• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Favorite Cover Songs

Wynonna Judd doing Lynard Skynard's Freebird

Bonnie Raitt doing Del Shannon's Runaway

Kristen Kelly doing John Prine's Angel from Montgomery

Stevie Ray Vaughan doing Jimi Hendrix's Little Wing (instrumental) and then Voodoo Child (slight return)

Eric Clapton doing J. J. Cale's Cocaine

Lenny Kravitz/Eric Clapton doing Bob Dylan's All Along the Watchtower (skip to 1:46)

Eric Johnson has a good version as well

You have some great guitarists! My favorite is Eddie, but I think SRV is incredible live. The Eric Johnson version of Hendrix is beautiful. Excellent sound and playing.

Lenny Kravitz/Eric Clapton doing Bob Dylan's All Along the Watchtower (skip to 1:46)

Eric Johnson has a good version as well

Thank You. My favorite guitar player, that you (probably) never heard, is Danny Gatton - unfortunately, he comitted suicide in 1994.

Back on topic some Danny Gatton covers:

The Beach Boy's In My Room

Sun Medley (Mystery Train - My Baby left Me - That's All Right)

JT and Matt Morris, Hallelujah:

My three favorites

Gregg and Duane covering Bonnie Dobson's apocalyptic tune (the Grateful Dead did a killer version too)

Jimi Hendrix cover of HEY JOE (this song made him an international star and Noel Redding's bass line is a thing of wonder)

and the Clash's cover of I fought the law was awesome

That video of Jimi is awesome, I forgot how cool he looks when performing. Looks like those white kids don't know what to think. :)

My three favorites

Gregg and Duane covering Bonnie Dobson's apocalyptic tune (the Grateful Dead did a killer version too)

Jimi Hendrix cover of HEY JOE (this song made him an international star and Noel Redding's bass line is a thing of wonder)

and the Clash's cover of I fought the law was awesome

Aerosmith.....Cover - Toys In the Attic. Sweet Emotion!

sandy denny, richard thompson and fairport convention covering bob dylan

and the pre folk/pre sandy denny Fairport covering Emitt Rhodes

Nazarath.....Cover - Hair Of the Dog.

Nazarath.....Cover - Hair Of the Dog.

Nazareth also covered Morning Dew

I don't like their version as well as the original or the Dead's or the ABB/31st of February but its not bad

then again Nazareth didn't have Duane Allman or Jerry Garcia on guitar-two of the greatest ever

Back
Top Bottom