• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Father Disowns Homophobic Daughter in Epic Letter

I just don't understand how DNA makes it ok to abuse people. Sorry. I just don't buy this.

She is an abuser. For him to stand around and say nothing about it is a far greater tragedy than for him to do this. At least now, maybe the kid will realize someone still loves him.

DNA is not a good enough reason to allow bad people to hurt others, or to hurt you.

Also, we don't know who posted this letter. Could have been the son. Could have been his mother, hoping for sympathy.

She is an abuser?

Do you know something I don't know? I know absolutely nothing about who did what :shrug: She could be completely fine, sweet, and normal and he just has serious issues for all I know.

She is an abuser?

Do you know something I don't know? I know absolutely nothing about who did what :shrug: She could be completely fine, sweet, and normal and he just has serious issues for all I know.

Oh - i see what I'm missing, the rest of the letter. LOL

As a question of semantics, why do some people insist upon referring to people who reject homosexual lifestyles and being in some imagined fashion "phobic?"

We don't call people who eschew other things which they find distasteful or grotesque as "phobics."

1.)As a question of semantics, why do some people insist upon referring to people who reject homosexual lifestyles and being in some imagined fashion "phobic?"

2.) We don't call people who eschew other things which they find distasteful or grotesque as "phobics."

1.) because SOME of those people are in fact afraid
2.) actually we do
The Phobia List

1.) because SOME of those people are in fact afraid
2.) actually we do
The Phobia List

I don't think they're "afraid." What exactly are they afraid of? I think they might feel disgusted more than afraid, if you want to be completely honest about it.

But generally not in causal conversation. It's the sort of semantic device guaranteed to inhibit acceptance and understanding.

Kind of like bullying.

Funny how people say if you don't accept homosexual sex then you must be either "afraid" of some imaginary gay boogie man or you are a bigot. It's just not true. I can accept a person for what they are but that doesn't mean I have to accept any of the activities that a person engages in.

I don't think this "letter" passes the smell test. I would have to know a LOT more about about the situation to even acknowledge that the letter is legit, much less make judgments about its content.

But, of course, the real reason it was published was to stir up controversy and harden people against each other. Given the content of this thread, mission accomplished.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Disowning your own child is a terrible thing.
I agree, but one is a wrong and the other is a WRONG.

I don't think they're "afraid." What exactly are they afraid of? I think they might feel disgusted more than afraid, if you want to be completely honest about it.

some of them definitely are, have you read some of the people here listing their fears about thier kids turning gay if they are told not to think its gross or they dont want to be around gays because they dont want touched or some guy trying to make out with them or even freaking out when a gay almost "touched them"

not only is that fear its stupidity and ignorance like you can catch "gay" and they are all rapists lol

"SOME" people are very much afraid and not only is that honest its factual. Now of course its not all but its definitely some.

some of them definitely are, have you read some of the people here listing their fears about thier kids turning gay if they are told not to think its gross or they dont want to be around gays because they dont want touched or some guy trying to make out with them or even freaking out when a gay almost "touched them"

not only is that fear its stupidity and ignorance like you can catch "gay" and they are all rapists lol

"SOME" people are very much afraid and not only is that honest its factual. Now of course its not all but its definitely some.

I see very FEW people who feel that way. There's nothing wrong with wanting to keep your children away from that which you consider to be a negative influence either.

CHILDREN are impressionable.

But generally not in causal conversation. It's the sort of semantic device guaranteed to inhibit acceptance and understanding.

not sure what you mean, i have heard of other phobias in casual conversation for sure
also in general id say its one of the more common topics to have casual

further explain please, i may ageree

Funny how people say if you don't accept homosexual sex then you must be either "afraid" of some imaginary gay boogie man or you are a bigot. It's just not true. I can accept a person for what they are but that doesn't mean I have to accept any of the activities that a person engages in.

nobody is a bigot for not "Accepting" it
you are a bigot if you try to stop equal rights
ive never seen anybody call someone here a bigot for simply not accepting it in their thoughts

Spot on. The goal of many SSM supporters is to intimidate more moderate opponents into silence. All the voices remaining are strident ones that are easy to refute.

