• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Father Disowns Homophobic Daughter in Epic Letter

This is kind of anecdotal but while comparing the father and daughter consider what emotion motivated each of them.

One was love and one was hate.
A hate that overpowered maternal instinct.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Disowning your own child is a terrible thing.

there's nothing my children can do to make me disown them....... they can turn into a full on modern day Hitler and I still can't disown them.

I can hate **** they do, I hate all sorts of **** they believe... but i can counsel them on those actions or beliefs.
disowning is crossing a line I can't and won't cross.

but meh, now we know why his daughter is a heartless bitch... she was raised that way.

there's nothing my children can do to make me disown them....... they can turn into a full on modern day Hitler and I still can't disown them.

I can hate **** they do, I hate all sorts of **** they believe... but i can counsel them on those actions or beliefs.
disowning is crossing a line I can't and won't cross.

but meh, now we know why his daughter is a heartless bitch... she was raised that way.

if my child became hitler id have no problem killing them myself
sorry my emotions simply could never cloud my judgment, morals and logical that much

if my child became hitler id have no problem killing them myself
sorry my emotions simply could never cloud my judgment, morals and logical that much

if you child becomes Hitler and you kill them..I would hope you follow that up by eating your own bullet for being an abject failure as a parent.
I wouldn't kill my kid, but I sure as hell wouldn't stand idly by either... there would be hell to pay

I don't buy into the notion that parenting ends when the kids turn 18.... parenting ends the day I die.

1.)if you child becomes Hitler and you kill them..I would hope you follow that up by eating your own bullet for being an abject failure as a parent.
2.) I wouldn't kill my kid, but I sure as hell wouldn't stand idly by either... there would be hell to pay

3.) I don't buy into the notion that parenting ends when the kids turn 18.... parenting ends the day I die.

1.) what makes me a failed parent, what if they just went mental or were a born sociopath that got worse over time, that would have nothing to do with me.

in fact IMO if that was the case and i fixed the problem and id say i was a success as a parent.

but i guess just sitting back and letting my kid kill millions, you know so i can keep the good parent title, would be better.

no thanks ill kill them dead and if you want to label me a failed parent ill get a tattoo and wear that label with pride because of the millions of lives i saved.

like i said my emotions simply could never cloud my judgment, morals and logical that much

2.) seems to me "hell to pay" wouldnt work well on "hitler", just saying you could end up in an oven yourself

3.) me neither, never even suggested it but there are definitely things that would make me cut ties, few and very specific, being hitler is one of them lol
age would not be one of them.

Last edited:
1.) what makes me a failed parent, what if they just went mental or were a born sociopath that got worse over time, that would have nothing to do with.

in fact IMO if that was the case and i fixed the problem i said i was a success as a parent.

but i guess just sitting back and letting my kid kill millions, you know so i can keep the good parent title.

no thanks ill kill them dead and if you want to label me a failed parent ill get a tattoo and wear that label with pride because of the millions of lives i saved.

like i said my emotions simply could never cloud my judgment, morals and logical that much

2.) seems to me "hell to pay" wouldnt work well on "hitler", just saying you could end up in an oven yourself

3.) me neither, never even suggested it but there are definitely things that would make me cut ties, few and very specific, being hitler is one of them lol
age would not be one of them.

I think you are talking the Hitler thing a bit too far... we can get back ot reality now ( i shouldn't have went with hyperbole, it's my fault)

if there is a mental defect, then it's your job to try to help your child.... not throw him/her away.
if your child is an asshole, try to help the kid change their ways... don't throw him her away like yesterdays trash.

if the kid ends up killing millions, well.. it's out of your hands anyways... others will kill the kid long before you get the gumption to do so..

anyways, this father is no hero.. he's a failed father with a child who is a failed mother... there's a trend there that hopefully the grandchild can avoid.

....so, while we are in the business of disowning our children, I think I’ll take this moment to say goodbye to you. I now have a fabulous (as the gays put it) grandson to raise, and I don’t have time for heart-less B-word of a daughter. If you find your heart, give us a call. – Dad."

Yahoo Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs

It didn't read as legit to me but if it is then I'm glad that Chad has someone to stand up for him.

Well, I wouldn't have handled it that way, but I'm really glad the boy has people who love and support him through all this. He's been completely rejected by the person who gave birth to him and is supposed to love him unconditionally. That's really fu*ked up. I can't think of one thing my kid could ever do that would make me turn my back on her forever. Not ONE. Hopefully she comes to her senses before it's too late. The ball is squarely in her court.

