• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Favorite conservative quotes

Xsnake1

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
In general, I'm against big government, but I would support a massive emergency federal program to teach logic to liberals. - Ann Coulter

4774136353_d58d2b9ccb.jpg

001.jpg

"Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas.'' ~ Rep. Michelle Bachmann

"I will tell you: It's three agencies of government, when I get there, that are gone: Commerce, Education and the -- what's the third one there? Let's see. ... OK. So Commerce, Education and the -- ... The third agency of government I would -- I would do away with the Education, the ... Commerce and -- let's see -- I can't. The third one, I can't. Sorry. Oops." –Rick Perry

“It seems to me, from what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.” - Todd Akin

''This was a war of Obama's choosing. This is not something the United States has actively prosecuted or wanted to engage in.''
—Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele, while speaking at a Connecticut fundraiser about the war in Afghanistan

''Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on you.''
—Rep. Virginia Foxx

''Marriage is not a civil right. You're not black.''
—Ann Coulter

Barry Goldwater:

"The religious factions will go on imposing their will on others,"

"I don't have any respect for the Religious Right."

"Every good Christian should line up and kick Jerry Falwell's ass."

"A woman has a right to an abortion."

"If you disagree with these religious groups on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a loss of money or votes or both. I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in 'A,' 'B,' 'C,' and 'D.' Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me? And I am even more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my vote on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today: I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of 'conservatism.' "

In general, I'm against big government, but I would support a massive emergency federal program to teach logic to liberals. - Ann Coulter

The American Republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money.

Unknown.

"Othar than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the show?" - unknown

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice, in a contemptible struggle." - Sir Edmund Burke

"If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man." - C.S. Lewis

"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley

Oh, and this one's probably my personal favorite. :mrgreen:

"I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said." - William F. Buckley

Last edited:
"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice, in a contemptible struggle." - Sir Edmund Burke

"If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man." - C.S. Lewis

"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley

Oh, and this one's probably my personal favorite. :mrgreen:

"I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said" - William F. Buckley

Scariest words in the english language I'm from the government & I'm here to help !! Ronald Reagan

I'd rather be governed by the first 535 names in the Boston phone book! W.F.Buckley

"...[You] believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality. ... That's not the way the world really works anymore..... We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality."

"....unnamed aide to George W. Bush (later attributed to Karl Rove[1]):

The aide said that guys like me were "in what we call the reality-based community," which he defined as people who "believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality." ... "That's not the way the world really works anymore," he continued. "We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors…and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do."[2]
Wikipedia

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
Will Rogers

"I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go?" - Barak Obama

Will Rogers was a strong supporter of FDR and the New Deal. Although he criticized both parties, he was a liberal democrat, definitely not a conservative.

"We know that no one person can succeed unless everybody else succeeds."-Howard Dean

Will Rogers was a strong supporter of FDR and the New Deal. Although he criticized both parties, he was a liberal democrat, definitely not a conservative.

While all that is true he was also a mid-century Democrat which has very little in common with today's Democrats. I wouldn't call him a Conservative but the quote I used is very much in the Conservative tone.

"African Americans watch the same news at night that ordinary Americans do." - Bill Clinton

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.

Ronald Reagan

"I might run for president." or "I am running for president."

Donald trump, Ted Nugent, Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, Rick Santorum, Rick Perry, Newt, Some idiot actor who liked playing with monkeys, Herman Cain......That is a long and crazy list of conservatives.

the very best of larry craig ... excepting what oozed down his leg
I am not gay. I never have been gay.
o Prepared statement August 28, 2007, on the subject of his alleged homosexuality and guilty plea of lewd sexual behavior on June 11 in a men's room in Minneapolis airport known as a gay hookup spot; MSNBC
The American people already know that Bill Clinton is a bad boy, a naughty boy. I'm going to speak out for the citizens of my state who in the majority think that Bill Clinton is probably even a nasty, bad, naughty boy.
o about President Clinton, Meet the Press, January 24, 1999

Larry Craig - Wikiquote

Scariest words in the english language I'm from the government & I'm here to help !! Ronald Reagan

I'd rather be governed by the first 535 names in the Boston phone book! W.F.Buckley

Greetings, penn1954. :2wave:

:funny: Great quotes! :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom