• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Favorite Movies

Schweddy

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Horror: 6th Sense
Comedies: Beverly Hills Cop, Dumb and Dumber
Drama: God Father I, Return of the Kings, Million Dollar Baby
Action/Sci Fi: Star Wars, The Matrix, 12 Monkeys

What's yours?

Last edited:
Comedies: Monty Python and The Holy Grail, Blue Streak, Big Daddy, Happy Gilmore.

Historical War Movies: Kingdom of Heaven, Gladiator, The Patriot, Braveheart,

Action: Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter

just too many movies to name.

Horror/Suspense: May, The Cell, The Sixth Sense, The Others

Comedies: Not Another Teen Movie, The Cannonball Run

Drama: In America, Burnt Money, Romeo + Juliet (1996), Big Fish

Action: Crouching Tiger-Hidden Dragon, The Two Towers, House of Flying Daggers, Twister, both X-Men movies and the next three

Animation: Aladdin, Finding Nemo, The Emperor's New Groove

Sci Fi: Stargate, X-Files

Documentary: U2-Rattle and Hum

My guilty pleasure?
Charlie's Angels

Most deserving Oscar wins?
Charlize Theron-Monster
Hilary Swank-Boy Don't Cry
Tom Hanks-Forest Gump

Most undeserving Oscar win?
Julia Roberts for Erin Brockovich

I have have a tie for my all time favorite between Battle Royale and Fight Club.

Horror/Suspense - Alien, Hellraiser, Hellraiser 2, Das Experiment(Not quite sure if it would fit here)
Comedy - Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Meaning of Life, Ghostbusters
Action/Sci Fi - All the Star Wars, Fight Club, Battle Royale, Akira, What to do Incase of Fire

Horror: Anything with Adam Sandler is a horror

Comedies: Clerks, Kentucky Fried Movie, Airplane

Drama: Godfather I & II

Action/Sci Fi: The Running man, Rambo

Just a great, damn movie: Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory(original)

cnredd said:
Horror: Anything with Adam Sandler is a horror

Comedies: Clerks, Kentucky Fried Movie, Airplane

Drama: Godfather I & II

Action/Sci Fi: The Running man, Rambo

Just a great, damn movie: Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory(original)

I still haven't seen Clerks. I need to borrow it from my friend he has all sorts of Jay and Silent Bob stuff because he's related to Silent Bob.

Gore/Horror: Driller Killer, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Last House on the Left, 10000 maniacs, Ultimo Mondo Cannibale, Henry: Portrait, Silence of the Lambs

Funny: Toxic Avenger, Class of Nuke ´em high, Bad Taste, Basket Case

War: Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now, War documents

Possibly two of my favorite movies of all time: Schindler's List and Requiem for a Dream

Horror/Suspense/Thriller: 6th Sense, Memento, Seven (although it was a little too predictable), The Ring

Comedies: Wayne's World (both of them), Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Napoleon Dynamite (yes, I know.....), Dumb and Dumber, Tommy Boy, Black Sheep, School of Rock, The Incredibles, Snatch, Toy Story 2, I also enjoy Mel Brooks films...

Drama: Magnolia, the Royal Tenenbaums (is that a drama?), JFK (which I suppose is more historical-type), Fight Club, Being John Malkovich, Blow, and does Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind fit in here?

Historical: JFK (which I already listed), Hotel Rwanda, Sylvia (I guess that's historical)

Documentaries: I really like Michael Moore ones.. I think he's good at what he does; March of the Penguins, Winged Migration, The War Room, Outfoxed,

Foreign: Amelie, Triplets of Belleville

and wherever the hell I heart huckabees and edward scissorhands fits..

and tons more that I forgot. Damn, there's so many good ones...

and I'm with cnredd - I hate Adam Sandler! Except for his performance in Punch Drunk Love.

Les Fabuleux Destins d'Amélie Poulin (I believe it was just called Amelie in the English version, as referred to above - yes loverofpeace, wonderful film)

Dancer In The Dark

Village of the Damned (British original, not the awful Hollywood re-make).

Beautiful Thing

Anita and Me

Le Père Noël Est Un Ordure (classic French comedy, which roughly translated means "Father Christmas Is A B*stard")

Last edited:
Action: Leon, Goldfinger, Ronin

Comedy: Dr Strangelove (or how I learnt to stop caring and love the bomb)

Horror: Sixth Sense

Sci Fi: Star Wars, always Star Wars

Historical: Zulu

Can't say as to I've seen any foreign films, cept Amelie, but that is definately a great film.

romancing the stone/jewel of the nile
twins
a lot like love

favorite actor-danny devito

Drama: Wall Street
Comedy/Action: Red Dawn :mrgreen:
Comedy: Almost Heroes, South Park:Bigger, longer, and uncut.

Drama: A Beautiful Mind, The Color Purple

Action/Suspense: The Siege, The Fifth Element, X-Men(fan since I was younger), Seven(freaky movie)

Comedy: Bringing Down the House, Hustle & Flow (it wasn't supposed to be funny, but it was hilarious)

Actors: Morgan Freeman, Bruce Willis, Queen Latifah, Mark Wahlberg, Halle Berry...

Back
Top Bottom