• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Favorite Military Vehicles?

Fact is Dave your "funny pages" are as bizarre as Your War in VN continues to be.

It will be so for long after all of us are gone. VN is a blight on the USA no other war was, up to the present.

It's your personal legacy and not mine. The gung ho RA one.

Dave.

If I may call you Dave.

Actually if you are to be believed it is your legacy.

Vehicles don't get killed. The people inside do. I'm just sorry you never had a chance to ride around in that VC command-detonated anti-vehicular mine magnet. :)

In military venacular, destroying a vehicle is a "kill". During Desert Storm I scored 13 PC kills, 8 trucks and 3 tanks.

When you engage a vehicle, you can score a catostrophic kill, which means the vehicle is totally inoperable, including it's weapons system. Then, there's a mobility kill, where the vehicle is disabled and can't move, but the weapons systems are still a threat. An example would be shooting the tracks off a tank, but doing no damage to the turret, or it's ability to shoot.

M113 was good at what is was supposed to be. A cheap APC.

And when they said cheap, they meant it. I remember talking to a guy from Singapore who had driven one of them when he had served.

"The M113 was great cause you could do so much with it. And it never threw a track, unless you went downhill, uphill, turned, reversed, or went fast!"

If the driver stayed on top of his PMCS, he wouldn't throw a track and if he did, it takes about 10 minutes to fix it.

In military venacular, destroying a vehicle is a "kill". During Desert Storm I scored 13 PC kills, 8 trucks and 3 tanks.

When you engage a vehicle, you can score a catostrophic kill, which means the vehicle is totally inoperable, including it's weapons system. Then, there's a mobility kill, where the vehicle is disabled and can't move, but the weapons systems are still a threat. An example would be shooting the tracks off a tank, but doing no damage to the turret, or it's ability to shoot.

So you're talking about the M113 from the point of view of taking it out. I agree, it's great for that.

More funny pages material.
Fact is Dave your "funny pages" are as bizarre as Your War in VN continues to be.

It will be so for long after all of us are gone. VN is a blight on the USA no other war was, up to the present.

It's your personal legacy Dave and not mine. The gung ho RA one.

Actually if you are to be believed it is your legacy.

The specific personal legacy I referenced was
1) gung ho
2) RA

During the Vietnam Era, RA refers of course to Regular Army as differentiated from the US prefix designation of draftee, ie, United States, each of which was the enlisted identifying prefix code to the unique service serial number. So that's RA xxx-xx-xxx or US xxx-xx-xxx.

I was not any of the three: RA or US which were formal nor was I the informal gung ho. While The Old Guard was most agreeable to me, and I to it, I do not consider myself to have been 'gung ho' about protecting the Potus and the national capital which is a profession rather than a high.

Dave ignores my inquiries and probing, refusing for instance to respond to my specific boilerplate question of whether he made (buck) sergeant E-5 during his tour, which rank/grade we know is three down and none across. So I have to conclude Dave was 11B, or one-one-bee which is light weapons infantry enlisted, while the officer designation of same is 11A. Then there's the serial number and prefix RA or US or O indicating Officer (O-1 indicates as you know well 2LT, up to O-10 which too is 4-star officer, your having retired as a Fleet Marine Staff Gunny and all (E-7) after 20.

So in sum Gunny I specifically identified whose legacy the VN War is -- and it ain't a good one izzit. As in forever I'm afraid, and it is the legacy of Dave and the other Nixon voters, supporters, diehards -- civilian and military -- till the double barreled bitter end for 'em and of 'em. This includes those who would have voted for Nixon in '68 and '72 but were too young, your having retired in 1999 as I recall you saying.

Last edited:
All the same some people like one's favorite vehicle while others do not.

Tankman made himself clear the day after the CCP Tianamen massacre of unarmed civilians protesting the CCP and demonstrating for democracy in China.

130831194722-21-iconic-tiananmen---restricted.jpg

1) gung ho
2) RA

During the Vietnam Era, RA refers of course to Regular Army as differentiated from the US prefix designation of draftee, ie, United States, each of which was the enlisted identifying prefix code to the unique service serial number. So that's RA xxx-xx-xxx or US xxx-xx-xxx.

I was not any of the three: RA or US which were formal nor was I the informal gung ho. While The Old Guard was most agreeable to me, and I to it, I do not consider myself to have been 'gung ho' about protecting the Potus and the national capital which is a profession rather than a high.

Dave ignores my inquiries and probing, refusing for instance to respond to my specific boilerplate question of whether he made (buck) sergeant E-5 during his tour, which rank/grade we know is three down and none across. So I have to conclude Dave was 11B, or one-one-bee which is light weapons infantry enlisted, while the officer designation of same is 11A. Then there's the serial number and prefix RA or US or O indicating Officer (O-1 indicates as you know well 2LT, up to O-10 which too is 4-star officer, your having retired as a Fleet Marine Staff Gunny and all (E-7) after 20.