1.)I think you are talking the Hitler thing a bit too far... we can get back ot reality now ( i shouldn't have went with hyperbole, it's my fault)

2.)if there is a mental defect, then it's your job to try to help your child.... not throw him/her away.
3.) if your child is an asshole, try to help the kid change their ways... don't throw him her away like yesterdays trash.
4.) if the kid ends up killing millions, well.. it's out of your hands anyways... others will kill the kid long before you get the gumption to do so..
5.) anyways, this father is no hero.. he's a failed father with a child who is a failed mother...
6.) there's a trend there that hopefully the grandchild can avoid.

1.) lol i didnt take it to far, its what you said, not my fault im using your own words againt you ;)
2.) sometimes yes, if he cant be helped and is a mass killer, no
3.) yes absolutely
4.) wrong, not me, if its my kid he doesnt even make it to his first 200 unless they are all together
5.) i totally disagree he is a hero to his grandson and to an abandon child (minor)
the mother currently is a failed mother and obviously didnt learn her ignorant bigoted hatred way from her day going by what we know so far
not to mention he gave her the option to return

6.) i dont see any trend and while its possible he could follow in his piece of crap mothers footsteps and suffer truma from this my guess is since he know first hand what ignorance and bigotry can do he will learn very well how not to be a failed parent like his mother

1.) lol i didnt take it to far, its what you said, not my fault im using your own words againt you ;)
2.) sometimes yes, if he cant be helped and is a mass killer, no
3.) yes absolutely
4.) wrong, not me, if its my kid he doesnt even make it to his first 200 unless they are all together
5.) i totally disagree he is a hero to his grandson and to an abandon child (minor)
the mother currently is a failed mother and obviously didnt learn her ignorant bigoted hatred way from her day going by what we know so far
not to mention he gave her the option to return

6.) i dont see any trend and while its possible he could follow in his piece of crap mothers footsteps and suffer truma from this my guess is since he know first hand what ignorance and bigotry can do he will learn very well how not to be a failed parent like his mother

throwing away your child who is doing wrong is nothing more than surrendering your parenting... it's an abject failure of parenting.

you don't know what the grandkids thinks or feels... nor do i.
but i would be willing to wager that kids wants the mom to do right and still be around.... kids have an odd habit of loving their parents.

the proper course of action is one that will maximize happiness for all parties... to save the family and not throw it away and act like that is a solution to anything.
the grandfather needs to enlist some professional help.. his course of action isn't solving anything...
he might feel he's doing right, but he's wrong .. he probably just doesn't know how to fix it .. . his decisions are based on frustration and hatred, which is never a good state to be in while making decisions.

he's right to be pissed at his child, her behavior is atrocious... but I truly believe he needs to try to solve the problem and not throw it all away and pretend it's helping.

Well, I wouldn't have handled it that way, but I'm really glad the boy has people who love and support him through all this. He's been completely rejected by the person who gave birth to him and is supposed to love him unconditionally. That's really fu*ked up. I can't think of one thing my kid could ever do that would make me turn my back on her forever. Not ONE. Hopefully she comes to her senses before it's too late. The ball is squarely in her court.

I agree.. except for the last sentence.

1.)throwing away your child who is doing wrong is nothing more than surrendering your parenting... it's an abject failure of parenting.

2.)you don't know what the grandkids thinks or feels... nor do i.
3.) but i would be willing to wager that kids wants the mom to do right and still be around.... kids have an odd habit of loving their parents.
4.) the proper course of action is one that will maximize happiness for all parties... to save the family and not throw it away and act like that is a solution to anything.
5.) the grandfather needs to enlist some professional help.. his course of action isn't solving anything...
6.) he might feel he's doing right, but he's wrong .. he probably just doesn't know how to fix it .. .
7.) his decisions are based on frustration and hatred, which is never a good state to be in while making decisions.
8.) he's right to be pissed at his child, her behavior is atrocious...
9.) but I truly believe he needs to try to solve the problem and not throw it all away and pretend it's helping.

1.) depends, is it still a child (minor) and is it worth the continued parenting. in some cause its factually not IMO. Like i said emotions will never cloud my morals, reality, judgement and logic on this.
2.) true this is why i gave multiple options
3.) i agree thought that doesnt change anything i said
4.) i PARTIALLY agree this is why he left the door open. Happiness is very very minor to other things at times.
5.) you dont know that, it might be the perfect wake up call to the moron daughter. B

But i do agree professional help for the daughter is a great idea to help keep the family together
6.) you are welcome to that opinion i think its an awesome first step though but i wouldnt leave it at just this letter, id guess the daughter doesnt care though since she is this broken.
7.) hatred? i see love
8.) true
9.) I agree

Why? She obviously made it clear she wants nothing to do with them. Her father left the door open. She can call them when she's ready to be a loving mother. It's up to her to pick up that phone.

