• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Father arrested after ordering son, 4, to shoot at officers in McDonald's drive-thru, police say

And are used FAR more by blacks per capita in crimes and murder. Did you know that California passed a law over twenty years ago titled, "Use a gun, Go to prison". After several years, it was quietly disobeyed because way too many blacks were sent to jail.
No it wasn't.

The law was changed in 2017 that allows the judge to dismiss the mandatory sentence due to other circumstances.

The law is still in the books.

he should lose custody of his kid for child endangerment, at the very least.

but banning firearms for all law abiding citizens? nah.

another racist post.
You should be ashammed of yourself. But then again, you are a trump supporter.
Leftists HATE facts they cannot refute and so they call the fact poster "racist". REFUTE my facts. Don't use knee-jerk reactions.

This was irresponsible behavior and just idiotic but if you are going to politicize this for your own lunatic stance gun control to “ban them all”, you are in the same category as the lunatic father…

No it wasn't.

The law was changed in 2017 that allows the judge to dismiss the mandatory sentence due to other circumstances.

The law is still in the books.
and NOT used because too many blacks were in jail over the law. I know this. I live in California.

>>>A man was arrested Monday after ordering his 4-year-old son to shoot at Utah police officers in a McDonald's drive-thru during an incident that began over an incorrect order, police said.<

Sweet Zeus on His throne, an American gun owner instructs a 4 year old kid to shoot at Police? Armed four year old kid is sitting in a car with a 3 year old...FFS what is going on with Gun Nuts? With the blood lust of our fabulous Gun Nuts??

>>>While taking the father into custody, an officer turned back toward the vehicle and saw a gun pointing out from the rear window, the department said. After alerting other law enforcement, the officer swiped the gun to the side as a round was fired from the weapon.
According to police, the weapon was fired by a 4-year-old child sitting in the back seat of the car with a 3-year-old sibling.<<<

Nice parenting job, NRA Dad!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:😧😧😦

Clearly, another incompetent and unqualified FOOL that had no business at all with firearms, or having a "right" to firearms. The continued warping and misinterpretation of what some guy said in 1700 is always a threat to every American citizen, every hour of every day IMO. Never, ever forget!!

BAN. THEM. ALL.

(crime will fall)

another responsible gun owner thread

Nope, the culture in his race did, though.
What is the "culture of a race"? Do you think Kenyan culture is the same thing as Jamaican culture? You think blacks everywhere share the same culture? You could stand to visit a library a bit more, just saying..

This may be speculation on my part, but I suspect that this is not the Fathers first encounter with the law!
It may also be that Dad is a felon, and he was hoping the cops would not check if the gun his 4 year was holding was real,
in any case he should have unloaded it first.
People do such stupid stuff in a panic!
Ya think?

and NOT used because too many blacks were in jail over the law. I know this. I live in California.
Your quote:

"After several years, it was quietly disobeyed because way too many blacks were sent to jail."

That's wrong.

The initial law went into effect in 1998.
The modification to the law was passed in 2017.

It wasn't "quietly disobeyed". There was a law that was passed that modified the original law. Not after "several years" After 20 years.

And I'd like to see some of your "data" to prove this law is not used because too many blacks were jailed.

Wouldn't the dad taking the gun off the 4yr old infringe the childs right to bare arms? Is there anything in the constitution that differentiates that right by age group?

I agree the father needs locking up, but what is the answer to the above question?

Another urban youth shooting at police? Shocked, just shocked.

What is the "culture of a race"? Do you think Kenyan culture is the same thing as Jamaican culture? You think blacks everywhere share the same culture? You could stand to visit a library a bit more, just saying..
Is this is a serious post?

Your quote:

"After several years, it was quietly disobeyed because way too many blacks were sent to jail."

That's wrong.

The initial law went into effect in 1998.
The modification to the law was passed in 2017.

It wasn't "quietly disobeyed". There was a law that was passed that modified the original law. Not after "several years" After 20 years.

And I'd like to see some of your "data" to prove this law is not used because too many blacks were jailed.
It was because of plea bargains.

Wouldn't the dad taking the gun off the 4yr old infringe the childs right to bare arms? Is there anything in the constitution that differentiates that right by age group?

I agree the father needs locking up, but what is the answer to the above question?
The constitution protects people from the government. If someone steals your gun, they don't get charged with violating your constitutional rights. You may wish to enroll in a basic civics class.

Hey.

You, Peaceful, and the sheriff are the ones politicizing it.

"To have an adult think it is okay to encourage a four-year-old to pull a firearm and shoot at police illustrates how out of hand the campaign against police has gotten," the sheriff said.

🤷
Then I ask one simple question. Why don't police in general including their hard right unions start pushing for some stricter gun controls? It's not making sense.

This was irresponsible behavior and just idiotic but if you are going to politicize this for your own lunatic stance gun control to “ban them all”, you are in the same category as the lunatic father…

And bingo was his name-o.

Of course this has nothing to do with notions of reallocating some resources so that police aren't responding to situations they aren't trained for and making things worse. But it doesn't stop DP posters any more than it stopped the sheriff from pretending it is; a notion even dumber than the belief that if someone hears that they will not longer get prosecuted criminally for disorderly conduct or stealing a bag of chips, they will respond by going out and murdering people.

You think the sheriff’s comment was political? It wasn’t political. It was sociological.

See, this is where we’ve been getting so ****ed up in this country. Representative politics is supposed to reflect society, not control it.

And of course Trumpists show up to praise the partisan stupidity of it all.

No, Lutherf, despite your hopelessly idiotic gaslighting attempt, this had absolutely nothing to do with what you people are trying to link it to.

>>>A man was arrested Monday after ordering his 4-year-old son to shoot at Utah police officers in a McDonald's drive-thru during an incident that began over an incorrect order, police said.<

Sweet Zeus on His throne, an American gun owner instructs a 4 year old kid to shoot at Police? Armed four year old kid is sitting in a car with a 3 year old...FFS what is going on with Gun Nuts? With the blood lust of our fabulous Gun Nuts??

>>>While taking the father into custody, an officer turned back toward the vehicle and saw a gun pointing out from the rear window, the department said. After alerting other law enforcement, the officer swiped the gun to the side as a round was fired from the weapon.
According to police, the weapon was fired by a 4-year-old child sitting in the back seat of the car with a 3-year-old sibling.<<<

Nice parenting job, NRA Dad!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:😧😧😦

Clearly, another incompetent and unqualified FOOL that had no business at all with firearms, or having a "right" to firearms. The continued warping and misinterpretation of what some guy said in 1700 is always a threat to every American citizen, every hour of every day IMO. Never, ever forget!!

BAN. THEM. ALL.

(crime will fall)
stupid is as stupid does.jpg

The constitution protects people from the government. If someone steals your gun, they don't get charged with violating your constitutional rights. You may wish to enroll in a basic civics class.
Before you can say the father 'stole' the childs gun, you have to determine the childs right to 'possess' the gun. So, back to the original question please

Back
Top Bottom