• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Favorite Animes

we have reached new levels of depravity

love anime.

re-watching The Irregular at Magic School ( Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (The Irregular at Magic High School) - MyAnimeList.net ) right now, and watched The Saga of Tanya the Evil ( Youjo Senki (The Saga of Tanya the Evil) - MyAnimeList.net ) earlier this week, because the characters from that are in Isekai Quartet ( Isekai Quartet - MyAnimeList.net ), and I've watched all the others from that (Konosuba, Overlord, and Re:Zero).

in terms of like, all-time favorites, in no particular order:

Outlaw Star
Rurouni Kenshin
Yuu Yuu Hakusho
Black Lagoon
Kill la Kill

I have not done this for awhile, but here are my summer 2019 impressions:

Magical Sempai: Dude looking for a club to join at school stumbles into the Magic Club, which has one member, a girl who is enthusiastic but oh so bad at magic(performance magic, not spells and ****). He somehow ends up coming back, maybe because the girl is cute and prone to screwing up in ways giving him views up her skirt, or spills water on her white blouse. Nothing great, but each 12 minute episode contains 3 or more stories, with just enough humor to keep me coming back.

Are you lost?: Another short, this time about a group of girls stranded on a desert island. One just happens to be an expert on survival situations. Mild humor and mild fanservice. Not sure how much longer I will keep watching it.

Astra Lost in Space: Alot to like here, unfortunately mired in a whole lot of meh. A bunch of kids on their way to space camp or transported by a mysterious glowing sphere out into space(they fortunately have their space suits on) near an abandoned space ship. They try and make it back to civilization. One of the kids might be trying to kill them. I made it 3 episodes, and it is still in my queue, but not sure I will watch any more.

How Heavy Are The Dumbbells You Lift?: This should be terrible, but somehow isn't. A fanservicy(for men and women) anime about lifting weights(which I am totally uninterested in) should not work, but it does. The humor is great, the art and animation good. Not something I will remember much after the season, but I am enjoying it.

If It's For My Daughter I'd Even Defeat A Demon Lord: Holy cuteness overload! Adventurer out on a mission in a forest discovers a demon child, who explains her guardian was convicted of a crime and thrown out into the forest to die, so he adopts her. She is adorable and wins over everyone she meets. So far, a lot of cute, adorable fun.

Dr. Stone: Not sure what brings me back to this show every week, but something does. Old school character designs, weird plot(one day everyone in the world becomes petrified. After a few thousand years, 2 boys escape petrification and set about to save the rest of mankind, using the power of science.

Continued in part 2 as I hit character limit.

Part 2

Fire Force: Holy hell this is good. From the guy who did the Soul Eater manga, it is a story of a world where people are spontaneously combusting, which results in their souls being trapped. The fire force are half demonslayers, half priests, who stop these burning souls from doing more damage and help them pass on to the afterlife. Animation is awesome, great look, well done story. Unfortunately, after the Kyoto Animation fire, the makers of the show put it on hold so now idea when it will start back up.

Granbelm: Magical Madoka with mecha. I can't get into it.

Hensuki: Dude gets a loveletter with a pair of panties. Searches for the girl those panties belong to. Discovers the girls he knows are all raving perverts. One wants to be his slave/pet. One wants to be his master. And so on. Meh.

Arifueta: Oh look, a kid gets transported to a magical realm, how unusual...Well, in this case his whole class at school is transported, and one of his classmates double crosses him and knocks him to the bottom of a dungeon. From there he loses an arm, learns that by eating monsters he gains their powers, and becomes overpowered quickly. Not very good.

Cop Craft: Oh how I wish the animation studio had the budget and talent the plot deserves. Hard boiled cop show, in an alternate Earth where recently they connected to a magical land or somesuch. The hero was in the war fought between Earth and the magical land. Now he is a cop, and after his partner is killed by drugged up peddlers of fairy dust(made from real fairies), he is saddled with a partner from the magical land, a cute girl who is a badass knight. The plot is great, the dialog great, the animation is terrible. Still worth watching, but could be oh so much better.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II It is Danmache season 2, if you liked season 1(and if you didn't you are a godless commie) you will like season 2.

Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?: Hot MILF action, the anime. Teen boy gets transported into a game world. Unfortunately for him, so does his clingy, kinda embarrassing mom. He proudly claims his magical sword powered by the gods or somesuch, only to see his mom claim 2, and she can do much more with them. He selects the hottest girls to party up with him, only to have his mom veto his choices. And so on. The running joke is how embarrassing moms can be to teens, and it works. Loving the show. In one scene, the boy, his mom and his friends are adventuring, fighting slime. The slime shoot out gunk that dissolves clothes. His mom, to him and his friends: "Mom is wearing a thong today.". Not something you want your mom to say in front of your friends(or at all). Kinda fanservicey, but at least most of the fanservice is of an adult.

Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?: Hot MILF action, the anime. Teen boy gets transported into a game world. Unfortunately for him, so does his clingy, kinda embarrassing mom. He proudly claims his magical sword powered by the gods or somesuch, only to see his mom claim 2, and she can do much more with them. He selects the hottest girls to party up with him, only to have his mom veto his choices. And so on. The running joke is how embarrassing moms can be to teens, and it works. Loving the show. In one scene, the boy, his mom and his friends are adventuring, fighting slime. The slime shoot out gunk that dissolves clothes. His mom, to him and his friends: "Mom is wearing a thong today.". Not something you want your mom to say in front of your friends(or at all). Kinda fanservicey, but at least most of the fanservice is of an adult.

