• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fastest infraction for a new member/email confirmation issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

madasheck

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I think I hit that a record this week for the fastest infraction when I got one for posting a thread in Breaking News that apparently wasn't supposed to be there the first hour I was here. I thought the fact that Bill Maher was calling for Trump to be impeached now (which was new for him) was that, but mods didn't think it was so apologies for that. Thank the mods for not hitting me with points, but I was a little shocked that I got hit with the infraction, though.

Not to mention the log-in difficulties I had trying to get in here in the first place. I never got a confirmation email even after changing my email address. I emailed the mods more than once and that's what did it, apparently, so thanks again for taking care of that, but the confirmation issue is something I never had with any other forum and should be addressed.

I think I hit that a record this week for the fastest infraction when I got one for posting a thread in Breaking News that apparently wasn't supposed to be there the first hour I was here. I thought the fact that Bill Maher was calling for Trump to be impeached now (which was new for him) was that, but mods didn't think it was so apologies for that. Thank the mods for not hitting me with points, but I was a little shocked that I got hit with the infraction, though.

Not to mention the log-in difficulties I had trying to get in here in the first place. I never got a confirmation email even after changing my email address. I emailed the mods more than once and that's what did it, apparently, so thanks again for taking care of that, but the confirmation issue is something I never had with any other forum and should be addressed.

The "Breaking News" rules are very complex if you're new here, or even if you're not.
If you didn't get points, it's a warning, so don't feel too bad.
You'll have to read and re-read the BN forum rules over several times to get the jist of it.

Cheers, mate ;)

If I were a moderator I would have gave you an infraction for that avatar. What an insult to the United States flag.

I get around that by never starting a thread in Breaking News. Only the General area for me.

This will not end well.

My advice is pay attention to the rules, do the best you can, and be respectful when asking for help.

Last edited:
I get around that by never starting a thread in Breaking News. Only the General area for me.

Yeah, I started another today and that's where I put it.

It took me a while to get comfortable in BN MSM>

I use a checklist
1) exact title (C&P)
2) link
3) quote from the link
4) your comments
5) date line within 48 hrs

It took me a while to get comfortable in BN MSM>

I use a checklist
1) exact title (C&P)
2) link
3) quote from the link
4) your comments
5) date line within 48 hrs

Thanks.

You are . . . interestingly conversant with the infraction system. Have fun at DP.

He forgot to mention the fact that it must be a mainstream media source. Blogs or media considered to be pretty biased goes in non-msm breaking news. You will get dinged for putting a huffpo or dailykos as a source in msm breaking news.

Welcome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Moderator's Warning:
Thread closed.

Rule 6a: Moderator Actions - If there are any concerns over Moderator actions, the only way to officially address them is with a private message (PM) to Schweddy, a Moderator, or using the Contact Us dispute process. Your feedback and concerns are very valuable to the success of this board. Each and every PM will be read and investigated. However, until specifically told by a Moderator of a reversal, the Moderator action is considered official.

Publicly disrespectful and/or negative behavior from a member regarding a Moderator's capacity as a Mod, the Moderator Team in general, or Moderator actions may not occur on any open open areas of the website. Violations of any of the above guidelines is termed Insubordination and may result in a summary suspension or termination of that member's posting privileges.

Understanding that at times members may need to vent, a new area in The Basement called Where's my Binky has been created that is exempt from 6a and made specifically for members wishing to rant about Moderator action. No issues will be resolved or overturned due to disputes here, and Moderator participation in this thread is not mandatory. Debate Politics Forums - Forum Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom