• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Father of fallen American Muslim soldier offers to lend Trump his pocket Constitution

Dittohead not!

master political analyst
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
[h=1]Father of fallen American Muslim soldier offers to lend Trump his pocket Constitution
[/h]
“Donald Trump, you're asking Americans to trust you with their future. Let me ask you, have you even read the United States Constitution? I will gladly lend you my copy,” Khan said, removing a pocket Constitution from his suit jacket, to roaring applause in the arena. “In this document, look for the words, look for the words ‘liberty’ and ‘equal protection of law.’”

Maybe he'd read it if he had a copy.

Or, maybe not.

Re: Father of fallen American Muslim soldier offers to lend Trump his pocket Constitu

Did he remember to give a copy to the democrats?

Re: Father of fallen American Muslim soldier offers to lend Trump his pocket Constitu

IMO the gentleman's point is neither valid nor relevant.

The U.S. Constitution is the founding law of our land; outlining the powers and restrictions on our government, and protections applicable to the rights of our citizens.

The following is the actual published Trump statement turned into the "Ban ALL Muslims" (both foreign and citizen) meme we keep hearing decried by people like the speaker.

“Total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.”

Donald Trump Calls for Banning Muslim Immigrants - The Atlantic

Anyone reading it without prejudice would presume he was referring to immigrants and migrants. Yet people with a clear bias have lumped American Muslim citizens into this as well.

Trump has never said anything in any immigration issue speech applying to American citizens, whether of Mexican, Arabic, or any other descent.

Now:

1. The U.S. Constitution is applicable to citizens of the U.S.A.. It does not apply to citizens of foreign nations visiting or seeking entry. What part of the Constitution must we read concerning this?

2. To the best of my knowledge Trump has never said a single word about applying his policy regarding immigration to American citizens who are also Muslims.

People really need to start reading source materials for comprehension, and stop assuming that media reporting is unbiased, when it clearly is not.

Last edited:

The U.S. Constitution is the founding law of our land; outlining the powers and restrictions on our government, and protections applicable to the rights of our citizens.

The following is the actual published Trump statement turned into the "Ban ALL Muslims" (both foreign and citizen) meme we keep hearing decried by people like the speaker.

Anyone reading it without prejudice would presume he was referring to immigrants and migrants. Yet people with a clear bias have lumped American Muslim citizens into this as well.

Trump has never said anything in any immigration issue speech applying to American citizens, whether of Mexican, Arabic, or any other descent.

Now:

1. The U.S. Constitution is applicable to citizens of the U.S.A.. It does not apply to citizens of foreign nations visiting or seeking entry. What part of the Constitution must we read concerning this?

2. To the best of my knowledge Trump has never said a single word about applying his policy regarding immigration to American citizens who are also Muslims.

People really need to start reading source materials for comprehension, and stop assuming that media reporting is unbiased, when it clearly is not.

There's nothing in his statement that excludes US citizens. However, he did later clarify:
"This does not apply to people living in the country, except that we have to be vigilant," he told Fox News

Which still sounds like he's suggesting unconstitutional surveillance.

There's nothing in his statement that excludes US citizens. However, he did later clarify:

"This does not apply to people living in the country, except that we have to be vigilant," he told Fox News

Which still sounds like he's suggesting unconstitutional surveillance.

Really?

Then I suppose this quote: "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty," (or some variant of same) which has been used by a number of American political leaders over the years should be interpreted as they were all "suggesting unconstitutional surveillance?" :roll:

Powerful speech, except for the part where he implored me to vote for Hillary when I wanted to vomit. I just can't bring myself to vote for four more years of a liberal Democrat president writing federal regulations and appointing federal judges. Sorry, but I just can't do it. In this case, I'll take the "bigot" over the "crook."

Now:

and applying a religious test to immigrants is still unconstitutional, as is much of what Trump proposes. Who, for example, does he think makes the laws? The president?

and applying a religious test to immigrants is still unconstitutional, as is much of what Trump proposes. Who, for example, does he think makes the laws? The president?

Maybe one should ask Obama your question of " Who, for example, does he think makes the laws? The president?"

I agree that one should not apply a "religious test" to immigration. However, bet there are ways to find out if a person believes in terrorists groups actions.

So what is your answer to reducing or eliminating the risk of having a terrorist enter this country?

Maybe one should ask Obama your question of " Who, for example, does he think makes the laws? The president?"

I agree that one should not apply a "religious test" to immigration. However, bet there are ways to find out if a person believes in terrorists groups actions.

So what is your answer to reducing or eliminating the risk of having a terrorist enter this country?

