• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Favorite Cover Songs

Black Sabbath.....Cover - Paranoid.

Elton John's cover was obviously the most famous of my favorite beatles song but this is my favorite cover

Godsmack.....Cover - Voodoo.

But I like their Video Version better.

voodoo.gif

as a side note

the WORST COVERS

1) Marilyn Manson's botched cover of DOWN BY THE PARK By Gary Numan (the foo fighters cover is decent)

2)Molly Hatchett's hatchet job on DUANE Allman's Dreams (there were only two other people who could play a slide like Duane-Dicky Betts and Derek Trucks)

3) Linda Ronstandt's cover of Elvis Costello's GIRLS TALK. it was so bad that EC released the copyright on that song!!

and the worst cover of all time

THE FLYING LIZARDS abortion of the Beatles MONEY

Rolling Stones.....Cover - Let It Bleed.

and I will end tonight (on this thread) with really wonderful song

you know an artist has talent when artists of far different types of music sound good doing their work

two men, late giants in their respective musical fields pay tribute to the God of Reggae

I think that Tina Turner did an awesome job with this cover, but she is pretty awesome anyway. ;)

Proud Mary ~ Tina Turner

And here's the original version by CCR!

I was looking at a website with cover songs on it, and this one came up which I had no idea was a cover. I actually like the Soft Cell version better. :mrgreen:

The original

Tainted Love ~ Gloria Jones

The Cover

Tainted Love ~ Soft Cell

Here's another one I didn't know about. The Stones version reminds of a creepy movie I saw once with Denzel Washington, can't remember the name of it though.

The original

Time Is On My Side ~ Irma Thomas

Time Is On My Side ~ Stones

And the second part to Soft Cell's version of that song is a copy of "Where did our love go" by the Supremes.

I was looking at a website with cover songs on it, and this one came up which I had no idea was a cover. I actually like the Soft Cell version better. :mrgreen:

The original

Tainted Love ~ Gloria Jones

The Cover

Tainted Love ~ Soft Cell

And the second part to Soft Cell's version of that song is a copy of "Where did our love go" by the Supremes.

Really? I did not know that. I'm learning all kinds of new things today. :)

Here's another surprising one. This was originally sung by a man? Weird. :lol: Apparently Cindi just made a few minor lyrical changes. I prefer her song. The original kind of stinks IMO.

The original:

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun ~ Robert Hazard

The cover:

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun ~ Cindi Lauper

Sam and Dave.....Soul Man

Cover - Blues Brothers.....Soul Man.

Cover:

White Rabbit ~ Grace Potter and the Nocturnals

Original:

White Rabbit ~ Jefferson Airplane

Back
Top Bottom