• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fauci disagrees with Trump on coronavirus, cites disturbing U.S. statistics

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Fauci disagrees with Trump on coronavirus, cites disturbing U.S. statistics | Reuters

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Top government infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci said on Friday he disagreed with President Donald Trump’s assessment the United States has “rounded the corner” on the coronavirus pandemic, saying the statistics are disturbing.

Fauci, the outspoken director of the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said the United States was starting the flu season with a high baseline of around 40,000 new COVID-19 cases a day and deaths are averaging around 1,000 daily.

Trump, who has admitted playing down the severity of the virus since it emerged early this presidential election year, said on Thursday he believed the United States was “rounding the corner” on the crisis.

“I have to disagree with that, because, if you look at the thing that you just mentioned, the statistics ... they are disturbing,” Fauci said on MSNBC.
================================================================
Fauci is highly experienced & educated in transmissable diseases. Trump just wants to get reelected. Who would you believe: the expert or the acknowledged liar?

I'm not sure what corner Trump thinks we're rounding, but the stats do not support saying something like this since the daily new cases and death figures are pretty high. The positive side of this is it's trending downward, but I'd say the corner is still pretty far off for the country as a whole. Certain states are faring much better than others, so they're reaching some milestones that put them back on course for a return to some kind of old normalcy.

I'm not sure what corner Trump thinks we're rounding, but the stats do not support saying something like this since the daily new cases and death figures are pretty high. The positive side of this is it's trending downward, but I'd say the corner is still pretty far off for the country as a whole. Certain states are faring much better than others, so they're reaching some milestones that put them back on course for a return to some kind of old normalcy.

This is all about Trump trying to win re-election.

He wants to head into November with creating this falsehood that the virus has miraculously vanished. To his solace probably 50% of Republicans don't even believe there was a virus.

Back
Top Bottom