• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fauci keeps lying.

Remember when Fauci said IT IS MOLECULARLY IMPOSSIBLE that the virus was modified in a lab.
I remember what he actually said.

But for the record let us all see for ourselves?

"What did we learn from the letter? Does it show that some of the research we were finding was riskier than we know?" Stephanopoulos pressed.

Fauci said they knew what the risk was and there's "no denial" that they should have put their progress report in a timely manner, but that the implication that the research led to COVID-19 is "unconscionable" and "molecularly impossible."

"There's all of this concern about what's gain-of-function or what's not, with the implication that that research led to SARS-CoV-2, and COVID-19, which, George, unequivocally anybody that knows anything about viral biology and phylogeny of viruses know that it is molecularly impossible for those viruses that were worked on to turn into SARS-CoV-2 because they were distant enough molecularly that no matter what you did to them, they could never, ever become SARS-CoV-2," Fauci explained.

"And yet when people talk about gain-of-function, they make that implication which I think is unconscionable to do, to say, 'Well, maybe that research led to SARS-CoV-2'," Fauci added. "You can ask any person of good faith who's a virologist, and they will tell you, absolutely clearly, that that would be molecularly impossible."

https://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/pediatric-vaccines-1st-2nd-week-november-fauci/story?id=80746197

Now I might just be a stickler for details and what not but I don't think what you claimed Fauci said is the same as what, on record, Dr. Fauci actually said.

Dr. Fauci is spot on calling rand paul a moron as he did. What paul was trying to do and has been doing against Fauci was quite moronic!

What lie?

That there wasn't any evidence that the virus was made in a lab. He lied.

When he said he was not funding virus research in Wuhan, he lied again.

When he said it wasn't molecularly possible for covid to be created in a lab, he lied again

My opinion is that he knew from the beginning this came from the same lab he was funding this research. He lies to cover his ass.

More right wing projection bullshit. You people know nothing of science, nothing about taking new information and changing, and that's why you continue to be stuck in your moronic way and refuse to evolve while everything in this world and the history of humanity has changed.

And all you do is lie, all republicans you worship do is lie, the bullshit propaganda you watch and read is a lie

ALWAYS REMEMBER, WHEN THEY ATTACK FAUCI THEY'RE SIMPLY RUNNING COVER FOR THE EX-PRESIDENT'S FAILURES. THAT'S IT. THAT'S ALL IT IS.

Yup a badge of honor being attacked by Vanilla ISIS

YES. The evidence is that many experts do NOT think it is "molecularly impossible." And Fauci is not a virologist! He is a BSer.
comrade, I have found the proof you were looking for.

Experts weigh in on risky Wuhan study that Fauci, Paul debated​

Rasmussen said attempts by Paul to link WIV1 to the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 are a “politically motivated smear,” echoing Fauci’s argument that it’s “molecularly impossible” they are related. Fauci was “right to call Sen. Paul a liar,” she said.

oops, I misread that. She was calling Rand Paul (be sure to go his website and hit the "contribute now" button) a liar. How do you say " my bad" in russian?

When he said it wasn't molecularly possible for covid to be created in a lab, he lied again

My opinion is that he knew from the beginning this came from the same lab he was funding this research. He lies to cover his ass.
There isn't any evidence the virus was created in a lab. That doesn't mean that it isn't possible that it was. It just means that there is no reason to suspect it was at this time.

He never claimed he wasn't funding "virus research." We should be researching viruses. He said he wasn't funding the more controversial "gain of function" research that could have led to the development of COVID-19, which is true.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ied-congress-about-gain-of-function-research/

He never said it wasn't molecularly possible for COVID to have been created in a lab. He said it wasn't molecularly possible for any of the viruses studied in labs by the US to have mutated to become COVID-19. It is possible that some other unknown actor created the virus in a lab, but there is no evidence of this. A natural jump from bats to humans is still far and away the most likely scenario.

Your opinion is based on bad information.

Last edited:
No. I do remember Dr Fauci saying it was MOLECULARLY IMPOSSIBLE the viruses that were studied with our funding caused Covid 19.

If the virus was created or modified in a lab, HOW IS IT MOLECULARLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR IT TO ESCAPE??

No one in the world would agree with you. Whether or not it was created or modified in a lab, there is NO reason to think it could not escape and cause a pandemic. Even Fauci knows that.

ALWAYS REMEMBER, WHEN THEY ATTACK FAUCI THEY'RE SIMPLY RUNNING COVER FOR THE EX-PRESIDENT'S FAILURES. THAT'S IT. THAT'S ALL IT IS.

Yes. Of course. No other possible reasons.

Got links to those lies?

There isn't any evidence the virus was created in a lab. That doesn't mean that it isn't possible that it was. It just means that there is no reason to suspect it was at this time.

He never claimed he wasn't funding "virus research." We should be researching viruses. He said he wasn't funding the more controversial "gain of function" research that could have led to the development of COVID-19, which is true.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ied-congress-about-gain-of-function-research/

He never said it wasn't molecularly possible for COVID to have been created in a lab. He said it wasn't molecularly possible for any of the viruses studied in labs by the US to have mutated to become COVID-19. It is possible that some other unknown actor created the virus in a lab, but there is no evidence of this. A natural jump from bats to humans is still far and away the most likely scenario.

Your opinion is based on bad information.

No evidence the virus was created in a lab. How are we supposed to get evidence, given that the Chinese government destroyed it? But there are MANY reasons to suspect it was. THAT is why many experts think it quite possibly was.

He claimed he was not funding gain of function research. But he was, and he must have known that he was. Even though the lying Daszak may have lied about it, Fauci was still aware.

It is NOT TRUE that it was "molecularly impossible" for a virus studied/modified at WIV to cause COVID-19. Fauci was LYING. AGAIN.

comrade, I have found the proof you were looking for.

Experts weigh in on risky Wuhan study that Fauci, Paul debated​

Rasmussen said attempts by Paul to link WIV1 to the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 are a “politically motivated smear,” echoing Fauci’s argument that it’s “molecularly impossible” they are related. Fauci was “right to call Sen. Paul a liar,” she said.

oops, I misread that. She was calling Rand Paul (be sure to go his website and hit the "contribute now" button) a liar. How do you say " my bad" in russian?

This one said this and that one said that. You expect political adversaries to agree on anything?

He just won't stop lying about his involvement in suppressing the truth about the origin of covid.

nah, I dont agree with that.

Dr. Fauci is a good man, I support him.

Your opinion is noted and laughed at as usual.

:ROFLMAO: You need to get out and about more.

i am out and about plenty but I keep among the civilized, the educated, the elite.

I have no shot and a beer persona that needs nurturing. I let that part of me roll to the gutter where it belongs.

i am out and about plenty but I keep among the civilized, the educated, the elite.
If you're educated how is it you didn't know what the term meant? :)
I have no shot and a beer persona that needs nurturing. I let that part of me roll to the gutter where it belongs.

Because he is working towards fighting COVID while his opposition spews disinformation and base ignorance.

Is he a good man because he may have helped to cause covid?

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom