• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fauci says fully vaccinated people 'might want to consider' wearing a mask indoors as a precaution against the Delta variant

Napoleon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Dr. Anthony Fauci, the US's top infectious-disease expert, said fully vaccinated people might "want to consider" wearing masks indoors to help protect against the Delta coronavirus variant, which is spreading fast across the country.

Fauci, who is President Joe Biden's chief medical advisor, told CNBC on Wednesdaythat "if you want to go the extra mile of safety even though you're vaccinated when you're indoors, particularly in crowded places, you might want to consider wearing a mask."
The Fauci creature has finally conceded and says it’s time for masks again! Everyone get those sewing machines warmed up!

Fauci can go pound sand. Squirt....

I'm surprised he hasn't gotten whiplash from this issue.
This wouldn’t be neccessary if people would have followed the advise to get vaccinated in the first place. We were warned a variant could happen and what would happen if we didn’t reach herd immunity. If the situation changes we need to change too.

This wouldn’t be neccessary if people would have followed the advise to get vaccinated in the first place. We were warned a variant could happen and what would happen if we didn’t reach herd immunity. If the situation changes we need to change too.
Fauci and the CDC have been fighting the science on this and dollars to doughnuts it’s because of political considerations. The WHO gave this advice a month ago and they just recently conceded to the AAP who’ve they’ve been fighting forever on the need for children to keep wearing masks.

Be careful .

If Little Anthony is admitting that the injections do not work against Delta , he is opening up the narrative for A.N. Other to bring you new and /or booster jabs .

Remember he is expendable now so this is possibly his last likely assignment .

" Go soften them up little creep before we put you in the blender "

In the article the OP posted Fauci said, "U.S. officials are concerned that they are seeing more breakthrough infections in fully vaccinated people in the U.S., even if they are more mild cases."

Well DOCTOR, if fully vaccinated people are getting these break through infections, but they are MILD, then isn't that a sign that the virus is weakening and loosing steam, and that any new variant that is mild, isn't lethal, yet still after infection means MORE people now have NATURAL antibodies present? In other words, NATURAL herd immunity.

Sounds like the best of both world to me. I'm vaccinated and it protects me from the initial variant, and I can go out and live my life again, and even if new variant is going around, it is mild in nature, and not to worry.

All this man Fauci is about is spreading fear, and wanting TO CONTROL people. This man was part of the reason we got this virus outbreak, he was associated to the very scientists who were haphazardly studying these bat viruses and then accidentally let it out.

The ego of this man is unbelievable. People talk about Trump's ego, Fauci out trumps Trump even.

I wish they would develop a vaccine to protect us from Fauci.

"Go the Extra Mile on safety"

OMG a physician-scientist and immunologist is giving advice on how to be extra safe during a pandemic.

What next, a driving instructor telling me to drive slow on icy roads? Don't they know I have my seat belt on like I was already advised and can do what I want. They don't control me or my car!

It is interesting how some here on DP care so little for others, all because of what they believe is their personal freedom right.

By choice I still wear a mask in stores.
Same reason I carry a gun. You never know

This doesn't work in the right wing mind. To your typical MAGA type, if you change your mind when conditions change or new knowledge is gained, then you are weak and lying.

Yeah, it's stupid, but that's the way they think.

Ok I've considered it as requested. I am vaccinated. Where I live the numbers are very low. I will go on without wearing a mask. That was easy.

"Go the Extra Mile on safety"

OMG a physician-scientist and immunologist is giving advice on how to be extra safe during a pandemic.

What next, a driving instructor telling me to drive slow on icy roads? Don't they know I have my seat belt on like I was already advised and can do what I want. They don't control me or my car!
What's next? Fauci using his considerable platform to tell Joe Biden that letting covid pour across our border and seeding it all over the U.S. would cause an ever-growing spike of the delta variant?

Fauci and the CDC have been fighting the science on this and dollars to doughnuts it’s because of political considerations. The WHO gave this advice a month ago and they just recently conceded to the AAP who’ve they’ve been fighting forever on the need for children to keep wearing masks.
I'm sure he had a good reason behind each of the dozen or so times he changed his mind.

The only reason I took the shot (I got the one-shot and done type) was to be able to toss the mask.

I seem to already have a natural immunity to such viruses, as I have described before.

I am NOT going to start wearing masks just because Dr. Fauci "recommends" it.

What's next? Fauci using his considerable platform to tell Joe Biden that letting covid pour across our border and seeding it all over the U.S. would cause an ever-growing spike of the delta variant?

Most likely!

Why I had five illegals coughing in my direction yesterday at the gas station. Thanks Biden!

Glad you found it funny.
Noted: You provide nothing to refute what I stated as a possibility for the shift.
It wasn't worth it. I don't believe any of the changes were based on 'learning something new' about the virus.

Right wingers gonna act like him giving a personal opinion that people “might want to consider” is a fascist dictatorship commanding the public to obey.

Back
Top Bottom