I think he has a responsibility to look after the affairs of his family... which includes un****ing this cluster**** his family is going through.
I don't believe washing his hands of it is productive whatsoever... it solves nothing.

I think he needs a different approach.. putting the bitch daughter on the defensive won't bear fruit... throwing her away surely won't

admittedly, my way is the hard way and his is the easy way...taking the easy way out usually don't work.

I think he has a responsibility to look after the affairs of his family... which includes un****ing this cluster**** his family is going through.
I don't believe washing his hands of it is productive whatsoever... it solves nothing.

I think he needs a different approach.. putting the bitch daughter on the defensive won't bear fruit... throwing her away surely won't

admittedly, my way is the hard way and his is the easy way...taking the easy way out usually don't work.

I'd do it differently as well. He's not exactly washing his hands. I'm guessing he's trying to give her a taste of her own medicine. He's not throwing her away or he wouldn't have given her an opening. Who knows? Maybe it'll work. He's her father after all. He probably knows her better than we do. ;)

if we are going to discuss what "we" would actually do in the situation heres mine

I think the letter is awesome but id probably show up at her door and tell her all that right to here face and yes leave the end of it open for her to decided what to do

then
id offer her professional help to deal with her bigotry and hatred and to do family therapy with her
id also give he a time limit to get her act together before i pressed charges against her and fought for custody of my grandchild.

this would be the start

You may be two thirds correct, he may be self centered and he may hate her, but he's clearly not heartless.

Right - sure - because disowning a child and publicly humiliating them for their various views is a sign of true love, through and through. :roll:

The family sounds fifty shades of all ****ed up, honestly. How one action makes the other substantial or worthwhile is beyond me - just ick . . . all of it.

I don't think that either adults actions are "indefensible". Both are standing by the Principles that they believe in. There's nothing wrong with that. Especially if (and we don't know) the mother had made the consequences of a homosexual lifestyle abundantly clear to the child. I know my parents made it abundantly clear to my brothers and myself, what would happen if any of us chose to partake in that lifestyle.

Now, I will change my tune on this entirely IF, due to her father's decision, she changes hers. In that case she never really believed in what she did and did not do it for Principled reasons.

What exactly is a 'homosexual lifestyle' and how does it differ from a heterosexual one?

Last edited:

There is no such thing as unconditional love. There is always *something* that will break a love someone has for another.

There is no such thing as unconditional love. There is always *something* that will break a love someone has for another.

No. Love for your own children, even if the relationship is so broken that you never speak, does not go away. You always want the best for them and your heart will hold onto the times when it was good with them.

Which is part of the reason why I don't believe a word of this story. Perhaps it's useful to sustain some, just not true that's all.

Last edited:
No. Love for your own children, even if the relationship is so broken that you never speak, does not go away. You always want the best for them and your heart will hold onto the times when it was good with them.

Which is part of the reason why I don't believe a word of this story. Perhaps it's useful to sustain some, just not true that's all.

Stranger things happen. Parents break contact with their children for far less worthy reasons. Them being gay, for example.

Some just ditch their children outright, for no readily apparent reason. Just got sick of being a parent, I suppose.

Obviously there are some parents you don't love their children.

I don't necessarily think this man is among them. But there are no fairytales in real life.

Right - sure - because disowning a child and publicly humiliating them for their various views is a sign of true love, through and through. :roll:

The family sounds fifty shades of all ****ed up, honestly. How one action makes the other substantial or worthwhile is beyond me - just ick . . . all of it.

I just don't understand how DNA makes it ok to abuse people. Sorry. I just don't buy this.

She is an abuser. For him to stand around and say nothing about it is a far greater tragedy than for him to do this. At least now, maybe the kid will realize someone still loves him.

DNA is not a good enough reason to allow bad people to hurt others, or to hurt you.

Also, we don't know who posted this letter. Could have been the son. Could have been his mother, hoping for sympathy.

I disagree. The opposite of love is indifference. When it comes to my kid, my love for her is truly unconditional. I could very well imagine not liking her for whatever reason, but I don't see how I could ever become indifferent towards her. That's unthinkable. Even hate, love's evil twin brother, is unthinkable in this case. :lol:

What exactly is a 'homosexual lifestyle' and how does it differ from a heterosexual one?

If I need to explain that maybe you need to look up the definition and defining characteristic today those two words.... Hint: it has to do with whom they choose to have sex.

Back
Top Bottom