• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Father of Orlando nightclub shooter sat behind Clinton at Florida rally

You should condemn not only his endorsement, but his presence at Clinton's event.
Last time I looked this was still a free country where anyone can endorse anyone else and can go anywhere the public is welcome. Now if you can cite some legal grounds based on which the man could be barred form public events and or endorsing a political candidate, by all means do so, so we can all wonder what subterfuge allowed that man the ability to exercise his rights, or in the least show where his "endorsement" was sought, but till then your post is nothing more than partisan hackery.

Like Father like Son ?

Or a Family that supports Hillary together hates hates Homosexuals together ??

Or how about this, a family that prays for Gays to die together stays together ??

So?

Both candidates are worse then useless, but what difference does it make?

Is Hillary going to handle the economy worse because some ding dong is sitting behind her during one of umpteen speeches she gives?

Um, okay? I've probably been to at least 500 political rallies since 2000. I've been onstage, behind the candidates, at many of them. I've also been part of the group that selects the people to be visible behind the candidate. We never asked them "Do you have a family member who shot anyone recently?" or "What's your view on men sleeping with other men?".

How does him being at a rally and being one of the people selected to be on the cameras behind the candidate equate to "Hillary hates homosexuals" and "Hillary supports Muslim terrorism"?

My first thought is... 500 ****ing political rallies? That is really how you spend your time?

And for all those tbat go to all these rallies... look how screwed up America is az a result of following politicians.

Last time I looked this was still a free country where anyone can endorse anyone else and can go anywhere the public is welcome. Now if you can cite some legal grounds based on which the man could be barred form public events and or endorsing a political candidate, by all means do so, so we can all wonder what subterfuge allowed that man the ability to exercise his rights, or in the least show where his "endorsement" was sought, but till then your post is nothing more than partisan hackery.

Orlando shooting gunman Omar Mateen father Seddique Mateen a Taliban supporter says God will punish gays - CBS News

And you and everybody else has the right to judge by association any candidate who refuses to condemn supporters like Omar Matin's father

When did I call myself a "Rally Groupie"?

When you said that you gonto 500 rallies in 16 years.

Over 30 rallies a year.

More than 2 rallies a month

One rally every two weeks

... on average.

DAMN!!!

My first thought is... 500 ****ing political rallies? That is really how you spend your time?

And for all those tbat go to all these rallies... look how screwed up America is az a result of following politicians.

No, it isn't "really how I spend my time".

Wow. This is an awesome contribution to the discussion.

I wasnt being mean... just wowzered.

I golf more than you go to rallies and yes... these things are how we spend our time.

I wasnt being mean... just wowzered.

I golf more than you go to rallies and yes... these things are how we spend our time.

I don't spend my time going to rallies. I haven't been to a rally since the primary was over last February.

Wow. This is an awesome contribution to the discussion.

Perhaps you could contribute to this discussion by answering the question of yours to which I politely requested a reply earlier. I defer to you as the world's foremost authority in all matters relating to political rallies.

Perhaps you could contribute to this discussion by answering the question of yours to which I politely requested a reply earlier. I defer to you as the world's foremost authority in all matters relating to political rallies.

Sarcasm is polite. Oh yes, I forgot. You're a Trump supporter. You have no idea what polite society is.

I think a lot of this is a little tounge and cheek outrage. When an outspoken white nationalist like Duke supports Trump. The left first points to the endorsement as proof that Trump us racist, and his not immediate renouncing as proof he supports Dukes ideals.

Now a know anti homosexual and father of terrorist supports Hillary and the same standard is not applied. So the right is having fun watching the left justify their partisan hypocrisy.

Will Clinton renounce?

That's why I don't know what to say about this.

What's there to say? It was an open door event. The most amount of screening was probably just to make nobody attending was on a watch list. The Democratic party doesn't go out of its way to alienate every conceivable demographic outside of white Christians, so you're going to get a lot more diversity, and not all the views of those attending will be predictable or desirable.

Now on the other hand, if it should come out that not only was the Clinton campaign fully aware of his presence but that they deliberately placed him behind Clinton, that would definitely be WTF-worthy.

