• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Favorite Brew

What do you prefer in beer?

• American

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • German

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Canadian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mexican

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Carribean

• Other European

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Micro

• Asian

• other

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • free

• Total voters
Androvski said:
I love a couple of pints of Guiness,but it's a bit heavy for an all nighter.
I've always found Guiness to have a watery mouth-feel. Very little body actually.

Simon W. Moon said:
I've always found Guiness to have a watery mouth-feel. Very little body actually.

Perhaps you haven't had decent Guiness?

Naughty Nurse said:
Perhaps.
I've had them in all of the regular forms, on tap, bottled, special draught cans.

FiremanRyan said:
cant beat NorCal micro's. my top three...

Bear Republic- Racer 5 IPA
Lagunitas- Czech Style Pilsner
Sierra Nevada- Bigfoot Ale

besides that im a Red Stripe fan.
Most Oregon Micros are better than those man. I make my own though.

Naughty Nurse said:

Good ole Youngs Oatmeal Stout spanks Guiness anyday of the week.

Oh yeah, it's English too.

vauge said:
Good ole Youngs Oatmeal Stout spanks Guiness anyday of the week.

Oh yeah, it's English too.

That's another drink I'll have to keep a look out for.
I used to prefer Beamish stout to Guiness,but you can't get it these days.

Welp, just talking about it got my mouth to waterin'. So, I went to grab a 4 pack.

Toast to you and Naughty.

:drink Ah.....

This sums it up nicely.

The Beer Belly
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular] One of the remarkable things about Youngs Oatmeal Stout is that people who claim not to like stout often do like Youngs. Although it has a roast barley element to it, it doesn't taste overwhelmingly roasted. It's also not strongly bitter, nor does it have the sharp edge of some of the finer Irish dry stouts (like Guinness). It's less cloying and more balanced than typical sweet English stouts (like Mackeson), and it's lower in density than most American craft-brewed stouts. In short, the beer is very un-stout-like -- at least when stacked up next to its cousins. Sure, Youngs is still a stout, but it is a kinder, gentler stout.

In my opinion, Youngs Oatmeal Stout is the finest example of the style you can buy. It not only exemplifies every quality that I think a good beer critic expects to find in a beer of this style, it actually defines the style. Few beers are perfect benchmarks, but this is one of the few.
[/font]

Androvski said:
That's another drink I'll have to keep a look out for.
I used to prefer Beamish stout to Guiness,but you can't get it these days.
You may like Sammy Smith's as well. He's got some great ones.

Burnasty said:
Most Oregon Micros are better than those man. I make my own though.
Well, generally local fresh brews are best. No gettin around that.

LOL Galen, one can tell you're an Illinois White trash, you actually drink Cold Smile! YUCK!

The slime of beers. Well that and anything miller. gag.

I'm older, been around a few blocks several times and have settled into enjoying the inventive brews my brother makes. I'm kinda partial to his amber lager, but am curiously awaiting his new batch of honey weiss.
I've never been a huge fan of wiess beers, but being as it's one of my brothers, I'll give it a go.

I used to get snotfaced by way of IRA's/Pipebombs (Guinness with a depthcharge of Jamesons) but now I save the Jamesons for cold/wet Faire mornings.
Although I'll never turn down a good Glen Livet or Craggenmore.

But it's sad that here in the States we can't get a decent cider anywhere.
All we have is Woodchucks, Cider Jacks, and the worst of the bunch Hardcore. Sadly most Americans don't know the difference between Cider and Perry. Woodchucks calls both their brews cider, even though one is actually a perry.
Oh well.
So much for American palates. We've all become Disney-fied! AAAAACCCCKKK!

My favotite brew is by Yuengling...It's what I call the "Tiger Woods"

Because it's black AND tan.....

cnredd said:
My favotite brew is by Yuengling...It's what I call the "Tiger Woods"

Because it's black AND tan.....

Hmmm...

Now I know who I'm never going drinking with...racial profiling on a brew? Give me a break.

JustineCredible said:
Hmmm...

Now I know who I'm never going drinking with...racial profiling on a brew? Give me a break.

The funny thing is that Tiger probably would laugh at that, while you're behind him "tut-tutting" and making yourself feel oh-so-righteous...

teacher said:
Hey Burnasty, do you have any idea how long Ted Nugent has been THE Gonzo man? Do any of you people know anything?
When i put gonzo on my sign i was referring to the style of journalism hunter s. thompson created. I think ted nugent is a tool, i wouldn't support that jacka**.

Take some Canadian beer, American beer, Irish, German and Mexican. Pour all the beer out. Fill every bottle with Russian vodka.

Sounds much better to me. :mrgreen:

teacher said:
Hey Burnasty, do you have any idea how long Ted Nugent has been THE Gonzo man? Do any of you people know anything?

I know Ten Nugent was born and raised just two towns north of me and that my son's best friend is Ted's second cousin!

SO THERE PPPPPHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTT! :nahnah: :rock

Back
Top Bottom