• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fauci- It's Up to Each Person to Determine Covid Risk

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Well lookie here. Little old Anthony has finally come around to my way of thinking. Except, I've been saying this for years.

So here we are. I'm finally right where he wants me.

Emphasis mine.

=========================================

There will be… a level of infection. This is not gonna be eradicated and it's not gonna be eliminated. And what's gonna happen is that we're gonna see that each individual is gonna have to make their calculation of the amount of risk that they want to take in going to indoor events and going to functions even within the realm of a green zone map of the country where you see everything looks green, but it's starting to tick up. So you're gonna make a question and an answer for yourself, for me as an individual for you as an individual, what is my age? What is my status? Do I have people at home who are vulnerable, that if I bring the virus home, there may be a problem? So we're at that point where in many respects, she's correct that we're going to have to live with some degree of virus in the community."

Well lookie here. Little old Anthony has finally come around to my way of thinking. Except, I've been saying this for years.

Emphasis mine.

There will be… a level of infection. This is not gonna be eradicated and it's not gonna be eliminated. And what's gonna happen is that we're gonna see that each individual is gonna have to make their calculation of the amount of risk that they want to take in going to indoor events and going to functions even within the realm of a green zone map of the country where you see everything looks green, but it's starting to tick up. So you're gonna make a question and an answer for yourself, for me as an individual for you as an individual, what is my age? What is my status? Do I have people at home who are vulnerable, that if I bring the virus home, there may be a problem? So we're at that point where in many respects, she's correct that we're going to have to live with some degree of virus in the community."

Yep......

Now that COVID is waning idiots aren't filling the hospitals and morgues.....

Emphasis mine.

This guy has so much bullshit spewing out of his mouth, you need to stay upwind and out of the line of fire.

Emphasis mine.

What that dumb ass doesn't get is that it always has been. His fear mongering just made things worse. He needs to go but democrats have as usual supported the wrong things and can't admit to a mistake, ever. Like Trump Collusion, Hunter Biden laptop is Russian disinformation. They just go on supporting the lies.

Yea, that's it. LMAO 😄😄😄
Daily American deaths are now averaging 500/day as opposed to 2000+/day at the height of Omicron.

The difference between you and Fauci is he tailors his messaging according to a shifting situation, and you're just consistently wrong all the time.

Then again we already know data and evidence don't sway your feelings as much as an irrational hatred of expert advice.

Falsies is leaving the decisions to the people for a change? What a foreign concept for him!

The Fauci hate is bizarre.

Do we hate him for correcting Trump's misinformation in public, or for providing the best information he had at any given moment? Because that's all he's done.

The goofballs who believe he is responsible for COVID are goofballs.

Daily American deaths are now averaging 500/day as opposed to 2000+/day at the height of Omicron.

The difference between you and Fauci is he tailors his messaging according to a shifting situation, and you're just consistently wrong all the time.

Then again we already know data and evidence don't sway your feelings as much as an irrational hatred of expert advice.

👏 👏 👏 🏅

You have to wonder how certain posters' lives work.

I can't see how Trumpists can figure out how to access even public library computer to post here if they truly believed that the best way to go about life is to shoot from the gut and never change strategy or behavior no matter the circumstances.

But then, Trumpists actually do all sorts of ridiculously stupid shit, not just say it, so maybe a lot of them do believe this.

This guy has so much bullshit spewing out of his mouth, you need to stay upwind and out of the line of fire.
I have to agree with you guys for the first time ever. Your way of thinking is exactly the spewing of bullshit on a constant basis.

Emphasis mine.

If he had said this in March, 2020, Trump would still be President.

About a million US dead. About 500 million US cases. But Trump is gone. Obviously, the mitigation measures failed on every level in every way. Except that Trump is gone.

Might be a wrong interpretation, but it seems logical to assume that what was achieved by the SWAMP is what the SWAMP SET OUT to achieve.

When will they apologize?
======

You're actually citing the New York Post, a comic for Trump's beloved "poorly educated"? :ROFLMAO: For crissakes their level of infantile 'reporting' wouldn't shame a 12 year-old...my, how we laughed.
1649778158105.png

has finally come around to my way of thinking. Except, I've been saying this for years.

Broken clocks are also incorrect most of the time.

Duh! The crappy American Covid strategy is loosening up at the moment because Covid seems to be waning.

This clown rolled the dice and lost.

According to this obituary, Dan died on March 30, 2022. Another conservative anti-vaxx radio host bites the dust. Dan was CEO of Financial Issues Stewardship Ministries (FISM) and a radio host on American Family Radio. FISM is some sort of Christian values investing and financial advise thing, and American Family Radio is owned by American Family Association, an anti-gay hate group. Dan and his "ministry" were, of course, anti-vaxx, and of course, like MANY anti-vaxx conservative media hosts, he died from COVID. Being a conservative anti-vaxx radio, video, or TV host seems to be a COVID death sentence

Or this guy:

This man lived in Bernardsville, NJ his entire life, he bullied the free Covid vaccine clinic in Bernardsville by driving his pickup truck and screaming at anyone who tried to get a vaccine. Wally Harms , the anti-vax menace about town who acted like he was the Mayor (worth noting, this town is right next to Trump Nat'l Golf club in Bedminster, NJ, and Wally was the Pro-Trumo anti-vax poster child. I checked his many obituaries and NONE of them mentioned his cause of death. The final sentence of his obituary says " He will be missed by so many, but the deer and turkey of western NJ can sleep with both eyes closed tonight." You cannot make this stuff up. the reason I am submitting this is because Wally spent the entirety of covid defying any mask , vaccine, social distancing mandates and threatened Bernards High School if they enforced mask wearing upon his children. The reason I am submitting this isnt because Wally relentlessly tortured others from the time he was in grade school, myself included, my reasoning is because I want something GOOD to come out of his death... in addition to the great news that this rabid antivaxxer can scream and bully no more. I can tell my 5 - 17 year old self that I finally stood up to the kid who bullied me for 12 years."

Emphasis mine.

So isn't the idea, that now that we are entering an endemic phase...no matter how lax the public health guidelines are.....it is up to the individual to decide whether they need to take more precautions?

Kind of like the flu season. A person may have an immunization - that hopefully contains the strains they may be exposed to- but it is up to them whether to go in congested public areas, public transportation - or whether to go out in public without a mask.

What aren't you understanding?

We have reached the point with Covid that most areas have managed the risk to their healthcare systems with sufficient numbers of vaccines with and without natural immunity.,,,,so now it is up to the individual and how much risk they will assume.

A very healthy 30 year old (with or without vaccination) is likely to accept the likely low risk of serious covid disease, Now that rules rightfully have eased, he is no longer constrained by stringent public health guidelines
That being said the 30 year old immune compromised patient will likely not accept so much risk because serious disease is a strong possibilty if exposed.

But in case you already forgot, the rules have eased because the current burden to the healthcare systems has substantially decreased.

Back
Top Bottom