• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Father of Orlando nightclub shooter sat behind Clinton at Florida rally

Without your help, nobody will ever know the difference between "denounce" and "disavow."

So, I guess you're not going to tell us the difference. And even if you did tell us the difference, nobody would care. After all, Hillary is nothing but a pathological liar. What fool would believe anything she says?

No, especially if I were convinced he really did believe in the Biblical tenants of the Christian faith since it's clearly written that homosexuality is an abomination to God. All he'd be doing is re-enforcing what Scripture says on two counts:

1. Homosexuality is a sin and an abomination to God.

2. One should repent (turn away from) of their sins (particularly those that separate man from God).

Now, if he went any further than that and spoke in a way/tone that made it clear he didn't necessarily adhere to the tenant of "love they neighbor...hate the sin, not the sinner" despite his petition to the Evangelical crowd, then I'd condemn him and rightly so. But to your basic question, no. I wouldn't call Donald Trump a homophobe under the situation you've described.

Fair enough. Thank you.

For Jill Abramson, a former New York times editor, to have to use an adjective to modify an absolute isn't the best evidence to support your reply. Go ahead, try again.

Argumentum ad hominem. Now do you have an actual retort to her article?

What I get from the video it could be that he is on a mailing list. I am sure the DNC isn't looking for anti-gay people to sit in on their rallys.

There's no reason for the DNC or the Florida DC to put anyone in view of observers who misrepresents the demographics they are targeting. LGBT is just as vital to them as blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, etc. Even knowing most Muslims are in fact anti-gay, they still won't intentionally alienate LGBT community.

No doubt this man is on someone's mailing list, just as I am on many myself. Like I said, I get these invitations all the time. Hillary Clinton is a deceitful manipulating bitch, but stupid she ain't. She wouldn't have allowed that man to sit there had she had any idea who it was. Trump makes an unforced error a day, and each time it happens, it benefits her. She has a staff of 600 people making sure she wins. If she said "I want to put an anti-gay Islam supporter whose son killed lots of people with guns behind me on the nationally televised event", someone would stop her. But she wouldn't do that anyway. The woman knows how to campaign.

Argumentum ad hominem. Now do you have an actual retort to her article?

Hillary Clinton is not honest. There are not degrees of honesty. Honesty is like pregnancy, either you are are you are not. Abramson falls into that long grey line of pathetic sycophants. Her article is not worth the paper it is written on.

So there! Now, go ahead, try again.

Hillary Clinton is not honest. There are not degrees of honesty. Honesty is like pregnancy, either you are are you are not. Abramson falls into that long grey line of pathetic sycophants. Her article is not worth the paper it is written on.

So there! Now, go ahead, try again.

Your response was all fluff and no substance. Reasonable evidence for your position is what I am looking for, and you have yet to provide it.

Your response was all fluff and no substance. Reasonable evidence for your position is what I am looking for, and you have yet to provide it.

My response was my response. I am the judge of what is reasonable. When you stop pitching flawed premises, maybe we'll talk.

My response was my response. I am the judge of what is reasonable. When you stop pitching flawed premises, maybe we'll talk.

I accept your surrender. :)

There's no reason for the DNC or the Florida DC to put anyone in view of observers who misrepresents the demographics they are targeting. LGBT is just as vital to them as blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, etc. Even knowing most Muslims are in fact anti-gay, they still won't intentionally alienate LGBT community.

No doubt this man is on someone's mailing list, just as I am on many myself. Like I said, I get these invitations all the time. Hillary Clinton is a deceitful manipulating bitch, but stupid she ain't. She wouldn't have allowed that man to sit there had she had any idea who it was. Trump makes an unforced error a day, and each time it happens, it benefits her. She has a staff of 600 people making sure she wins. If she said "I want to put an anti-gay Islam supporter whose son killed lots of people with guns behind me on the nationally televised event", someone would stop her. But she wouldn't do that anyway. The woman knows how to campaign.

I agree. It is pure spin, just like the situation with the guy sitting behind Trump. The main reason I started this thread was to show the disparity of treatment between two obviously similar situations.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom