• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Favorite Animes

It's that time again, Summer 2020 preview thingy:

Super HxEros: That is "H" as in hentai and echi, and eros. Fan service anime that has a stupid plot, and so much censoring on the broadcast version that sometimes you can't figure out what is going on onscreen since it is all blocked out, and terrible animation.

Fire Force season 2: The first episode of the season may be the best episode of the show so far. If you enjoyed the first season, you should like the second.

Monster Girl Doctor: What do you get if you take Monster Musume, but with much less fanservice and less interesting characters and worse aesthetics? Something I am not planning to watch any more. Not terrible, but not good.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy: Overpowered reincarnation of the demon king kicks ass and gathers a harem. Not good at all.

Re: Zero season 2: Now this is more like it. Right off we get two more Archbishops of sin, one of whom(Gluttony) can eat a persons memories, causing them to forget everything about themselves, or eat they names, causing the rest of the world to forget them. He eats Krush's memories and Rems name. Subaru has a ton morehell to go through. Very strong first episode.

Deca-Dence: holy hell this show is looking to be great! All of humanity is living in this giant mobile city, desperately fighting for survival against these monster thingies. Girl wants to fight them, but instead is assigned to clean the walls of the city. She still ends up in a fight with them. The show looks great, has some good humor, fight scene is awesome, with great, fluid animation. Check this one out, you will be glad you did.

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!: I enjoyed this. Loner college kid is tormented and harassed by a girl with a very large chest(she wears a t-shirt with "Sugoi Dekai" printed across the chest. Sugou means awesome, dekai means huge...). Nothing great but some of the jokes actually worked, and having read the manga, I know they move on from the annoying part.

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Climax: If you have not watched the first two seasons, you will need to do that. Well worth it to do so, and the third season starts strong.

Rent-A-Girlfriend: I was surprised. Not much fanservice in this, and the plot, while nothing great, was not bad. Boy has girlfriend leave him. He calls a rent-a-girlfriend place. Has a decent time with her, then gets kinda bitter, then she meets his family, and he meets her family(all by accident, both their grandmothers are in the hospital), and then he discovers she goes to same college as him(man I love that so many of the shows this season feature adult casts). Can kinda see where it is probably going, but I am interested in seeing how it gets there.

Kyoto Animation Produces Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid Anime Season 2 for 2021 Debut - News - Anime News Network

The official website for the television anime of Coolkyoushinja's Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid manga confirmed on Tuesday that the second season will premiere on 2021 with Kyoto Animation returning on production. The season is titled Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S, with "S" standing for "Super Supreme Second life Starts."

Kyoto Animation is back after the arson attack last year!

Wandering Witch looks like it could be show of the season, really good first episode.

Wandering Witch looks like it could be show of the season, really good first episode.

My daughter is watching one that is literally about playing volleyball. It's not bad, tbh. They also introduced me to Demon Hunter, which I like.

It is that time again. I was going to stop doing this, but I got bored and badly needing to avoid politics for a few days. SO, without further ado, the preview of the fall 2020 season:

Wandering Witch - The Journey of Elaina: This is good, really good. First couple episodes where cute and sweet, next two have been oh so dark. It is basically a travelogue of a young witch and what she sees, kinda like Kino's Journey.

TONIKAWA: Over The Moon For You: Takes the Japanese folk tale of Princess Kaguya and mixes it with silly romcom stuff. From the guy who did Hayate the Combat Butler. I like it so far.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? III: Starts out just as good as the last two seasons, and the content that should be covered is really strong. Highly recommend.

Iwa-Kakeru! -Sport Climbing Girls-: Ah, cleavage from above, camel toe from below, all the camera angles are included, if by all you mean those 2. Also, the climb fake rock walls.

Talentless Nana: Best first episode of the season. But once the surprise is revealed at the end of the episode, the fun is gone. Story is that a bunch of kids with superpowers are sent to an island to train to fight off super alien monsters. However, things are not as they seem.

Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle: This might be the best show of the season. Ultra cute princess of about 8ish maybe is kidnapped by a demon king to punish a kingdom. All the princess wants is some good sleep, but she is given rough sheets, a lumpy pillow, bugs, bad lighting, nothing conducive to sleep. She sets out to fix these problems, terrorizing the demons in the process.

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear: I like it. Girl playing a VR MMORPG ends up in the game, gets a cutesy bear suit that makes her incredibly overpowered. Funny and fun and cute.

Strike Witches: Road to Berlin: The 501st is back!

The Day I Became a God: this is the show I most looked forward to this season. It is made by pretty much the complete team that made Angel Beats. It has to be good, right? Well, 3 episodes in and I would rather shoot myself in the face than watch more of this. Loud, shrieking, obnoxious characters make the mysteries of what is going on not worth finding out.

Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle: This might be the best show of the season. Ultra cute princess of about 8ish maybe is kidnapped by a demon king to punish a kingdom. All the princess wants is some good sleep, but she is given rough sheets, a lumpy pillow, bugs, bad lighting, nothing conducive to sleep. She sets out to fix these problems, terrorizing the demons in the process.

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear: I like it. Girl playing a VR MMORPG ends up in the game, gets a cutesy bear suit that makes her incredibly overpowered. Funny and fun and cute.

These sounds silly in the way that I like silly. I'll have to try and remember to check it out when I get less busy.

I'm a new convert to the humor-romance manga NISEKOI, which I consider one of the best in both genres. I've just started watching the anime, which seems pretty good but probably isn't as nuanced as the books.

I'm a new convert to the humor-romance manga NISEKOI, which I consider one of the best in both genres. I've just started watching the anime, which seems pretty good but probably isn't as nuanced as the books.
Have you read Love Hina, which it is somewhat based upon?

Have you read Love Hina, which it is somewhat based upon?

Yes, there are some strong likenesses, though I found it interesting that HINA is unlike a lot of teen-humor titles because all the slapstick and romantic arcs happen at a dormitory, and the school is just the place students go to take tests. NISEKOI has more in-school hijinks, but it's not one of those like URUSEI YATSURA, where everything that happens at school is a new level of crazy.

Something to look forward to:

It's that time again(actually kinda late, but I have been busy lately:

Non Non Biyori: Nonstop-It is Non Non Biyori. Looks great, relaxing and kinda funny

Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved to a starter town?-Title kinda describes pretty well what the show is. Lloyd if from a town where everyone is massively OP. He is one of the weaker ones there, so he sets out in search of getting stronger, deciding to go join the army. He is way OP for the town he is now in tho. Hilarity ensues. It is pretty funny and I am enjoying it.

Log Horizon-I loved the first two seasons, as I was not so burnt out on Isaki yet. Still a lot to like, but not nearly as good as those first two seasons.

Re: Zero-Yeah, it is still good. Really good.

Dr. Stone: Stone Wars-First season was a pleasant surprise. This season continues to be really good.

Quintessential Quintuplets-The first season was kinda a guilty pleasure. A harem comedy that worked for me. Second season keeps that going.

Horimiya-Holy hell this came out of nowhere to be freaking awesome. A romance comedy that feels more true to life that almost any other. 5 episodes in, and the main couple are actually a couple, officially dating. None of the season or two will they or won't they thing. No ending it with their declaration of love, and they live happily ever after. Interesting, grounded in reality type characters, great sense of humor, and a good visual style make this a bigtime winner.

It's that time again(actually kinda late, but I have been busy lately:

Non Non Biyori: Nonstop-It is Non Non Biyori. Looks great, relaxing and kinda funny

Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved to a starter town?-Title kinda describes pretty well what the show is. Lloyd if from a town where everyone is massively OP. He is one of the weaker ones there, so he sets out in search of getting stronger, deciding to go join the army. He is way OP for the town he is now in tho. Hilarity ensues. It is pretty funny and I am enjoying it.

Log Horizon-I loved the first two seasons, as I was not so burnt out on Isaki yet. Still a lot to like, but not nearly as good as those first two seasons.

Re: Zero-Yeah, it is still good. Really good.

