pizza i had was from this little place in Carlton, it was in a back alley off a back alley, a halal place that i think the proprietor was a bit cheesed (get it, cheesed :mrgreen:) off having us infidels in, but the pizzas were ****ing fantastic.

Can't fix the crappy ingredients, though.

True enough, most of that is the flour the dough is made out of.
The other ingredients are alright.

As far as the cook, you are absolutley correct. I know all of the best days to order from the various places by my house.

I always wanted to open my own pizza shop but there are way to many around here.
I have about 4 or 5 in my little town.

The other ingredients are alright.

The other ingredietns are the worst. Even worse than the dough. You make me a sad panda when you say such evil things.

I've had Pizza all over the world. The best pie I've ever had is my mother-in-law's homemade, brick-oven pizza.

But as far as restaurant's go, the stuff I had in Sicily and Rome probably just edged out some of the stuff here in Chicago. The best places here do rival what I had in Italy, but I don't think I just got lucky and picked two of the best pizza places in Palermo and Rome by pure chance.

Now, I've never had a pie in New York, so I can't judge them. From what I hear, they are the only place in the US that rivals Chicago (and possibly beats us).

So basically, I'm not being snob about Chicago, I'm just spoiled by the plethora of really good pizza around here.

I always wanted to open my own pizza shop but there are way to many around here.
I have about 4 or 5 in my little town.

LOL. I've got 8 or 9 within one mile of my house. I **** you not.

I've never heard of some of those you guys mentioned but they sound good. I like Pizza Inn's chocolate chip dessert pizza, and when I was growing up I used to go there with my grandparents after church. :)

Last edited:
I've never heard of some of those you guys mentioned. I thought I put Pizza Inn in the list? o_O Hmm... Anyway, I like Pizza Inn's chocolate chip dessert pizza, and when I was growing up I used to go there with my grandparents after church. :)

Oops you did. Shows how much attention I was paying.

They were in Georgia a short time.
Best pizza ever, they all closed down due to lack of business.
Apparently they exist outside the state.
(Their pizza was expensive compared to other commercial operators.)

They're from Ohio. Go to Columbus. You can't trip without falling through one of their doors.

If you happen to watch the first episode of The Dukes of Hazzard after the pilot, they go into Atlanta to investigate a scam. They're in some back alley in Atlanta, and behind Bo is an old house with a screened-in porch and a hand-painted sign which says "Mellow Mushroom Pizza."

They're from Ohio. Go to Columbus. You can't trip without falling through one of their doors.

Ohio is a bit of a trip for me.

If you happen to watch the first episode of The Dukes of Hazzard after the pilot, they go into Atlanta to investigate a scam. They're in some back alley in Atlanta, and behind Bo is an old house with a screened-in porch and a hand-painted sign which says "Mellow Mushroom Pizza."

Have one of these close by, their decor is cool but I can't say that the pizza blew me away.
It's been a few years so it may have changed.

My favorite pizza place used to be Uno's until they went out of business in my town. Umberto's Pizzaria was my second favorite but now my favorite and favorite delivery pizza chain is Papa Johns.

Back
Top Bottom