Been super excited for this one since I heard about it. Easily one of my favorite titles for one of these. Pretty dumb so far, but also funny and the fan service isn't bad.

I'll be watching Danmachi s2 once it finishes, not gonna keep up weekly. First season was really good, so looking forward to that. Haven't really paid any attention to the other shows for this season. Still need to finish Demon Slayer from last season (i think it has a few weeks to air still)

Finished Made in Abyss Season 1 about a month ago. Did not disappoint.

Finished Made in Abyss Season 1 about a month ago. Did not disappoint.

Can't see the video at work, but that show was pretty good. The end really ****ed me up, though, and I don't know if I have the heart to watch s2 when that comes out.

An older one, but still my favorite.

Can't see the video at work, but that show was pretty good. The end really ****ed me up, though, and I don't know if I have the heart to watch s2 when that comes out.

The whole broken arm scene is what ****ed me up. :shock:

For anyone living in the New York area, Anime New York has announced Rie Kugimiya as a guest, her first US appearance. **** New York, she should have come to Atlanta.

Last edited:
It is that time again, here are my highly biased initial impressions from the fall season:

Leftovers from summer:

Dr. Stone: I was kinda luke warm on it early in last season, but holy hell this show is great.

Fire Force: conversly, I was really high on this show when I did the last of these, and now I am kinda lukewarm on it. It is worth watching, and the animation is great during fight scenes, but the plot and pacing is not so great.

New for Fall:

Kemono Michi: Rise Up: masked professional wrestler who loves animals is transported to a magical realm in the middle of one of his matches. The beautiful princess tells him they need him to kill the magical beasts threatening the realm. He german suplexes her for suggesting he kill animals. He sets up a pet shop instead. Decent, amusing show with at least a couple belly laughs each episode.

Cautious Hero: The Hero is overpowered but overly cautious: The goddess calls out a massively powerful guy from Japan to save a fantasy world. He is too cautious. Kinda amusing, kinda meh. Giving it another episode or 2, but unless it improves alot, it will get dropped.

ORESUKI: Are you the only one who loves me?: Are you familiar with the H manga Metamorphosis(Emergence)(note: if you are not, do yourself a favor and do NOT read it unless you want to be seriously depressed)? The female lead looks just like the opening picture of the girl from that manga. That scares me. Alot. Show has a ton of promise with the way it is twisting harem comedy and dating sim tropes, but it could go really dark, and I am worried it might. Funny so far though.

Ascendance of a Bookworm: girl who loves books is reborn into a fantasy world with a lack of books. Supposedly the books are quite good(supposedly), but the anime is kinda meh so far.

After School Dice Club: cute girls engaging in their hobby. Have not seen that before. This time the hobby is board games, and the games are real ones, and do look kinda cool.

Azur Lane: Based on the mobile game, which was a ripoff of Kantai Collection. KanColle was much better.

Welcome to Demon School Iruma-kun: mix the premise of Rosario + Vampire, with the premise of Hayate the Combat Butler, take out the fanservice, and you get this show. Boys parents who are poor(meaning he has had to work since very young and developed great skills) sell his soul to a demon. So the demon adopts him and sends him to school. If anyone at the demon school finds out he is human, he will be killed. He of course succeeds bigtime. Good for a laugh.

Africa Salaryman: some people really like this show. For me, the jokes all fell kinda flat. Imagine animals as salarymen.

Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma The Fourth Plate: Season 3 ended midstory. Season 4 picks up right where it left off. No surprises here, but still a really good, fun show.

My Hero Academia Season 4: It is My Hero Academia. You know it is going to be good, and it has not disappointed. Since I read the manga, and the English releases are past where the anime is now, I know this season has at least one really good storyline coming up. I mean, really, really good.

The best part is the way they blur the pages, even though there is nothing that could not be shown on TV...

The best part is the way they blur the pages, even though there is nothing that could not be shown on TV...

wonder if they care that much about what happens in books as long as their are no pictures

New season starts strong with Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! Seriously, check it out, it is great.

First episode of the new season of Railgun is up! It is every bit as good as you would expect.

this looks like it might be an interesting show

Somali and the Forest Spirit Episode 1, Journeying Parent and Child, - Watch on Crunchyroll

forest protecting golem reminds me just a little bit of data form star trek personality wise finds a little human girl who is near painfully cheerful and inquisitive and protects him as he sets out to find some more humans in world dominated by civilized monsters who wiped out most of humanity ( they claim the humans started it ) and hunted down and enslaved/ate the survivors they could find

hope we get more back story on humanity though don't quite trust the source of exposition we get on them and it would be a little disappointing if all we are going to get is humans were bad because they did not like different looking people.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
this looks like it might be an interesting show

Somali and the Forest Spirit Episode 1, Journeying Parent and Child, - Watch on Crunchyroll

forest protecting golem reminds me just a little bit of data form star trek personality wise finds a little human girl who is near painfully cheerful and inquisitive and protects him as he sets out to find some more humans in world dominated by civilized monsters who wiped out most of humanity ( they claim the humans started it ) and hunted down and enslaved/ate the survivors they could find

hope we get more back story on humanity though don't quite trust the source of exposition we get on them and it would be a little disappointing if all we are going to get is humans were bad because they did not like different looking people.

The first episode was decent, but with gorgeous painted backgrounds that made it a delight to look at.

Are there any new robot or space opera animes that came out lately?

Back
Top Bottom