• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Favorite Burger Chains

Your favorite burger chains

• Total voters
Here is serious question? Do you like a particular cut of beef for your burger. I have been in long arguments over whether chuck, sirloin, round, or just plain ground beef makes the best burger. I like grilled over real wood but will not turn down a burger cooked on a gas grill. I think the biggest mistake most people make is over cooking the burger to the point where it is dry. If I am cooking a thick burger I break out the thermometer. Just done is perfect for me.

I prefer chuck or sirloin at about 80% lean for the grill. You need the fat and little flare up to get that burger just right. Oh and two 1/4lb patties is not the same as a 1/2lb patty. Both can be good.

I like a lot of burger places especially when I was in Texas. The national chains just don't do it for me. They are either over priced of not worth eating.

Here is serious question? Do you like a particular cut of beef for your burger. I have been in long arguments over whether chuck, sirloin, round, or just plain ground beef makes the best burger. I like grilled over real wood but will not turn down a burger cooked on a gas grill. I think the biggest mistake most people make is over cooking the burger to the point where it is dry. If I am cooking a thick burger I break out the thermometer. Just done is perfect for me.

I prefer chuck or sirloin at about 80% lean for the grill. You need the fat and little flare up to get that burger just right. Oh and two 1/4lb patties is not the same as a 1/2lb patty. Both can be good.

I like a lot of burger places especially when I was in Texas. The national chains just don't do it for me. They are either over priced of not worth eating.

80/20 ground chuck seems to be the preference for most burger places. I myself light one just a little more lean like 85/15. there are ways, even on the grill to keep the moisture in.

Never been to Whataburger. Heard its good. I saw a billboard for Smashbros burgers, haven't tried that yet. Five guys pretty good but I don't like their buns and their French fry portions are ridiculous. it its like a 'small' which is really a very large. and a large which is like a sack of fries. I asked a manager why don't you have a single person portion I don't want to pay like 3 bucks for fries and throw half of them away. he gave some excuse about well we make them for two people. meh..

80/20 ground chuck seems to be the preference for most burger places. I myself light one just a little more lean like 85/15. there are ways, even on the grill to keep the moisture in.

Never been to Whataburger. Heard its good. I saw a billboard for Smashbros burgers, haven't tried that yet. Five guys pretty good but I don't like their buns and their French fry portions are ridiculous. it its like a 'small' which is really a very large. and a large which is like a sack of fries. I asked a manager why don't you have a single person portion I don't want to pay like 3 bucks for fries and throw half of them away. he gave some excuse about well we make them for two people. meh..
The biggest mistake people make for burgers (and meat loaf) is using meat that is too lean. Don't use 93/7 because it's "healthier".

Code:
The biggest mistake people make for burgers (and meat loaf) is using meat that is too lean. Don't use 93/7 because it's "healthier".

On a related side note regarding the lean rating of ground beef...

I had always assumed that the leanness just depended partially on where on the cow the meat came from and also they somehow removed some of the fat when grinding it.
Oh how wrong I was. ground chuck is ground chuck. all from same spot.
So what they do is they remove almost all the fat initially up to the point of the leanest beef whatever that is 93-95. then they take out what they want to sell at that leanness and then they add fat to the bulk of what remains. when they are at say 90 they take some out to sell. then add more fat and take some out of whatever 85.. then add more fat back in again for the 80/20.

So you would think that it costs the meat company most money to make the beef with most fat in it since they keep adding fat back in after removing it. however the fattiest beef is the cheapest.. I guess simply because they are selling the fat.

Code:

On a related side note regarding the lean rating of ground beef...

I had always assumed that the leanness just depended partially on where on the cow the meat came from and also they somehow removed some of the fat when grinding it.
Oh how wrong I was. ground chuck is ground chuck. all from same spot.
So what they do is they remove almost all the fat initially up to the point of the leanest beef whatever that is 93-95. then they take out what they want to sell at that leanness and then they add fat to the bulk of what remains. when they are at say 90 they take some out to sell. then add more fat and take some out of whatever 85.. then add more fat back in again for the 80/20.

So you would think that it costs the meat company most money to make the beef with most fat in it since they keep adding fat back in after removing it. however the fattiest beef is the cheapest.. I guess simply because they are selling the fat.
I did not know that, but it doesn't surprise me a bit.

Fat is flavor. And in the end you do need fat in your diet- totally eliminating fat is unhealthy.

Fat is flavor. And in the end you do need fat in your diet- totally eliminating fat is unhealthy.

I had a burger Downtown Oly not only low fat but the chef told me that he does not put any salt or pepper on the patty either because he wants me to "taste the meat".

Had a paper thin slice of mild cheddar on it, was supposed to be a cheeseburger.

The place serves those Greener Fruit Loops(Evergreen college)

What a waste of time.

Last edited:
In the spirit of self help I would ask the question: which of these are your favorite burger chains?

You can vote multiple choices so let's get at it!

7MYqkHd.png
You left out Hardee's.

You left out Hardee's.

They were acquired by Carl's Jr. and their menu is pretty similar so I counted them as the same thing.

They were acquired by Carl's Jr. and their menu is pretty similar so I counted them as the same thing.

co-marketed here with jack in the box
exhibits the same 'quality'

co-marketed here with jack in the box
exhibits the same 'quality'
I tried the Carl's Jr here when they opened, and was not impressed,
it kind of reminded me of Jack in the box stuff, (texture and flavor)

I don't eat at any of them. But if we had In and Out here, I would eat there. #1 in the country without a doubt.

Back
Top Bottom