I completely agree. They try to use tactics of humiliation and bullying to those who disagree with homosexuality. No, everyone does not have to "accept" homosexuality, as long as people aren't mistreating or being abusive to that particular group of people. TOLERANCE does not equal acceptance.

nobody is a bigot for not "Accepting" it
you are a bigot if you try to stop equal rights
ive never seen anybody call someone here a bigot for simply not accepting it in their thoughts

Well I have. I was called an evil bigot for calling a transgendered person selfish.

throwing away your child who is doing wrong is nothing more than surrendering your parenting... it's an abject failure of parenting.

you don't know what the grandkids thinks or feels... nor do i.
but i would be willing to wager that kids wants the mom to do right and still be around.... kids have an odd habit of loving their parents.

the proper course of action is one that will maximize happiness for all parties... to save the family and not throw it away and act like that is a solution to anything.
the grandfather needs to enlist some professional help.. his course of action isn't solving anything...
he might feel he's doing right, but he's wrong .. he probably just doesn't know how to fix it .. . his decisions are based on frustration and hatred, which is never a good state to be in while making decisions.

he's right to be pissed at his child, her behavior is atrocious... but I truly believe he needs to try to solve the problem and not throw it all away and pretend it's helping.
Every family relationship has history we're not privy to in a letter.
If this story is true, then this grandfather is atypically sensitive and empathetic. For a person like that to do something this drastic, there is probably some back story about this "mother" (which is also evidenced by the fact that she can do this).

Also, a real disowning doesn't end with an opportunity to undo it.

1.)I see very FEW people who feel that way.
2.)There's nothing wrong with wanting to keep your children away from that which you consider to be a negative influence either.

3.)CHILDREN are impressionable.

1.) not me the vase majority of people against gays i encounter have a fear one way or another, what if he looks at me or touches me or he drank from that glass etc. its stupidity at its finest.
Hell my step brother was like this for a while

2.) I wouldnt say because its not true but as long as its none in civil fashion to each their own

3.) yep but they will never catch gay ;)

I completely agree. They try to use tactics of humiliation and bullying to those who disagree with homosexuality. No, everyone does not have to "accept" homosexuality, as long as people aren't mistreating or being abusive to that particular group of people. TOLERANCE does not equal acceptance.

agreed with the bolded
do you see large amounts of people that just want total acceptance? i dont

Well I have. I was called an evil bigot for calling a transgendered person selfish.

well thats nonsense based on what little you told me
why did you call the transgendered person selfish?

but probably not matter your reason having an opinion a person is selfish doesnt seem bigoted at all lol

1.) not me the vase majority of people against gays i encounter have a fear one way or another, what if he looks at me or touches me or he drank from that glass etc. its stupidity at its finest.
Hell my step brother was like this for a while

Well, I don't know what kind of people you know, but most people I know are intelligent enough to realize that it isn't a contagious disease. They must be some real stupid people.

2.) I wouldnt say because its not true but as long as its none in civil fashion to each their own

That is YOUR opinion. Fortunately, you don't get to decide what others expose their impressionable children to. Part of living in a FREE country.

3.) yep but they will never catch gay ;)

No, but they could be convinced to "try" it. It happens all the time. Not saying that gay people are predators, but to make the point as to how impressionable children are, why do you think a lot of predators target children? Because it's easy, that's why.

agreed with the bolded
do you see large amounts of people that just want total acceptance? i dont

Yes I do. I see it from you all the time. Why is it important for you that people accept gay sex anyway? Gathomas for example is obviously creeped out by homosexual sex, and because of that you accuse him of being gay. That makes you a bully.

well thats nonsense based on what little you told me
why did you call the transgendered person selfish?

but probably not matter your reason having an opinion a person is selfish doesnt seem bigoted at all lol

Of course it isn't bigoted. There are plenty of heterosexual people who are selfish too. I thought this guy was selfish for making his children's lives more difficult in order to placate his own demons and having his SRS while they were still children, dealing with all the things kids have to put up. Bottom line, when you have kids, THEY come first.

Back
Top Bottom