So in sum Gunny I specifically identified whose legacy the VN War is -- and it ain't a good one izzit. As in forever I'm afraid, and it is the legacy of Dave and the other Nixon voters, supporters, diehards -- civilian and military -- till the double barreled bitter end for 'em and of 'em. This includes those who would have voted for Nixon in '68 and '72 but were too young, your having retired in 1999 as I recall you saying.

Your legacy. If you are to be believed.

1) gung ho
2) RA

Send above to http://www.comicbooks.com or http://www.Imtoofargone.com

Last edited:
Your legacy. If you are to be believed.

You haven't any argument.

You have only this pronouncement ex cathedra.

Repeatedly.

Yet the vast majority of posters are other than E1 - E4 who need to accept arbitrary declarations and imperatives. In other words Fledermaus you have to argue and present your case here as if you had an operational plan and a viable method instead of merely saying something is so then moving on to the next fun item. Indeed, all you're doing is to make a summary assertion without anything to support it. You're expecting what you assert as self entertainment to be accepted seriously because you said it.

I've presented why the VN War debacle is Dave's legacy while you try to contradict the fact from out of the blue and in 10 words or less. You and your new friend.

Vietnam was part of the Cold War as was Korea, Afghanistan, Angola, Philippines, and on and on. The Cold War was fought in dozens of places.

We won the Cold War.

They're all gone and we're still here.

Repeatedly.

Yet the vast majority of posters are other than E1 - E4 who need to accept arbitrary declarations and imperatives. In other words Fledermaus you have to argue and present your case here as if you had an operational plan and a viable method instead of merely saying something is so then moving on to the next fun item. Indeed, all you're doing is to make a summary assertion without anything to support it. You're expecting what you assert as self entertainment to be accepted seriously because you said it.

I've presented why the VN War debacle is Dave's legacy while you try to contradict the fact from out of the blue and in 10 words or less. You and your new friend.

Japanese infantry:

Repeatedly.

If your story is to believed....

The US won every war until it was your turn.

You and your fellow officers failed.

Officers.

Who determined strategy? Who wrote the Op plans? Who led?

According to you senior enlisted personel did nothing but make sure latrines were dug and the troops were lined up pretty for inspection by their omnipotent and all knowing officers.

What you presented was Tangmobabble and Tangmohistory.

My Father in Law was with the Armored Infantry from North Africa through Germany.
I once asked him a similar question, and he said the tank destroyers and the crews that ran them were his heroes.
The way he described it, the Sherman's had to lead the German tanks into their line of fire,
and they could take out anything the Germans had.
He also mentioned they were very exposed in the open turret.
Which is why the A10 warthog gets my vote. A serious tank killer.

If your story is to believed....

The US won every war until it was your turn.

You and your fellow officers failed.

Officers.

Who determined strategy? Who wrote the Op plans? Who led?

According to you senior enlisted personel did nothing but make sure latrines were dug and the troops were lined up pretty for inspection by their omnipotent and all knowing officers.

What you presented was Tangmobabble and Tangmohistory.

Officers command, LCO lead.

The officer's weapon is radio communication to direct and coordinate. The NCO's weapon is leadership on the line. A superb recent development of this came out of Sandhurst in creating the Battle Captain.

The Battle Captain innovation put an officer on the scene of an engagement to exclusively communicate among the company commander(s) to receive their real time reports and the battalion commander; and vice versa. This frees up the company CO to spend more radio time directing the lieutenants and nco in the battle rather than have to respond directly to the BN commander on the horn for a couple of minutes every couple of minutes for reports and exchanges about tactics, weapons and so on. The Battle Captain may sometimes be a LT or be a major at other times but it's one of the most significant tactical military developments since the old walkie talkie some of us still had in our day.

So NCO are indeed the backbone of the US military while officers are the gray matter atop it. This is further evidenced by your story that never ends and cranks on as the most long winded sea story ever. And convoluted besides.

You guys are engaging willfully in fratricide while Nixon is the One. Nixon prolonged the war until he thought he was safely reelected. It was Nixon and Kissinger together who made the war impossible for everyone at home and abroad, civilian and military to include the generals. Some of you guys meanwhile drivel on with your fratricide. I would never call it friendly fire either because it's intentional, not accidental.

Last edited:
Most significant about the Battle Captain is that the officer often directly observes the engagement as it is occurring. The great value of the Battle Captain is that the BC reports directly to the battalion commander on every thing he sees and hears via radio communications. The BN cdr then does a one-way only communication with each or the only company commander(s) to issue new and ever flexible orders as the course of the firefight or engagement occurs, develops, changes instantly.

