• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fauci doubles down on claim that attacking him is an attack on science

I would support a muzzle for the purveyor of misinformation: Fauci.

All he needs to talk about is what the virus has been shown to do. Period.

It's not all that difficult to indicate that recommendations for public policy be made by those who are in charge of making recommendations for public policy.

That's a very circular reply, to try to defend Fauci. Why?

I don't expect Fauci to investigate the Chinese lab. They aren't allowing it. I wouldn't expect him to believe China with their 'trust us' approach either. Their investigation - without any audit, or review, or independent verification, is meaningless. The fact they wouldn't (and still haven't) allowed any other review actually makes their findings more suspect. The country is known to lie to save face. They have a tradition of it. Why would anyone believe them.

The point, again, is that Fauci was dismissing the possibility of a lab leak out of the gate, when it's not just a remote possibility - but one of the more likely ones. His statements weren't based on science, but on politics.

Who would believe China on anything? Fauci based what he said on the known science at the time. He agrees that there is not 100% certainty and that further study is appropriate. I haven't read of any further study that can be done without being provided with further information from China, which they've refused to provide. I don't know what else you can expect from Fauci. What you say is plain wrong. What Fauci says is as correct as can be said at each point in time based on what was known at each point in time. That China refuses to provide more info is not Fauci's fault, as you try to make it. What is circular is you coming back to the same points on which you've already been refuted. See you on another thread.

Who would believe China on anything? Fauci based what he said on the known science at the time. He agrees that there is not 100% certainty and that further study is appropriate. I haven't read of any further study that can be done without being provided with further information from China, which they've refused to provide. I don't know what else you can expect from Fauci. What you say is plain wrong. What Fauci says is as correct as can be said at each point in time based on what was known at each point in time. That China refuses to provide more info is not Fauci's fault, as you try to make it. What is circular is you coming back to the same points on which you've already been refuted. See you on another thread.
Again - the 'science' response would have been, 'We don't know if it was a lab leak in China. It's certainly a possibility, but we won't know unless China lets someone check it out, and they won't'. Adding perhaps, 'Their entire response is sketchy, and we should demand further investigation.' And possibly, 'I was an idiot for giving US research dollars to them in the first place.' Special highlight to the fact that nothing has changed from a year ago when it was 'impossible' to now when it's 'one possibility'.

Fauci was wrong. Period.

Again - the 'science' response would have been, 'We don't know if it was a lab leak in China. It's certainly a possibility, but we won't know unless China lets someone check it out, and they won't'. Adding perhaps, 'Their entire response is sketchy, and we should demand further investigation.' And possibly, 'I was an idiot for giving US research dollars to them in the first place.' Special highlight to the fact that nothing has changed from a year ago when it was 'impossible' to now when it's 'one possibility'.

Fauci was wrong. Period.
Yeah, I think the rush to eliminate that possibility was more about political tip toeing than a research based decision. The fact of the matter is the US and other nations know they need to keep China on board with pandemics going forward, and if that bridge is burned then we can expect even less transparency.

Fauci was wrong. Period.

He's a scientist. Those are political answer avoidance strategies.

Yeah, I think the rush to eliminate that possibility was more about political tip toeing than a research based decision. The fact of the matter is the US and other nations know they need to keep China on board with pandemics going forward, and if that bridge is burned then we can expect even less transparency.
I agree - his answer was political, not based on science. That's kind of the point.

Fauci circling back and saying that to question his political answers = attacking science is silly. Honestly, I think he needs a communication director to help him with that piece of his job.

Fauci was wrong. Period.

The lab leak is just a dodge by the right to change the subject from their continued botching of covid. Look at Desantis in Florida drowning in his own covid bullshit to the point he invoked illegal immigration as a life raft.

The lab leak theory is great. Until we get to the part of what Ttump knew and what he said. Then we must talk about Andrew Cuomo.

Fauci is the reason more Americans aren’t dead.

Fauci needs fired. The squirt has exceeded his usefulness

The lab leak is just a dodge by the right to change the subject from their continued botching of covid. Look at Desantis in Florida drowning in his own covid bullshit to the point he invoked illegal immigration as a life raft.

The lab leak theory is great. Until we get to the part of what Ttump knew and what he said. Then we must talk about Andrew Cuomo.

Fauci is the reason more Americans aren’t dead.
The “Fauch” paid to create the virus.

The “Fauch” paid to create the virus.

It’s so odd to me how comfortable you guys are saying these batshit crazy things to other adults.

Back
Top Bottom