• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fauci: Fox News’s Tucker Carlson ‘triggers some of the crazies’

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Fauci: Fox News’s Tucker Carlson ‘triggers some of the crazies’ - MarketWatch

Who would have thought when I was in medical school doing things to save people’s lives, I’d have to be going around with a security detail? I mean, that’s really ridiculous.’
That’s Anthony Fauci, the top infectious disease expert in the United States, talking about the result of recent criticism he’s faced from Fox News host Tucker Carlson, who has called him “the chief buffoon of the professional class,” and a “total fraud,” among other things.

“I’m not concerned at what he says,” Fauci said of Carlson in a recent Instagram interview with the Washington Post. “I think you could say that when he does that, it triggers some of the crazies in society to start threatening me, actually threatening, which actually happens.”

For example, Carlson slams Fauci in this clip for taking his mask down to sip some water:

Federal officials recently determined that Fauci, as a key part of the White House coronavirus task force, should receive security detail after receiving threats over his guidance on the pandemic.

Fauci also commented on those showering him with praise, saying he doesn’t see himself as a hero, but he said the “really bizarre” part is all the negativity. “We live in an extraordinary society where public-health issues become so politicized and divisive that when you start talking about prudent things to do to preserve public health, that’s actually considered by some... hopefully a really small minority... as something worthy of threatening you,” he said.

Here’s the full video, with the Carlson comments coming in at around the 15-minute mark: (video)
========================================================================
Tucker Carlson's annual salary at Fox is $6 million. While that may seem like a lot, keep in mind that the man he replaced, Bill O'Reilly, was earning $20 . Comparative values?

Fauci: Fox News’s Tucker Carlson ‘triggers some of the crazies’ - MarketWatch

Who would have thought when I was in medical school doing things to save people’s lives, I’d have to be going around with a security detail? I mean, that’s really ridiculous.’
That’s Anthony Fauci, the top infectious disease expert in the United States, talking about the result of recent criticism he’s faced from Fox News host Tucker Carlson, who has called him “the chief buffoon of the professional class,” and a “total fraud,” among other things.

“I’m not concerned at what he says,” Fauci said of Carlson in a recent Instagram interview with the Washington Post. “I think you could say that when he does that, it triggers some of the crazies in society to start threatening me, actually threatening, which actually happens.”

For example, Carlson slams Fauci in this clip for taking his mask down to sip some water:

Federal officials recently determined that Fauci, as a key part of the White House coronavirus task force, should receive security detail after receiving threats over his guidance on the pandemic.

Fauci also commented on those showering him with praise, saying he doesn’t see himself as a hero, but he said the “really bizarre” part is all the negativity. “We live in an extraordinary society where public-health issues become so politicized and divisive that when you start talking about prudent things to do to preserve public health, that’s actually considered by some... hopefully a really small minority... as something worthy of threatening you,” he said.

Here’s the full video, with the Carlson comments coming in at around the 15-minute mark: (video)
========================================================================
Tucker Carlson's annual salary at Fox is $6 million. While that may seem like a lot, keep in mind that the man he replaced, Bill O'Reilly, was earning $20 . Comparative values?

Excellent. Great observations by a real American hero. Tucker Carlson is no more than one of the clowns in the car.

Excellent. Great observations by a real American hero. Tucker Carlson is no more than one of the clowns in the car.

Stop calling him a hero. Somebody who knowingly puts their life at risk to save another is a hero. Fauci's life is at risk after the fact. He's not "a national treasure" he's not a "hero". He may be good at what he does but he hasn't been great when it comes to this pandemic.

Fauci isn't anymore above criticism than Carlson. What the crazies do on either side of politics is just the extreme BS we've seen and heard forever. Carlson had to sell his house and move to protect his family because of leftist crazies. So if Fauci needs security, he'll just have to live with that reality.

Stop calling him a hero. Somebody who knowingly puts their life at risk to save another is a hero. Fauci's life is at risk after the fact. He's not "a national treasure" he's not a "hero". He may be good at what he does but he hasn't been great when it comes to this pandemic.

