• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Favorite Cover Songs

Jimi Hendrix.....Voodoo Child

Cover - Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen

Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes.....If You Don't Know Me by Now.

Cover.....Simply Red.

Robert Plant's stunning cover of Tim Hardin's masterpiece

here is the original

many other artists have covered it including Bobby Darin (top ten), Johnny Cash/June Carter, Neil Diamond and the Dropkick Murphys among others

I guess this is sort of a cover but I love this song and heard them play it on that tour

never saw them play this live-the studio version had two guitars and I don't believe LZ ever played the full song live in concert until they did the Ertegun tribute concert 27 years after JB died.

the original from LZ II

and here is the other good cover (still with Jimmy on Guitar with JP Jones on Bass)

One of the best covers ever IMHO

Eddie Vedder covering the Ramones

the original

Van Halen cover of "You Really Got Me" - The Kinks

Original:

And just found a Metallica version!

Last edited:
Metallica Cover of Thin Lizzy's "Whiskey in the Jar"

Original:

These are all so great. Bonnie Rait's cover of "Runaway" is just best-ever.

So many covers of "Don't Think Twice (It's Alright)", but I really like Susan Tedeschi's. Here, she's singing with hubs Derek Trucks, who's the guitarist:

These are all so great. Bonnie Rait's cover of "Runaway" is just best-ever.

So many covers of "Don't Think Twice (It's Alright)", but I really like Susan Tedeschi's. Here, she's singing with hubs Derek Trucks, who's the guitarist:

I never thought anyone would be as good as Duane though Dickie Betts came close but Derek is

another Metallica cover, this time of the Ramones

the last Ramones live performance of this song

Glad someone else picked up "Hurt". I was about to have to say some unkind words about peoples' tastes.

Disturbed - Land of Confusion (Genesis)

Manic Street Preachers - Suicide is Painless (theme from M*A*S*H)

Five Finger Death Punch - Bad Company (Bad Company)

Since I started last post with Disturbed covering a Genesis song, I thought I'd wrap up with someone covering Disturbed:

Richard Cheese - Down with the Sickness (Disturbed)

Metallica Cover of Thin Lizzy's "Whiskey in the Jar"

Original:

Thanks for posting that! I didn't know it was a cover. I'm not too familiar with the music of Thin Lizzie.

This is kind of a weird one because although the Stones had already recorded the song they hadn't released it by the time Gram Parson released Burrito Deluxe

The Byrds covering Dylan's "Chimes of Freedom" -

Dylan himself during his tour with the Grateful Dead -

and Youssou Ndour

Thanks for posting that! I didn't know it was a cover. I'm not too familiar with the music of Thin Lizzie.

Ah ha. You learn something new every day. :mrgreen:

Megadeth Cold Sweat:

Thin Lizzy Original:

"Them Changes" by King Curtis -

And the original by The Band of Gypsies -

And since I'm on a King Curtis kick here he is doing "Whiter shade of Pale" -

with the Procol Harum original -

Zappa covering "Whipping Post" -

and the Allman Brothers doing what they do best -

Back
Top Bottom