• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Favorite Military Vehicles?

Ontos.jpg

The Ontos. It mounted 6 105mm recoiless rifles.

It was originally made for army paratroops but after they developed it, they turned it down. It's role was to be a tank destroyer.

The marines picked it up and ordered like 300. And it was to see some action in Vietnam.

Since the recoiless rifles didn't have any recoil, it could fire all six at one time. It was like calling in an artillery strike.

On the top of each recoiless rifle, you can see a rifle. These were targeting rifles, they would fire a tracer that match the trajectory of the recoiless rifle so that you'd know when you were on target.

The marines used it as infantry support.

The main problem with it was the armor was too thin, especially the bottom, which made it susceptible to mines.

6x6 troop transport. Love 'em. Wish I had one.

View attachment 67301018

We were on an FTX many years ago. We had a tactical situation where we were required to sling a vehicle under a CH 47. A fresh 2nd Lt suggested we sling a deuce and a half. “Sir, that can’t be done!” “Why not, it’s a 2.5 ton truck,” the Lt replied. “Sir, that refers to what it can carry, not what it weighs!”

You know who you are..........

While I like to leave 'em laughing you're outdoing me at this thread and topic hands down.

Your hit and run drive by posts are a riot.

And I'd bet you still love the smell of napalm in the morning -- drifting over from the civilian villages.

More funny pages material.

Keep slinging it.

More funny pages material.

Fact is Dave your "funny pages" are as bizarre as Your War in VN continues to be.

It will be so for long after all of us are gone. VN is a blight on the USA no other war was, up to the present.

It's your personal legacy and not mine. The gung ho RA one.

Dave.

If I may call you Dave.

Fact is Dave your "funny pages" are as bizarre as Your War in VN continues to be.

It will be so for long after all of us are gone. VN is a blight on the USA no other war was, up to the present.

It's your personal legacy and not mine. The gung ho RA one.

Dave.

If I may call you Dave.

Japanese infantry

topphoto14.jpg

The one-one-threeimages.jpeg

Yeah, you go to a war zone and drive around in that POS. Good luck to you, I'll hump.

It isn't a tank and shouldn't be used as a tank. The M-113 does a superb job of doing what it was designed to do, with minimal maintanance issues and they easy to maintain and easy to repair.

It isn't a tank and shouldn't be used as a tank. The M-113 does a superb job of doing what it was designed to do, with minimal maintanance issues and they easy to maintain and easy to repair.

I saw 3 guys get killed within about 20 minutes as 2 APCs got blown up. No thanks. I liked them when they were around because of the .50 but I wouldn't have wanted to ride in one every day.

I saw 3 guys get killed within about 20 minutes as 2 APCs got blown up. No thanks.

No vehicle is invincible. You're arguing, just to argue, huh?...lol

You don't seem to be catching on.

You post pictures of 5-ton trucks, then whine about APC's getting killed on the battlefield. Oh, I get it...lmao!

The Schwimmwagen just because I find it fun to say.

M113 is good for what it was designed to do. It has armor that can protect against artillery, small arms, and anti personnel mines.

M113 was good at what is was supposed to be. A cheap APC.

And when they said cheap, they meant it. I remember talking to a guy from Singapore who had driven one of them when he had served.

"The M113 was great cause you could do so much with it. And it never threw a track, unless you went downhill, uphill, turned, reversed, or went fast!"

And that vehicle can't be killed? :ROFLMAO:

Vehicles don't get killed. The people inside do. I'm just sorry you never had a chance to ride around in that VC command-detonated anti-vehicular mine magnet. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom