• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Favorite Chicken Fast Food Outlets

Which is your favorite chicken fastfood outlet?

• Total voters
I guess I could understand liking Chick-fil-A. Those cows are trying to spell and all. Anyway, the coating isn't as 'overpowering' as KFC. I don't hold their gay marriage stance against them. Chick-fil-A isn't open on Sundays, though.

What are the advantages of exclusively eating fish 'meat'? Why not vegan? You in love with tartar sauce?

Well, I gotta eat some kind of meat. That's why I'm still debating with myself whether I actually want to go full vegan.

And to me, eating fish is the less unethical meat source when compared to eating meat from animals.

I would be typing "you don't ****ing say" in bold and all caps right now, but the way you phrased that seems to imply people are actually arguing that fish isn't actually meat. Please tell me I'm reading too far into that.

Wait, please don't tell me people are actually arguing that fish isn't meat. Please tell me that isn't so.

I would be typing "you don't ****ing say" in bold and all caps right now, but the way you phrased that seems to imply people are actually arguing that fish isn't actually meat. Please tell me I'm reading too far into that.

People don't always consider it the same thing as land mammals or birds. Even people who are "vegetarian", but every once in awhile eat a fish to catch up on proper nutrition. It's still meat. But somehow it's viewed as "better" or more "ethical" than land animals. It's not really, and in fact if you consider fishing practices, the over fishing of species and destruction on the ocean and sea environments, hell even some of the "farming" practices...it can all be just as suspect as the megafarming on land.

Fish is meat. Even your own statement was erroneous, "I can respect that enough not to call you a dirty commie for not eating meat." But fish is meat, that spurred my comment. So even you seem to take some differentiation between fish and land animals.

It's not a big deal, but I am technically correct.

People don't always consider it the same thing as land mammals or birds. Even people who are "vegetarian", but every once in awhile eat a fish to catch up on proper nutrition. It's still meat. But somehow it's viewed as "better" or more "ethical" than land animals. It's not really, and in fact if you consider fishing practices, the over fishing of species and destruction on the ocean and sea environments, hell even some of the "farming" practices...it can all be just as suspect as the megafarming on land.

Fish is meat. Even your own statement was erroneous, "I can respect that enough not to call you a dirty commie for not eating meat." But fish is meat, that spurred my comment. So even you seem to take some differentiation between fish and land animals.

It's not a big deal, but I am technically correct.

No no no, if I thought she wasn't eating meat, I would have called her a dirty commie. If she had said she WAS vegan, I would have called her a dirty commie, because strawmen are fun and vegans aren't.

Well, I gotta eat some kind of meat. That's why I'm still debating with myself whether I actually want to go full vegan.

And to me, eating fish is the less unethical meat source when compared to eating meat from animals.

Ugh, you need to watch the final 1 minute of this documentary before you turn into that annoying "other guy" who shall not be named...

No no no, if I thought she wasn't eating meat, I would have called her a dirty commie. If she had said she WAS vegan, I would have called her a dirty commie, because strawmen are fun and vegans aren't.

Alright, fair enough. It was a silly aside anyway.

Ugh, you need to watch the final 1 minute of this documentary before you turn into that annoying "other guy" who shall not be named...

Oh come on man, I'm not Militant_Vegan crazy.

I don't even think it's wrong to eat meat.

Why Doug McClure? EDIT: Nevermind. It's Troy, a fake person. Looks like Doug, though.

Oh come on man, I'm not Militant_Vegan crazy.

I don't even think it's wrong to eat meat.

Well you were talking about ethics and all that. Just remember what Troy McClure said, if a cow had a chance, it would eat you and your whole family!

Well you were talking about ethics and all that. Just remember what Troy McClure said, if a cow had a chance, it would eat you and your whole family!

Yes (and I should have clarified this more), but I'm referring to some of the unethical practices within the factory farming industry, which I personally do have some issues with.

Curious fact: Chick Fil A has overtaken KFC as the top selling chicken fastfood outlet in the US. I've eaten at CFA a few times but I just dont get their appeal. Yes, they make good chicken, but in the end its just a chicken sandwich, which is probably the most boring sandwich filling you can have. I would rather eat a sit down chicken dinner than a chicken sandwich. What say ye?

I *LOVE* Chick-Fil-A, but I don't really consider it a "chicken" fastfood outlet.

When I think Chicken Fastfood I'm thinking KFC. Bojangles. Popeyes. Churches. I'm thinking of places where Fried Chicken, not just chicken that has been fried, is sold. I'm talking about breasts, drumsticks, etc.

I put Chick-Fil-A more into the category of McDonalds, Wendys, Hardees, Burger King, Jack in the Box, etc. While it may specialize in chicken and doesn't do "burgers", it still follows the more traditional "fast food" model than it does a "Fried Chicken joint" model that KFC/Popeyes types do.

Now, I don't eat a lot of Fried Chicken, so I'm not sure where I'd really go on this as I haven't had a lot. It's been mostly KFC, Bojangles, and Popeyes. I like Bojangles for their breakfast options and their seasoned fries. I liked when KFC did more flavors of their boneless wings, as they weren't bad and were relatively cheap, making them an easy quick gameday food.

Greetings, PoS. :2wave:

Yeah, they don't have "four stomachs" for nothing, you know! :lamo

The Correct Answer to this poll is Chik-fil-A.

