• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Favorite Breakfast Chain Restaurants

Which is your go-to breakfast chain?

• Total voters

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
OK, now that we got the pizza and burger joints out of the way, it's time to poll your fav breakfast place.

Which do you go to and what do you order? :chew:

hDEXydJ.jpg

I've only ever eaten at a Denny's, Ihop and Waffle House. Of those 3 the Waffle House won, it was quite the experience.

OK, now that we got the pizza and burger joints out of the way, it's time to poll your fav breakfast place.

hDEXydJ.jpg

I may not have the most popular opinion here, hear me out. I really enjoy eating breakfast at either small chain restaurants, or at local single location restaurants. So my boat is not my favorite breakfast, but I voted for Denny's.

The reason is one out of all your selections on the pole I've only eaten at Denny's and IHOP, and I consider them to be equal. However as a commercial driver I have the Denny's commercial driver discount card which gets me discounts on Denny's meals. And having been around the country, I can appreciate having consistent quality and going into a restaurant in knowing when you order what you're going to get.

Not on the list: Original House of Pancakes.

I don't know if it's a national chain, but I know it's a chain in Illinois. If I have to choose from the list though, I'll go with Denny's but only from 12AM to 4AM in the morning with friends. Late nights and good company are the only thing that makes Denny's food good.

Is it OK if I say McDonald's? I'm addicted to McGriddles lol

LOL no, this isnt a fast food poll, this is a sophisticated, served by a waitress/waiter poll!

Not on the list: Original House of Pancakes.

I don't know if it's a national chain, but I know it's a chain in Illinois. If I have to choose from the list though, I'll go with Denny's but only from 12AM to 4AM in the morning with friends. Late nights and good company are the only thing that makes Denny's food good.
Crap, I knew I forgot a chain! :doh

LOL no, this isnt a fast food poll, this is a sophisticated, served by a waitress/waiter poll!

My local McDonald's walks your food to your table if they're late in making it, does that count ?

Crap, I knew I forgot a chain! :doh

My broke ass can only afford McDonald's haha. But IHOP gets my vote.

Since the closest waffle house is over 100 miles away. I'm going with Dennys for a chain restaurant. I like their bargain 2, 4, 6, 8 menu - we usually take a coupon and the whole family, 3 of us, eats for about $10. Love it!

My local McDonald's walks your food to your table if they're late in making it, does that count ?
I feel like that would only happen in Washington. Nobody's doing that in Chicago, LOL.

I haven't tried Huddle House or Bob Evans but of the ones on the list I'd go with Cracker Barrel. Their food is decent and I love the country store.

Unless I'm on the road I eat at mom and pop places, not chains. When visiting upstate NY I hit diners. When in the NW I hit anywhere with pickups in the parking lot.

We've got a nice one here in Beaverton - Tom's Pancake House. Food is good, prices are good, service is great.

Of those listed, Waffle House.

But the breakfast place I love most is not a chain. It's called Farmer's Table, it's in Fort Collins. They have a breakfast item called Farmer's Benedict. it's two eggs over biscuits and smothered in sausage gravy with a healthy side of hashbrowns and bacon/sausage. Yum yum.

My favorite breakfast chain is US Egg.

I get the big daddy burger "1 lb. of stacked Black Angus beef, topped with cheese & bacon "

Waffle House. Best coffee, grits, and waffles. Anyone can do eggs and some form of meat, and Waffle House is no different and theirs are great. Their waffles melt in your mouth and leave you wanting more. Did I mention their waffles? And, grits?

I have not gone out to breakfast in at least 5 years, it is not worth it to me to spend a lot of money on pretty substandard food that I can rather quickly make myself. They mostly dont exist anymore but my favorite places when I did go out were the hometown pancake houses, which is a family tradition. When family visits we sometimes end up at IHOP. We did two mornings at Mimi's at Disneyland 7 years ago, I was impressed.

we have a small mom and pop place we found that my wife loves....

she only orders the eggs benedict...and absolutely swears by their hollandaise sauce

me....i am a ham and eggs guy....pretty simple, and you really cant screw it up

hDEXydJ.jpg

I vote "Other". But I'm not sure, which of two I would choose. Richoux (Knightsbridge) is not really a chain and only five outlets to my knowledge. I know only two of them. Exquisite is all I can say. The other is Confisserie Valerie. The best jam dognuts I've had since I was a child and the one at Piccadily is wonderfully stuffed with students, tourists and politicians.

we have a small mom and pop place we found that my wife loves....

she only orders the eggs benedict...and absolutely swears by their hollandaise sauce

me....i am a ham and eggs guy....pretty simple, and you really cant screw it up

Wanna bet?

The one thing I don't miss about America is breakfast.

1. You overcook your streaky bacon.
2. Pour Maple syrup over everything.
3. You have Pancakes with your savory option, essentially having a desert.
4. Your sausages are a disgrace.
5. No beans.

For shame.

I haven't tried Huddle House or Bob Evans but of the ones on the list I'd go with Cracker Barrel. Their food is decent and I love the country store.

Unless I'm on the road I eat at mom and pop places, not chains. When visiting upstate NY I hit diners. When in the NW I hit anywhere with pickups in the parking lot.

Roscoe?

The one thing I don't miss about America is breakfast.

1. You overcook your streaky bacon. Yep
2. Pour Maple syrup over everything. Rarely...usually it is artificial maple flavored goo.
3. You have Pancakes with your savory option, essentially having a desert. Three 4 inch pancakes on the side has been standard for 50 years, but it has declined both because of the carb thing and because they so often suck
4. Your sausages are a disgrace. Yep
5. No beans. Of course not, beans have rarely been part of the American breakfast, we dont even usually put them in breakfast burritos, which is weird.

For shame.

My favorite breakfast chain is US Egg.

I get the big daddy burger "1 lb. of stacked Black Angus beef, topped with cheese & bacon "

US Egg is good. When I lived in the Phoenix area they were a definite "go to" but they don't have a location in Tucson and I'm not into driving 150mi each way for breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom