• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fauci dismisses death threats: 'It's my job'

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
[h=1]Fauci dismisses death threats: 'It's my job'[/h]

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci on Thursday responded to reports that he has been given a personal security detail due to receiving threats, telling CBS’s Gayle King that despite the pressure he is facing, “it’s my job.”

"You know, it's my job. This is the life I've chosen, and I'm doing it," Fauci said. "I mean, obviously there's a lot of pressure. I would be foolish to deny that. ... It's a job to do, and we've just got to do it."
Fauci, who has held his position since 1984, has reportedly been given a security detail amid an increase in threats made against him, and a small contingent of supporters of President Trump has vocally criticized his blunt assessments of the pandemic even as Trump and Fauci have both denied any rift.

Fauci dismisses death threats: 'It's my job' | TheHill
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What kind of monster would threaten this man's life?

The same kind of idiots who threaten anyone in the public eye. The internet is FULL Of absolutely bat**** crazy people who say they want to kill or rape anyone they disagree with (and their family).

The same kind of idiots who threaten anyone in the public eye. The internet is FULL Of absolutely bat**** crazy people who say they want to kill or rape anyone they disagree with (and their family).

Yeah, a long list of bat**** crazies.

But what do you expect from Celebutards from Hollyweird who live and work in a land of make believe? :shrug:

But what do you expect from Celebutards from Hollyweird who live and work in a land of make believe? :shrug:

But they're just playing. Fauci is receiving death threats. Though they may be playing as well, or bluffing.

It would be interesting to learn why the people were threatening him. What is it they object to?

It would be interesting to learn why the people were threatening him. What is it they object to?

I'm assuming (since they're idiots) that they think he's part of some conspiracy to take down Trump.

Perhaps Trump has some alter-ego on the web and is one of those sending these threats...

But they're just playing. Fauci is receiving death threats. Though they may be playing as well, or bluffing.

I think it indicative of how far off the rails the left has become.
How much they've lost their self control and composure.
They have lost literally any and all adulthood they ever had, and turned them into pouting, whining and active out 2 year olds in a severe temper tantrum.

I'm assuming (since they're idiots) that they think he's part of some conspiracy to take down Trump.

??? Isnt he backing The Donald?

You think it's people on the left? Why? The people on the left are more likely to have been backing the social distancing and shut-downs longer and more consistently. And that is finally, the current party line.

Yeah, hes basically on team Trump so it seems the death threats would be coming from Trump haters not Trump supporters.

I kniw it hurts your feelings, but criticism of Trump and actual death threats are not the same thing. But you can't go against your Trumptard brethren.

Yeah, hes basically on team Trump so it seems the death threats would be coming from Trump haters not Trump supporters.

After Limbaugh branded him as "deep state" i would doubt it. You are not capable of the leap of imagination it takes to think any Trumpian doesn't **** rainbows.

You think it's people on the left? Why? The people on the left are more likely to have been backing the social distancing and shut-downs longer and more consistently. And that is finally, the current party line.

Because anything undesirable cones from the left!

I kniw it hurts your feelings, but criticism of Trump and actual death threats are not the same thing. But you can't go against your Trumptard brethren.

Check my post history. I've been calling it like it is in this regard for a long time already.

All of the cited instances were well before any of the viral outbreak. (Or was that the other thread?) :shrug:

???Again...he's been backing...and gotten The Donald on track with...what liberals have been supporting, so your statement makes no sense. Esp. since we saw how he really felt a couple of weeks ago...face slapping and commenting on reining The Donald in. He's on 'our side,' fighting the good fight from the inside.

Plus he supports the science...which is not the normal position of many conservatives.

He disagreed with Trump's "facts", which is why he has been replaced at plague briefings by William Barr.

He disagreed with Trump's "facts", which is why he has been replaced at plague briefings by William Barr.

Your opinion? If not, support your allegation with facts.

Thats just stupid from beginning to end. What is it 'your' side wants that my side supposedly doesnt?

Thats both false and stupid. Maybe you and Lursa can team up to put together an intelligent response here. Although I dont think youll be much help. She might be better off on her own.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…