By building walls to keep people out and subverting the Constitution? No, that won't work. How about intelligence to know who is a radicalized Muslim and keep them out?

By building walls to keep people out and subverting the Constitution? No, that won't work. How about intelligence to know who is a radicalized Muslim and keep them out?

Wouldn't you have to ask them their religion first? Then ask for their view of that religion?

I agree we need to keep radicalized Muslims out.

Wouldn't you have to ask them their religion first? Then ask for their view of that religion?

I agree we need to keep radicalized Muslims out.

Ask them? And expect a straight answer from a radical Muslim?

Ask them? And expect a straight answer from a radical Muslim?

How do you determine a radical Muslim from a non radical Muslim?

Religion comes into play, does it not?

Not really. Both are Muslims. One is willing to give up their lives to kill infidels. Not all Muslims are radical jihadis, not by any means. If they were, we'd be facing a billion and a half terrorists.

Do you think the American soldier who died in service to his country, or the father who questions Trump's knowledge of the Constitution are radical Islamists who want to attack the US?

Not really. Both are Muslims. One is willing to give up their lives to kill infidels. Not all Muslims are radical jihadis, not by any means. If they were, we'd be facing a billion and a half terrorists.

Do you think the American soldier who died in service to his country, or the father who questions Trump's knowledge of the Constitution are radical Islamists who want to attack the US?

You really didn't answer my question of How do you determine a radical Muslim from a non radical Muslim? What you gave was the difference, but not how you would determine it.

As far as your question back at me.. No , I doubt the father is a radical Muslim. Nor are those who have served the US honorable.

Was Nidal Malik Hasan (Fort Hood shooter) a radical Muslim?

You really didn't answer my question of How do you determine a radical Muslim from a non radical Muslim? What you gave was the difference, but not how you would determine it.

As far as your question back at me.. No , I doubt the father is a radical Muslim. Nor are those who have served the US honorable.

Was Nidal Malik Hasan (Fort Hood shooter) a radical Muslim?

How do you determine a radical Muslim from a non radical Muslim? You have to look at his words and actions.

And, then, if you can't tell the difference, do you have to go fight against all Muslims?

Powerful speech, except for the part where he implored me to vote for Hillary when I wanted to vomit. I just can't bring myself to vote for four more years of a liberal Democrat president writing federal regulations and appointing federal judges. Sorry, but I just can't do it. In this case, I'll take the "bigot" over the "crook."

Um, I suggest you take another look. Rumors abound from die-hard Trump supporters that they do not mind if he was to become "president for life," since they believe without questioning his "Only I can fix America." statement.

We salute Captain Khan.

What Trump has said about the Captain's mother is absolutely disgusting. I suggest that his stooges officially called surrogates start to think about what they are to say. A couple of his minions like this Boris guy and a couple of Trump's female surrogates I noticed are now speaking rapidly and higher pitched about this subject.

How do you determine a pedophile priest from a non-pedophile priest?

How do you determine a drug-dealing black man from a hard-working law-abiding black man?

How do you determine what Trump called raping, murdering Mexicans from hard-working, law-abiding Mexicans?

In other words, the Right needs to learn to stop making assumptions about people based on their outward appearance.

Um, I suggest you take another look. Rumors abound from die-hard Trump supporters that they do not mind if he was to become "president for life," since they believe without questioning his "Only I can fix America." statement.

The thought of Ruth Bader Ginsberg clones ruling from their thrones on Mt. Olympus for the next thirty-plus years gives me the creeps. It's much closer to the reality of a dictatorship than the idea of a Trump putsch put forth by hysterical "Oh, noz! Trump will destroy us all!" tinhats.

How do you determine a pedophile priest from a non-pedophile priest?

How do you determine a drug-dealing black man from a hard-working law-abiding black man?

How do you determine what Trump called raping, murdering Mexicans from hard-working, law-abiding Mexicans?

In other words, the Right needs to learn to stop making assumptions about people based on their outward appearance.

You should quit making assumption about posters.

and thanks for answering a question with questions. I won't dignify your post by responding to your irrelevant questions to the subject being discussed.

I have stated in replies to another poster than one should not apply a religious test to immigration.

Are you satisfied with what the Feds are doing to minimize terrorist attacks? Is it not true the more recent terrorist attacks world wide have come from radicalized Muslims?

Really?

Then I suppose this quote: "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty," (or some variant of same) which has been used by a number of American political leaders over the years should be interpreted as they were all "suggesting unconstitutional surveillance?" :roll:

Really. Is it constitutional to conduct surveillance on anyone seen at a particular place of worship? Or conduct searches and compile a database of everyone of a certain religion?

Back
Top Bottom