• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Favorite Military Vehicles?

By the way, do you know who was doing the narration? He sounded very familiar.

Sounded familiar to me too. I did about a 15-minute search using google and couldn't match the voice or get the narrator. Sir Michael Edward Palin, of Monty Python fame, does narration but the voice doesn't quite match.

Sounded familiar to me too. I did about a 15-minute search using google and couldn't match the voice or get the narrator. Sir Michael Edward Palin, of Monty Python fame, does narration but the voice doesn't quite match.

I would say it was James Mason. but he died in 1984. The computer animation in the video indicates that the documentary was made more recently than that, so it's probably not Mason, unless his voice was taken from an earlier version of the production.

I would say it was James Mason. but he died in 1984. The computer animation in the video indicates that the documentary was made more recently than that, so it's probably not Mason, unless his voice was taken from an earlier version of the production.

It's going to drive me crazy until, if, I find out.

Sorry, Dave. :) I didn't mean to send you on such an intense mission. I'll see what I can find out, as well.

Dave, I checked James Mason's IMDB page, and it listed all his voice-over work. Although he did a lot, none of them appeared to be about World War II. So, I guess it was somebody else.

Dave! The narrator's name is PHIL CROWLEY.

The clip is from a History Channel series called "Dogfights." The segment about "Old 666" is from episode #10 called "Long Odds." It aired on January 12, 2007.

Holy cow, Joko! What an amazing story! It kind of choked me up. That's real heroism. Thanks for posting that!

By the way, do you know who was doing the narration? He sounded very familiar.

When I was a child, my family and I went to some kind of function, and there was a medal of honor winner there. After he gave a speech, we joined a group of people to informally listen to his story. I can't remember exactly what happened, but he was in a big airplane on a mission. All I remember (and this is typical of what a child would remember :) ) is that, during the battle, the front windows of the plane became splattered with blood. To see out, one of the men urinated onto a piece of cloth and used it to wipe the blood off. (I noticed in the video there was a scene showing blood on a window.)

Things like that just boggle my mind. I know this might sound corny, but I thank God (literally) that we have people like that who have the guts to do what is necessary to preserve not only our freedom but the freedom of the world.
\

Then you should enjoy this.....

The clip is from a History Channel series called "Dogfights." The segment about "Old 666" is from episode #10 called "Long Odds." It aired on January 12, 2007.
You watch history films, color me impressed. Good for you.

\

Then you should enjoy this.....

What a great story, Bum! And very touching. It's reassuring to see that, even in a war, some people don't stop being human.

I see where somebody wrote about it in a book, and there was a song about it. Now, all they need is for somebody to make it into a movie.

Thanks for posting that, Bum! It was well worth the read.

Reactions: Bum
You watch history films, color me impressed. Good for you.

Thanks, Casper, but to be honest, I had to research it. The original clip on YouTube contained a reference to it being on the History Channel, so I had to google it,, and that led me to a Wikipedia article that listed all the episodes. Thank goodness, I live in a time where you can do all that. :)

Thanks, Casper, but to be honest, I had to research it. The original clip on YouTube contained a reference to it being on the History Channel, so I had to google it,, and that led me to a Wikipedia article that listed all the episodes. Thank goodness, I live in a time where you can do all that. :)
Well now that you know where it is you might find something interesting to watch and guess what you accidentally learn stuff along the way. Good for ones POV. Yes in my day you had to read books and I now do both.

I saw his name listed as one of the best narrators but I couldn't find a connection between him and "Old 666". Good job.

a tough choice between these 3 vehicles
T80U
T-80-tank-Engineering-Technologies-2010.jpg

T-90MS/T-90M

2w748zpd9zr21.jpg

and the Centauro 2

v1COo88.jpg

Traditional land rovers and jeeps have been iconic military vehicles.

In terms of current vehicles, the Oshkosh L-ATV looks to be a very good vehicle, which a number of countries are looking to purchase including Britain. :)

Back
Top Bottom