Dr. Stone: Stone Wars-First season was a pleasant surprise. This season continues to be really good.

Quintessential Quintuplets-The first season was kinda a guilty pleasure. A harem comedy that worked for me. Second season keeps that going.

Horimiya-Holy hell this came out of nowhere to be freaking awesome. A romance comedy that feels more true to life that almost any other. 5 episodes in, and the main couple are actually a couple, officially dating. None of the season or two will they or won't they thing. No ending it with their declaration of love, and they live happily ever after. Interesting, grounded in reality type characters, great sense of humor, and a good visual style make this a bigtime winner.

I'm old.....I still love Armitage III.

I'm old.....I still love Armitage III.
Nothing wrong with liking the old stuff. There is a ton of good new stuff too tho.

Nothing wrong with liking the old stuff. There is a ton of good new stuff too tho.

I think the soundtrack helps make it....its almost a Blade Runner feel?

After 8 years, season 2 of The Devil Is A Part Timer has been announced! If you have not watched the first season, it is on Netflix and is pretty good.

To follow up my earlier post on Nisekoi, I ordered a Japanese collection of the two anime seasons, plus three OVAs. Fortunately it was compatible with my player, though it’s funny to see language options of English, Chinese and Malay. Given that the manga ran for 25 volumes and the collection amounts to 35 half hour episodes, the anime functions largely as a primer to get customers interested in the manga. But at least the anime’s substantially faithful to the source material.

Some good news: what should be the best show of next season will stream on Netflix...but instead of waiting months and releasing it all at once, they will stream individual episodes two weeks after the Japanese release.

Another cute anime, running on Crunchyroll, has been translated as “Don’t Bully Me, Miss Nagatoro.” It’s a high school romance in which a “cool girl,” the Nagatoro of the title, takes an interest in a repressed young male but shows it by constantly teasing him. I’ve seen a fair number of these sort of comedies but the author does a nice job of giving the capricious girl an unpredictable personality.

I’ve recently discovered a manga that due to its subject matter may never get an anime. It has a long name but I only use the first word as title: Henjo. It’s the funniest manga I’ve seen in years.

The premise is simple: two average Japanese twenty-somethings go to work for a handyman service. They end up working alongside Senko, a pretty high school girl whose expression remains absolutely deadpan at most times— especially when she’s using her apparent ability to detect the presence of male erections.

Senko also has no reservations about discussing erections in mixed company, and the same goes for both male and female masturbation. Despite all the naughty talk the reader won’t witness the usual visual fan service; Henjo is practically chaste next to its competition. It’s all about exploring this humorous potential of this slender premise, but because of the naughty talk I’ll be surprised if it gets an official English translation. But if you want a good laugh, you can probably find Henjo on one of the free manga sites.

Another cute anime, running on Crunchyroll, has been translated as “Don’t Bully Me, Miss Nagatoro.” It’s a high school romance in which a “cool girl,” the Nagatoro of the title, takes an interest in a repressed young male but shows it by constantly teasing him. I’ve seen a fair number of these sort of comedies but the author does a nice job of giving the capricious girl an unpredictable personality.
nice.png

When it comes to animation, I think King of the Hill is right up there at the top next Woody Woodpecker and Heckle and Jeckle.

Season 2 confirmed.

Spy X Family confirmed for next year. For those not familiar with the manga, it is set in an alternative world modeled something like East and West Germany post WW2. Guy who is a spy for one of those countries is assigned a mission undercover to get close to an important guy for the other country, and to do so, he needs a family. He adopts a girl from an orphanage, completely unaware she had been part of a government experiment and could read minds as a result. He then finds a local girl who is in need of a husband(unbeknown to him, she needs a husband as a cover for her job as an assassin for hire). Part absurd comedy, part tense spy thriller, the parts come together to form a great whole.

Favorite animes:
Naurto
Bleach
ONe piece
Yu-ig-oh
beybalde
bakugan
Saint senya: knights of the zodic
Sakura the card capture

Really excited for the new bleach seasons

Back
Top Bottom