Are right-wingers upset that this man says "God will punish the gays?"

"Hey! That's OUR line!"

Orlando shooting gunman Omar Mateen father Seddique Mateen a Taliban supporter says God will punish gays - CBS News

And you and everybody else has the right to judge by association any candidate who refuses to condemn supporters like Omar Matin's father
Did you think that homophobia was an evangelical and right wing exclusive?
Any support of any candidate, that is not sought, is nothing more than the exercising of a right guaranteed by the Constitution and no reflection of the candidate. Both candidates have condemned the attack.

I think a lot of this is a little tounge and cheek outrage. When an outspoken white nationalist like Duke supports Trump. The left first points to the endorsement as proof that Trump us racist, and his not immediate renouncing as proof he supports Dukes ideals.

Now a know anti homosexual and father of terrorist supports Hillary and the same standard is not applied. So the right is having fun watching the left justify their partisan hypocrisy.

And when their hypocrisy becomes so blatantly apparent, all they have left to fall back on is their smarmy, angry little personal attacks and obvious deflection. Why are they so easily offended?

Um, okay? I've probably been to at least 500 political rallies since 2000. I've been onstage, behind the candidates, at many of them. I've also been part of the group that selects the people to be visible behind the candidate. We never asked them "Do you have a family member who shot anyone recently?" or "What's your view on men sleeping with other men?".

How does him being at a rally and being one of the people selected to be on the cameras behind the candidate equate to "Hillary hates homosexuals" and "Hillary supports Muslim terrorism"?

Do they, at least the ones you've either been behind the candidate or picking who would be, do name checks or any vetting? Curious, since might explain why no-one noticed/cared it was the father.

Did you think that homophobia was an evangelical and right wing exclusive?
Any support of any candidate, that is not sought, is nothing more than the exercising of a right guaranteed by the Constitution and no reflection of the candidate. Both candidates have condemned the attack.

Unless that candidate is Donald Trump. Trumps a racist if the KKK endorses him but Omar Mateens father is just exercising his rights.

And Christians dont pray for God to kill gays so comparing " right wing Evangelicals " to people like Omar Mateens father is dishonest

We believe that we're all sinners and therefore hate the sin and not the Sinner.

Unless that candidate is Donald Trump. Trumps a racist if the KKK endorses him but Omar Mateens father is just exercising his rights.

And Christians dont pray for God to kill gays so comparing " right wing Evangelicals " to people like Omar Mateens father is dishonest

We believe that we're all sinners and therefore hate the sin and not the Sinner.

The right wing's pretend outrage in this thread is eye-worthy in the extreme. The effort to prohibit the advancement of gay rights in this country was purely a right wing Christian fundamentalist effort. The effort to advance those rights were exclusively a progressive one.

So sure, go ahead and flaunt your pretend outrage because a homophobe went to a Clinton rally. Just don't expect to be taken seriously.

Show me where I said Trump was racist because of that endorsement, but since you can not because I did not, keep your partisan generalizations to yourself.

A homophobe is a homophobe is a homophobe and the degree is hardly relevant when one prays to God to kill them and the other just wants to deny them rights.

Good, live by it and let others live by their convictions.

According to a news source, Seddique was invited by the Florida DNC. Fenton cited the a source earlier. I think it was a network affiliate.

Father of Orlando nightclub shooter sat behind Clinton at Florida rally | Washington Examiner

I really have no idea what to say other than this is just strange. Does this mean Hillary is a homophobe? I really don't think so but if this guy showed up at a Trump rally that asinine claim would be made.

Dire Straits, Your Latest Trick
View attachment 67205453
View attachment 67205455
View attachment 67205456

The Twilight Zone!

The right wing's pretend outrage in this thread is eye-worthy in the extreme. The effort to prohibit the advancement of gay rights in this country was purely a right wing Christian fundamentalist effort. The effort to advance those rights were exclusively a progressive one.

So sure, go ahead and flaunt your pretend outrage because a homophobe went to a Clinton rally. Just don't expect to be taken seriously.

No "Special" Rights for gays!

Back
Top Bottom