You’re now just the opposite from where you were on COVID-19, Mongidig. QAnon? Good luck supporting Trump and his pardoning of traitor snowden.

You’re now just the opposite from where you were on COVID-19, Mongidig. QAnon? Good luck supporting Trump and his pardoning of traitor snowden.

We may have to start a drinking game for when you say "QAnon".

I don't support Trump.

I take C19 very seriously.

I call things as I see them.

You have a distorted way of seeing things.

After the fact? Perhaps you could clarify? Fauci is putting his life in danger every day in order to try to save thousands of Americans lives. He has followed the science as best he could but unfortunately the science is not perfectly correct at the outset when it comes to a new virus. Fauci and others have also been impeded by Trump and others in the administration.

The guy is 79 and doesn’t really need the hassle. He could retire and live comfortably but he obviously cares and wants to help. Thankfully more people trust Fauci who tells the truth than Trump who only feeds the country propaganda that he thinks will help him get elected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you ever had any experience dealing with a global pandemic?

"stay in your lane"

si-faucippe.jpg

Anybody who thinks Fauci is a hero is disrespecting true heros.

After the fact? Perhaps you could clarify? Fauci is putting his life in danger every day in order to try to save thousands of Americans lives. He has followed the science as best he could but unfortunately the science is not perfectly correct at the outset when it comes to a new virus. Fauci and others have also been impeded by Trump and others in the administration.

The guy is 79 and doesn’t really need the hassle. He could retire and live comfortably but he obviously cares and wants to help. Thankfully more people trust Fauci who tells the truth than Trump who only feeds the country propaganda that he thinks will help him get elected.

He's worn out his welcome. We need some new blood.

Anybody who thinks Fauci is a hero is disrespecting true heros.

So what about nurses who go in to covid units and take care of covid patients?

Fauci: Fox News’s Tucker Carlson ‘triggers some of the crazies’

It's Fox, who cares, you shouldn't be watching it anyway.

Fauci is a hero who has saved lives through his work.

Trump has refused to listen to science and is the one who has made the pandemic in the USA worse than it had to be.

He's worn out his welcome. We need some new blood.

Looks like Trump is the one who has worn out his welcome:

Two-thirds, 67 - 30 percent, say they do not trust the information President Trump is providing about the coronavirus.

Conversely, nearly two-thirds, 65 - 26 percent, say they trust the information Dr. Anthony Fauci is providing about the coronavirus.

Voters give the president a negative 35 - 62 percent approval rating for his handling of the coronavirus response, his lowest mark since the question was first asked in March.

A clear majority of voters, 62 - 31 percent, say they think President Trump is hurting rather than helping efforts to slow the spread of the coronavirus.

National (US) Poll - July 15, 2020 - Biden Widens Lead Over Trump T | Quinnipiac University Connecticut

Why do we need new blood when Fauci is one of the few that people actually trust?

Yeah, Let's compare Fauci and his life work to Tucker Swanson.........

Fauci is a hero who has saved lives through his work.

Trump has refused to listen to science and is the one who has made the pandemic in the USA worse than it had to be.
How many lives did he save when he told people masks were not necessary and young people should not be concerned about going on cruises?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

How many lives did he save when he told people masks were not necessary and young people should not be concerned about going on cruises?

As science gathers more and new information, the advice that follows from the scientists will by necessity change.

And as they gathered more data they changed their advice, trump on the other hand still says it going to just fade away, how many lives has he cost?

How do you know? Where did you get your advanced biology degrees?

As science gathers more and new information, the advice that follows from the scientists will by necessity change.
How many people did he innocently kill?

And as they gathered more data they changed their advice, trump on the other hand still says it going to just fade away, how many lives has he cost?
How many people died while he gathered data?

How many people died while he gathered data?

How many People died and are still dying because trump pushed his nonsense to the rubes?

Back
Top Bottom