• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Favorite Burger Chains

Your favorite burger chains

• Total voters

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
In the spirit of self help I would ask the question: which of these are your favorite burger chains?

You can vote multiple choices so let's get at it!

7MYqkHd.png

I did not see Fuddruckers, I think their burgers a very good, for a chain.

Leaving In-n-Out off the list is sacrilege.

I hear Whataburger is comparable, but I have not tried it.

Fat Burger, loved em in LA too bad we do not have them here in Texas.

On the supplied poll, the only places I've eaten are McD's, BK, Wendy's and Five Guys.

Didn't know Jack-In-The-Box still existed. been decades since I've seen one.

Five Guys would be the "best" of the ones I've had.

However, I sometimes get the biggest cravings for a Whopper, or a Quarter Pounder with Cheese.
Maybe once or twice a year I'll get one just to satisfy that craving.

On the supplied poll, the only places I've eaten are McD's, BK, Wendy's and Five Guys.

However, I sometimes get the biggest cravings for a Whopper, or a Quarter Pounder with Cheese.
I'm that way with Big Macs. 2-3 times a year I get a craving and nothing else will do. And the fake Big Macs that other places try to do aren't worthy.

A DP poll is limited to 10 choices (max) and not all burger chains are natonwide (much less worldwide). Some, such as Carl's Junior (aka Hardee's in more states), even use different brand names based on the outlet's location. I believe that White Castle may also be the same as Little Tavern or Krystal based on location.

What?s the Difference Between Hardee?s and Carl?s Jr.? | Mental Floss

Last edited:
A DP poll is limited to 10 choices (max) and not all burger chains are natonwide (much less worldwide). Some, such as Carl's Junior (aka Hardee's in more states), even use different brand names based on the outlet,s location. I believe that White Castle may also be the same as Little Tavern or Krystal based on location.

What?s the Difference Between Hardee?s and Carl?s Jr.? | Mental Floss
The two aren't exactly alike, though. Some menu items are the same, some are not. The best burger they make is their western bacon cheeseburger. It has long been a permanent staple on the Carl's Jr menu, but is only an occasional special item on the Hardee's menu.

I went with the ten biggest chains in terms of profits. There just isnt enough In n Out franchises to make the list, sorry.

The two aren't exactly alike, though. Some menu items are the same, some are not. The best burger they make is their western bacon cheeseburger. It has long been a permanent staple on the Carl's Jr menu, but is only an occasional special item on the Hardee's menu.

Having a (slight?) menu variation based on location (Carl's Junior is the western name for Hardee's) is also done by McDonald's (Portuguese sausage and rice not available everywhere) and Pizza Hut (shrimp and pineapple toppings not available everywhere).

I hear Whataburger is comparable, but I have not tried it.

I'd call it justice.... In-n-Out is mediocre burger in my opinion. Kind of smallish, sad excuse for a bun, toppings are "pedsetrian" at best. I'll take a 5 Guys over In-n-Out any day of the week.

I'd call it justice.... In-n-Out is mediocre burger in my opinion. Kind of smallish, sad excuse for a bun, toppings are "pedsetrian" at best. I'll take a 5 Guys over In-n-Out any day of the week.
Never tried 5 Guys, one is coming soon so they say, but your critique of I/O cannot be taken seriously.

In the spirit of self help I would ask the question: which of these are your favorite burger chains?

You can vote multiple choices so let's get at it!

I don't eat beef, but I do love a turkey or veggie burger, or chicken. I've always found Whataburger to offer tasty stuff. We don't have White Castle here in AZ, so there is no shortage of toilet paper.... :)

My girlfriend agrees with you but IMHO upgrading from the single 1/4 lb. pattie to a 1/3 (or 1/2) lb. "thick" pattie would make it even better. I think they allow that upgrade for any burger on the menu.

My girlfriend agrees with you but IMHO upgrading from the single 1/4 lb. pattie to a 1/3 (or 1/2) lb. "thick" pattie would make it even better. I think they allow that upgrade for any burger on the menu.
They do now, but that's a relatively recent development. Only been doing it for a year, or so.

They do now, but that's a relatively recent development. Only been doing it for a year, or so.

They just couldn't let BK be the only one to offer "have it your way". ;)

Never tried 5 Guys, one is coming soon so they say, but your critique of I/O cannot be taken seriously.

I just never got I/O. Its a good burger, but it's not great burger. It's a lot of hype, but little in the way of substance. IOW - it's the classic California burger.

Of the chains listed 5 Guys has the best burger but their fries suck. Carl's Jr. is a close second and their Super Star is probably the best chain burger overall.

People have mentioned In n Out which makes a decent burger but nothing spectacular. Someone also mentioned Fat Burger. I haven't had a Fat Burger since I left Las Vegas but they were awesome.

I saw Fudrucker's mentioned and they have a good burger but it's not exactly fast food.

Whataburger is an interesting chain. I first ran across them in Texas in the early 80's (same as Chick Fil A) and liked their burgers. Since then I have found them to be more "drunk food" than anything else and generally avoid the place.

Jack In the Box has good curly fries but their burgers leave a lump in my gut. I'll occasionally get a Sourdough Jack which isn't bad but the only reason I stop there is because it's on the way to poker if I'm running late and it's not McD's or BK. The BK franchises in town here are horrible. I don't know who runs them but service is nonexistent and cleanliness seems to be an afterthought.

I went with the ten biggest chains in terms of profits. There just isnt enough In n Out franchises to make the list, sorry.

THey have ZERO franchises,they refuse to do it, the entire chain is owned by one family.

McDonalds: Massive managment and operations problems, They need to strip the menu and go back to the basics. Run well they would be my place.

Burger King: Doing interesting things, love the flame broil, but they mostly lost me years ago for selling cheese on my Whopper at such a huge price

Wendy's: Never liked them

Carl's Jr: Really good

Sonic: Really good, and well managed.

Jack in the Box: Like them, but the store near me is wreck. Great late night stoner food

Whataburger: Only had them once, loved it.

Five Guys: The burger is good. It is also an $8 fast food burger with horrible fries and water is $2.

Steak 'n Shake: Never been

White Castle: fond memories, but have not been in 30 years.

Last edited:
McDonald's and Burger King....?

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! :)

gross

THey have ZERO franchises,they refuse to do it, the entire chain is owned by one family.

Ah, that explains why they havent expanded as much as the others then. Thanks I didnt know.

I like Wendys but in SW Ohio we have Frisch's Big Boy and my favorite-"Culvers"

Back
Top Bottom