• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fauci’s United Front Is Collapsing

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Hot dam. Now even the usual suspects are dispatching Fauci due to pure survival instincts. His cabal is evaporating.

He's been a cancer all along as far as I'm concerned but pretty soon he's going to be held accountable.

I look forward to it.

=======================

How precisely did we move so quickly from the “germ games” of October 2019 – when the virus was already circulating in the US – to full-scale global lockdown by March? Why did Anthony Fauci, who in early February was downplaying the seriousness of the virus, flip to the other side (which we know from emails)? It was Fauci, according to many reporters, who tapped Deborah Birx to huddle with Trump and convince him that the only way to battle the virus was to “shut down” the economy – as if anything like that was possible much less effective for controlling a respiratory virus.

For two years now, and despite endless writing and reflection, this change from the top has puzzled me. Lockdowns contradicted not only a century of public-health practice but even WHO guidelines. Even on March 2, 2020, 850 scientists signed a letter to the White House warning against lockdowns, closures, and travel restrictions. Within days, everything changed.

Hot dam. Now even the usual suspects are dispatching Fauci due to pure survival instincts. His cabal is evaporating. He's been a cancer all along as far as I'm concerned but pretty soon he's going to be held accountable. I look forward to it.

The propagandist who thought of that insanely stupid bullshit should be fired immediately. And I'm not sure I'd recommend you for your skill in presentation.

Hot dam. Now even the usual suspects are dispatching Fauci due to pure survival instincts. His cabal is evaporating.

He's been a cancer all along as far as I'm concerned but pretty soon he's going to be held accountable.

I look forward to it.

=======================

How precisely did we move so quickly from the “germ games” of October 2019 – when the virus was already circulating in the US – to full-scale global lockdown by March? Why did Anthony Fauci, who in early February was downplaying the seriousness of the virus, flip to the other side (which we know from emails)? It was Fauci, according to many reporters, who tapped Deborah Birx to huddle with Trump and convince him that the only way to battle the virus was to “shut down” the economy – as if anything like that was possible much less effective for controlling a respiratory virus.

For two years now, and despite endless writing and reflection, this change from the top has puzzled me. Lockdowns contradicted not only a century of public-health practice but even WHO guidelines. Even on March 2, 2020, 850 scientists signed a letter to the White House warning against lockdowns, closures, and travel restrictions. Within days, everything changed.

I say he won't be charged with anything, let alone prosecuted. If you disagree, are you willing to bet on it? The loser makes a $10 donation to the forum. We can check back in a year to call it.

Sigh...

When our forum propagandists start to run into trouble, their go to play is more stridency....more absurdity....more bombastic over-the-top-ness. Hence, the OP. Its the equivalent of the Wicked Witch of the West proclaiming "I'm melting.....I'm melting"

I say he won't be charged with anything, let alone prosecuted. If you disagree, are you willing to bet on it? The loser makes a $10 donation to the forum. We can check back in a year to call it.
I’ll take a piece of that, and add another $10.

How ‘bout it @VySky? Your $10 against our $20. You in?

DO you think being prosecuted is the only way of being held accountable?

DO you think being prosecuted is the only way of being held accountable?
Well I guess partisan hacks could slander him with absurd conspiracy theories that everyone knows would be shredded in court. And they'd call it "accountability". If they get enough idiots parroting them, it might even have a negative impact on his career.

That's called mob justice, but I prefer to focus on the court variety.

Well I guess partisan hacks could slander him with absurd conspiracy theories that everyone knows would be shredded in court. And they'd call it "accountability". If they get enough idiots parroting them, it might even have a negative impact on his career.

That's called mob justice, but I prefer to focus on the court variety.
Really? So if Will Smith isn't arrested and prosecuted, he will never be held accountable for assaulting Chris Rock?

Really? So if Will Smith isn't arrested and prosecuted, he will never be held accountable for assaulting Chris Rock?
If you're not just playing semantic games, make your point.

As I said before, there can be consequences outside of a court. If negative consequences are 'just' and proportional to the offense, I'd call that accountability. The benefit of a formal court system is that it at least ensures some evidence is involved in the process. Nothing is perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than the political mob attacking Fauci. Will Smith is a bad comparison because he did what he did on live television in front of millions of witnesses. And it wasn't a complicated offense.

If you're not just playing semantic games, make your point.

As I said before, there can be consequences outside of a court. If negative consequences are 'just' and proportional to the offense, I'd call that accountability. The benefit of a formal court system is that it at least ensures some evidence is involved in the process. Nothing is perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than the political mob attacking Fauci. Will Smith is a bad comparison because he did what he did on live television in front of millions of witnesses. And it wasn't a complicated offense.
I made my point. There are other ways of being held accountable. It would revealed that he knew about and supported the Wuhan research that resulted in the Covid pandemic. Other than his lies to congress, perhaps it was wasn't illegal. But he would be shunned professionally and rightfully shamed publicly.

I made my point. There are other ways of being held accountable. It would revealed that he knew about and supported the Wuhan research that resulted in the Covid pandemic. Other than his lies to congress, perhaps it was wasn't illegal. But he would be shunned professionally and rightfully shamed publicly.
Conspiracy theories are tough to prove in court, so purveyors like to make excuses instead. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

At least the far right lunacy is consistent in going after Fauci even though no one but the far right is talking about him.

Talk about living rent free...

Conspiracy theories are tough to prove in court, so purveyors like to make excuses instead. Whatever helps you sleep at night.
LOL So you believe all, literally all of the bullshit your party has thrown at Trump for the last five years is all bullshit because he hasn't been arrested. That you party's January 6th Partisan Circus should be shit down and close their doors right now because it's all bullshit and and Trump will not end up in prison.

Back
Top Bottom