KFC, Zaxby's, and Popeyes destroy the chicken by over-spicing it. Popeye's and Zaxby's then add insult to injury by drying it out too much. Their restaurants are dirtier, their staff less helpful. Additionally, they try for a greater variety of sides, but the sides actually suck - the mashed potatoes are to regular instant mashed potatoes what instant mashed potatoes are to actual potatoes.

The Chik-fil-A sandwhich, however, forms the basis of the perfect meal. Simple, balanced, but juicy, delicious, and hot. The variations (the grilled, the club) expand upon, rather than overriding the quality of the original. The salads are well-made, with fresh ingredients, and are delicious. The restaurant is clean, the background music soothing, and the service is fantastic, which is why Chik-fil-A has the highest customer satisfaction ratings of any fast food restaurant.

Chik-fil-A sauce is additionally the perfect condiment for meals featuring a wide variety of meats extending well beyond the chicken milieu (though that is where it agreeably shines). It adds a sweetness and juiciness to ham, turkey, sausage, and additionally serves as a preferable salad dressing for those predisposed to enjoy the honey mustard option.

Other fast food restaurants sometimes put toys in their kids meals. Chik-fil-A puts in books. Chik-fil-A offers free deserts to families if they agree not to use any electronic devices during the meal, because Chik-fil-A values its' customers' emotional needs as well as their physical ones. Chik-fil-A can cater a party or meeting on short notice in an emergency with a delicious variety of finger food, full meals, or snacks and deserts. Or, if you are stranded in a snowstorm, Chik-fil-A will feed you for free, because Chik-fil-A is about service.

Chik-fil-A is far and away the best - if not the perfect - fast food restaurant, dealing in the most delicious chicken. To put other, sadder, dirtier, lesser fast food joints next to it is not so much an insult, as it is to unfortunately take them out of their category and attempt to place them where they do not belong.

Chik-fil-A is far and away the best - if not the perfect - fast food restaurant, dealing in the most delicious chicken. To put other, sadder, dirtier, lesser fast food joints next to it is not so much an insult, as it is to unfortunately take them out of their category and attempt to place them where they do not belong.

Guys, I've discovered who cpwill is

320x486.jpg

(as a side note; I forgot Truett Cathy died)

Last edited:
Guys, I've discovered who cpwill is

320x486.jpg

(as a side note; holy ****, I forgot Truett Cathy died)
All right. I'll bite. Who is the guy in the picture?

EDIT:I googled. It's S. Truett Cathy, the founder of Chick-fil-A. A seance to provide his comments in that post?

Last edited:
Greetings, PoS. :2wave:

Yeah, they don't have "four stomachs" for nothing, you know! :lamo

That Joel Osteen is sure a smart fellow! ;)

I *LOVE* Chick-Fil-A, but I don't really consider it a "chicken" fastfood outlet.

Did you just accuse CFA of not using chicken in their sandwiches? :2razz:

I kid, I kid. The real difference between KFC and CFA is that the latter just sticks the chicken in between two pieces of bread while the other outlets serve them separately so they really are all chicken outlets.

Says the man from the country where their greatest fast food contribution to the world is Tim Hortons. ;)

Tim Horton's is universally loved - the American troops in Afghanistan came over to the Canadian bases there just to get some Timmies. And it's probably why Burger King merged with Tim's and paid and paid significantly for the privilege. Of course, Canada's lower corporate tax rate and Burger King's ability to move its head office here and save tons in taxes was also a good incentive.

Americans, however, in a lot of States preferred second rate Dunkin' Donuts to Tim's - we in Canada simply scoff at America's lack of good taste and common sense. You guys also like Krispy Kreme's, so nuff said.

OK, we did the burgers, breakfasts and pizzas. Now it's time for the chicken! :2razz:

Curious fact: Chick Fil A has overtaken KFC as the top selling chicken fastfood outlet in the US. I've eaten at CFA a few times but I just dont get their appeal. Yes, they make good chicken, but in the end its just a chicken sandwich, which is probably the most boring sandwich filling you can have. I would rather eat a sit down chicken dinner than a chicken sandwich. What say ye?
As far as voting for best I chose Popeye's, though El Pollo Loco is a close second.

Love Popeye's spicy and KFC original. KFC is too overpriced, though, so I seldom go there.

As far as chicken sandwiches go, I like Chick-fil-A well enough, but like the OP I honestly don't get the reverence. A lot of people act like it's truly orgasmic, or something. It's good, but for a chicken sandwich I actually prefer Wendy's.

Boston Market is both overrated and overpriced.

Tried Church's once, many years ago, and have no memory of it.

I have never tried Zaxby's, Bojangle's, or Wingstop.

As far as voting for best I chose Popeye's, though El Pollo Loco is a close second.

Love Popeye's spicy and KFC original. KFC is too overpriced, though, so I seldom go there.

As far as chicken sandwiches go, I like Chick-fil-A well enough, but like the OP I honestly don't get the reverence. A lot of people act like it's truly orgasmic, or something. It's good, but for a chicken sandwich I actually prefer Wendy's.

Boston Market is both overrated and overpriced.

Tried Church's once, many years ago, and have no memory of it.

I have never tried Zaxby's, Bojangle's, or Wingstop.

Hmm...lots of people have said Popeye's. There's one near me now (it's part of a gas station, don't know if this is common) so maybe I need to check it out

Back
Top Bottom