• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Father of Orlando nightclub shooter sat behind Clinton at Florida rally

The right wing's pretend outrage in this thread is eye-worthy in the extreme. The effort to prohibit the advancement of gay rights in this country was purely a right wing Christian fundamentalist effort. The effort to advance those rights were exclusively a progressive one.

So sure, go ahead and flaunt your pretend outrage because a homophobe went to a Clinton rally. Just don't expect to be taken seriously.

So in othrr words " pluuuueeze stop talking about it "...

Do they, at least the ones you've either been behind the candidate or picking who would be, do name checks or any vetting? Curious, since might explain why no-one noticed/cared it was the father.

Nope. Never saw check writing once, and was never asked to do it. There have been events I attended, including a few for GW Bush in 2004 when he was running for re-election, where the group behind him on the stage was selected by the campaign and events people. Those were 9/11 widows and people like that, because remember, that was the theme then. But those were rare. I went to rallies for most of the Republican candidates this year (NOT Trump and not Huckabee), and a couple of Bernie events. At some of the GOP events, I was actually in the group that was presumably going to be caught by the media. Sometimes behind, sometimes directly in front of the candidate. But we were selected, or asked I should say. And nobody ever asked for money that I saw.

And no vetting. I remember at one of the Rubio events, we were "debriefed" by his campaign people, and we also had to hand over our purses and show that our pockets were empty, probably to make sure we weren't hiding signs that said "Rubio is a dickhead" or things like that.

The right wing's pretend outrage in this thread is eye-worthy in the extreme. The effort to prohibit the advancement of gay rights in this country was purely a right wing Christian fundamentalist effort. The effort to advance those rights were exclusively a progressive one.

So sure, go ahead and flaunt your pretend outrage because a homophobe went to a Clinton rally. Just don't expect to be taken seriously.

No, it's not "right wing" outrage. It's "Trump fan outrage". Not all of us on the right are biting our nails thinking that Hillary is a closet Islam extremist.

So in othrr words " pluuuueeze stop talking about it "...

Not at all. The first amendment guarantees you your right to express pretend outrage and to make idiotic posts. It does not guarantee that you will be taken seriously.

If you want to look back at party histories, look no further than Robert Byrd and Lyndon Johnson.

Try sticking with the topic. By not denouncing, Clinton proves she is a homophobe and an Islamist radical. Maybe you can prove Trump is a homophobe. Please provide evidence.

I don't know what to say about this, honestly.

It's the inherent cognitive dissonance that will inevitably happen with identity politics being a pillar of the progressive/Democrat platform. When you pack pandering to the innumerable "special" groups out there you will run afoul of one group that conflicts with another. So here we see the pandering of the Muslim votes, that Democrats have been pushing, coming at the expense of LGBTQ community.

It's really no different than what Washington was talking about in his farewell address when he was warning about entering into alliances with other countries and how an alliance with one group will bring you to opposition with other groups and will be drawn into their conflicts.

Father of Orlando nightclub shooter sat behind Clinton at Florida rally | Washington Examiner

Orlando shooting gunman Omar Mateen father Seddique Mateen a Taliban supporter says God will punish gays - CBS News

I really have no idea what to say other than this is just strange. Does this mean Hillary is a homophobe? I really don't think so but if this guy showed up at a Trump rally that asinine claim would be made.

Dire Straits, Your Latest Trick
View attachment 67205453
View attachment 67205455
View attachment 67205456

Ugg...so pretty much this is what this election cycle is going to be, huh? No platforms, no substance, just mudslinging and muck raking. It sucks when both candidates are just bottom of the barrel garbage.

By not denouncing, Clinton proves she is a homophobe and an Islamist radical. Maybe you can prove Trump is a homophobe. Please provide evidence.

I'm not sure you quite understand what "proof" is.

He got through security, and he is sitting up close. He's being treated like a VIP.

A known Taliban sympathizer, who's son went on a killing spree, is allowed to get that f-ing close to a presidential candidate?

I would be having a serious chat with my security detail.

She knows this is as deep as the MSM will take it.

She knows she won't get the Trump treatment.

Yep. Trump got dumped on for being endorsed by David Duke, but Hillary being cheered by a Islamic Radical supporter? Nope...nothing to see here folks!

No, it's not "right wing" outrage. It's "Trump fan outrage". Not all of us on the right are biting our nails thinking that Hillary is a closet Islam extremist.

True. I'm usually careful to insert a qualifier like "fundamentalist" (or "hack" or "extremist") into a post where I'm discussing who specifically among the right wing is guilty of a behavior. Thus far, nobody in the conservative camp who's also concerned with appearing reasonable has happily taken part in the Clinton bashing in this particular instance.

The guy is more then a homophobe. He's the father of a mass murderer (or as Obama et al would term it "Mass Shooter") and a Taliban supporter.

If you want to look back at party histories, look no further than Robert Byrd and Lyndon Johnson.

Try sticking with the topic. By not denouncing, Clinton proves she is a homophobe and an Islamist radical. Maybe you can prove Trump is a homophobe. Please provide evidence.

Ahahahahahaa. Yes, Mateen shows up at a Clinton rally, ergo she is an Islamist radical. If she denounced him it would have no impact on you, because only irrational people believe that Mateen's presence suggests such things.

True. I'm usually careful to insert a qualifier like "fundamentalist" (or "hack" or "extremist") into a post where I'm discussing who specifically among the right wing is guilty of a behavior. Thus far, nobody in the conservative camp who's also concerned with appearing reasonable has happily taken part in the Clinton bashing in this particular instance.

Fundamentalist, hack, extremist, clueless brainwashed Trumpkin.....they every often are all of the above.

The guy is more then a homophobe. He's the father of a mass murderer (or as Obama et al would term it "Mass Shooter") and a Taliban supporter.

Okay, so right wing Christian fundamentalists are Homophobes, while radical Muslims are Homophobe Extreme™. That is very boast-worthy. Way to go.

Exactly what right do gays do not have?

Ugg...so pretty much this is what this election cycle is going to be, huh? No platforms, no substance, just mudslinging and muck raking. It sucks when both candidates are just bottom of the barrel garbage.

Clinton panders to 30 or 40 people at her rallies. They won't ever pan the cameras. Trump outlines policies in front of 15,000 cheering supporters and a national audience at his rallies. And people talk about no substance, blah, blah, blah. Has any Clinton supporter ever listened to a Trump rally all the way through and made an intellectually honest assessment of his points?

Exactly what right do gays do not have?

Well the same sex marriage thing is slowly getting itself ironed out. Once they're a protected class that'll probably be the end of it. At the current rate I'm guessing they'll have all the same legal rights heterosexuals have inside of five years.

How does Clinton prove she's an Islamist radical again?

So now it's shameful to have the father of a mass shooter come to your rally? I didn't realize in America we were shunning people for things they didn't do.

Back
Top Bottom