This saves the company commanders precious command time to immediately direct the troops and small units under the cpy cmdr's responsibility and mission, instead of the cpy co having to spend so much time on the horn going back and forth with the BN co while the action keeps getting out ahead of the cpy co and that cpy co has to catch up with while the new orders from the BN co are already going stale.

The Battle Captain innovation and process accents the fact the officer commands while the nco leads, and it makes evident the difference between the two as well as the interdependence of 'em.

So let's not forget about the Battle NCO:

Battle Captain crucial to success of Combined Resolve IV

The position of the battle captain and battle NCO are essential to a successful [battle] because they are the ones with the most current knowledge and they keep operations going as smoothly as possible during the exercise.

size0.jpg

Behind the massive computer screens that project the battlefield in real time, is Capt. Jake Hartson. Hartson, one of the battle captains in the DTOC, is responsible for monitoring the battlefield and reporting the movements on the battlefield to the Chief of Operations (CHOPs) of the Joint Multinational Readiness Center. Hartson started his military career at the age of 17 in ROTC and chose to serve on active duty as an Armor officer. Sgt. 1st Class Adam Hullet is one of Hartson's battle NCOs and has been in the Army for 13 years. Hullet's position differs from Hartson's in that he has to constantly track each movement and every report that comes into the DTOC. The position of the battle captain and battle NCO are essential to a successful Combined Resolve IV because they are the ones with the most current knowledge and they keep operations going as smoothly as possible during the exercise.

https://www.army.mil/article/149624/battle_captain_crucial_to_success_of_combined_resolve_iv

Last edited:
Officers command, LCO lead.

The officer's weapon is radio communication to direct and coordinate. The NCO's weapon is leadership on the line. A superb recent development of this came out of Sandhurst in creating the Battle Captain.

The Battle Captain innovation put an officer on the scene of an engagement to exclusively communicate among the company commander(s) to receive their real time reports and the battalion commander; and vice versa. This frees up the company CO to spend more radio time directing the lieutenants and nco in the battle rather than have to respond directly to the BN commander on the horn for a couple of minutes every couple of minutes for reports and exchanges about tactics, weapons and so on. The Battle Captain may sometimes be a LT or be a major at other times but it's one of the most significant tactical military developments since the old walkie talkie some of us still had in our day.

So NCO are indeed the backbone of the US military while officers are the gray matter atop it. This is further evidenced by your story that never ends and cranks on as the most long winded sea story ever. And convoluted besides.

You guys are engaging willfully in fratricide while Nixon is the One. Nixon prolonged the war until he thought he was safely reelected. It was Nixon and Kissinger together who made the war impossible for everyone at home and abroad, civilian and military to include the generals. Some of you guys meanwhile drivel on with your fratricide. I would never call it friendly fire either because it's intentional, not accidental.

What does this get a life BS have to do with Favorite Military Vehicles?

Military_parade_2018_17.jpg

Last edited:
If you consider Marvin Heemeyer an army of one, his design of the Killdozer ain't too shabby.

Killdozer.png

Who couldn't love Project 1794?

160511-F-IO108-004.jpg

Making anal probes a reality, one test flight at a time.

s-l640.jpg

I have a soft spot in my heart for the flying boxcar B-24 Liberator, especially since my grandfather was a nosegunner on one.

What does this get a life BS have to do with Favorite Military Vehicles?

View attachment 67301470

Japan Infantry that you attempt to malign even though Japan is the equivalent of the UK as a vital ally of the USA. UK being an island nation off the strategic continent of Europe and the Atlantic down to the Med, as Japan is an island nation off the coast of East Asia -- as in China, NK, Russia, in the Pacific and South China Sea. Each Japan and UK is the equivalent to the USA these dayze as the base of operations against the enemy.

You've missed the whole of it as The Fratricide Bros. that you are have designated me willfully and maliciously as the enemy instead. It's what happens when certain people deny they voted for Trump or would have voted for Nixon who prolonged the war until he and Kissinger believed he was safely reelected because, in Nixon's words, he didn't want to become the first president to lose a war, although that is what he was doing all along and knowingly, with his Trump saps and suckers -- in your guy Trump's words -- who lost it.

Turned out you and your guy Nixon surrendered the war "with honor. " Meaning dishonor. And lies.

That's you and Fledermaus together as the generations of USA warriors do attest against you, each and both.

Last edited:
If the driver stayed on top of his PMCS, he wouldn't throw a track and if he did, it takes about 10 minutes to fix it.

There's no need to pretend like the 113 was some kind of superweapon or anything. It was designed for WWIII and was meant to be a light, cheap way to mechanize large conscript armies. It did that job just fine, but it was always a cheap, light skinned vehicle that got lost in the thousands.

Back
Top Bottom