• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Favorite Brew

What do you prefer in beer?

• American

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • German

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Canadian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mexican

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Carribean

• Other European

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Micro

• Asian

• other

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • free

• Total voters

LaMidRighter

Klattu Verata Nicto
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Hey all, I just wanted to see what kind of beers you all like, I am a "switch drinker" myself and can't really say what's my favorite, but love talking about drinking.

I am a Sam Adams guy myself, but I won't say no to a corona.

my favorite brew is Apple Juice, I don't know where that fits under.

Kustritzer - German
Oberdorfer (Ale) - German
Youngs Oatmeal Stout - English

mm mm good. Dark beer person myself.

cant beat NorCal micro's. my top three...

Bear Republic- Racer 5 IPA
Lagunitas- Czech Style Pilsner
Sierra Nevada- Bigfoot Ale

besides that im a Red Stripe fan.

I like Miller High Life, all the Chimays, all of the Sammy's, IPAs in general, most hefes...
Well, I suppose, I'm just not that picky.

With food, I generally will pick an Indian Pale Ale. By itself, I'll generally pick MHL.
Given a choice I'll drink from a local brewery.

Regardless, 'free' will always be my second favorite kind of beer.

Last edited:
Beer is nasty...all of it. And Corona...?...it's the worst. It takes a lime to cover the taste. Even Mexicans won't drink it.

I'll stick with Jim Beam on the rocks.

galenrox said:
Never been a Jim Bean fan, it tasted a little to sugary.

When it comes to whiskey, it's Jack Daniels.

Sugary? You sure you weren't drinking Southern Comfort or Yukon Jack? Another thing...it's BEAM not bean. Jack is OK; I just prefer the smoothness of Beam's bourbon whiskey.

galenrox said:
I can't drink Southern Comfort anymore, and I've never heard of Yukon Jack, but SC is really just bottled sugar.
I like the bite of Jack. I wasn't sure if anyone else tasted the sugariness of BeaM, but I certainly have.

LOL...yeah, I can't drink Southern Comfort anymore either. Captain Morgan's & Boone's Farm too.

laeger rum (sp?) and power...now that is a good drink

galenrox said:
I dunno, you mix the cap'n with Mountain Dew, and it tastes like Orange Cream Soda. It's called the Farley, and it's delicious, if you're looking to get absolutely shitfaced!

Well, I don't really care for Dew either. Actually I haven't been drunk in years. Heck, I generally don't drink much anymore. It's probably been a couple years. Even when playing in a band I usually drank Pepsi or a pitcher of water with lemon in it.

I chose "other." My first thought at "what do you like in a beer?" was "a naked man!" :3oops: :twisted:
But actually, I rarely drink beer. I think it goes great with Mexican food.

:newhere:

I don't really drink beer too much either but when I do I drink Mich Ultra. It doesn't have that horrible after taste.

For those on the carb diet (I am not), is it worth it to get those less carbs our of a beer?

It's still close to daily intake isn't it?

The carb average in a beer is 12. So, it would all depend on what diet you are on and at what stage. But Atkins, in the very beginning, 2 beers would be your daily intake carb-wise.

If my memory serves me right, I thought Evans was a little smoother.

Bavarian would be my fav beer. :2razz:

My favourite beers have to be Newcastle brown ale or Guiness.My favorite whisky is Glenmorangie single malt(I think i've spelt it right).
Your American beer is too wishy washy for my Brit palate,but I do love Makers Mark bourbon,and Wild Turkey and I'm quite partial to the odd JD aswell.

Last edited:
I've never seen Evan Williams over here (the drink that is not the guy,I dare say there are loads with that name in Wales).
I'll keep a look out for it,you can't go wrong if it's half the price of JD and just as nice. :party

You poor souls having to wait till your 21 so you can drink legally.Come over here you only have to be 18.

"Phew"with all this talk of booze I can feel a thirst coming on!

Last edited:
I like Evan Williams, but my fav is J & B. Scotch Whiskey "By appointment to her Royal Majesty, the Queen" LOL! I just like saying that.

Beers...I'm not too adventurous...there's always Bud Light in the house, but I also like Killians, Guinness, Amstel Light...blah blah.

Face it...after the first two beers...does taste really matter?

Hoot said:
I like Evan Williams, but my fav is J & B. Scotch Whiskey "By appointment to her Royal Majesty, the Queen" LOL! I just like saying that.

Beers...I'm not too adventurous...there's always Bud Light in the house, but I also like Killians, Guinness, Amstel Light...blah blah.

Face it...after the first two beers...does taste really matter?

I love a couple of pints of Guiness,but it's a bit heavy for an all nighter.

In the interest of fairness, I made heady claims about JD and Evan being close, Evan being half he price. Due to tonights empirical human testing data, aaaa..... what the f...I was right....buy Evan, da same. (just like, da bulls). Oh yea, got one on, now I'm off, check time/date stamp, been a while since I did this to the site. Where's Billo?.......Oh, galenrox, you need help, trust me, I know.................now where did I leave that TT list?........and my pants..........follow me..to banishment........Where's Billo?......next stop, TT............all aboard...tonights ride will be free (just like the female Iraqi's and fun)......money back ect......sip.......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom