• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fast Food Hacks

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Take a Big Mac and add one piece of America to the side with no cheese as well as some tzatziki.

This is the mythical $10 burger, for four bucks and change.

Get some sliders (they refrigerate & microwave well if wrapped in Saran in the Fridge), and after microwaving squirt on some Taco Bell Diablo Sauce from the packet.

It's an excellent combo, for those that want a spicy slider.

Get some sliders (they refrigerate & microwave well if wrapped in Saran in the Fridge), and after microwaving squirt on some Taco Bell Diablo Sauce from the packet.

Oh God....It would be you too....

When I go to Taco Bell I always get a section of extra sauces for a Rainy Day.

:2wave:

Sir, your mailbox is full.

Now is the time for you to cough up some money for DP.

Take a Big Mac and add one piece of America to the side with no cheese as well as some tzatziki.

This is the mythical $10 burger, for four bucks and change.

The apple pie mcflurry is my favorite although cherry is growing on me.

Oh God....It would be you too....

When I go to Taco Bell I always get a section of extra sauces for a Rainy Day.

:2wave:
Try the relatively new "Diablo" sauce. It's their hottest, and has a unique flavor profile that's different than their regular line of sauces.

And yeah, I'll buy a half-dozen sliders for immediate consumption, and another dozen (no pickle) for the house. I wrap them by twos in Saran Wrap, and refrigerate. Thirty seconds in the microwave (wrapped in paper towel), hit 'em with the Diablo and some freshly ground pepper, and they're excellent!

I'd like to think I've progressed past my weekend "Breakfast of Champions", that was prevalent during my late teens & early twenties:

"cold sliders & warm beer"

(no microwaves back then & the oven was a hassle)

Sliders from where?

White Castle, of course! :thumbs:

Where are they anymore? I grew up in DC and we had “Little Tavern.” “Buy-em-by-the-bag!” They are long gone......

Where are they anymore? I grew up in DC and we had “Little Tavern.” “Buy-em-by-the-bag!” They are long gone......
They tend to be North, stretching from the Midwest to East Coast, mostly urban, but sometimes also the near-in suburbs. I believe they were originally from Ohio. I've never personally seen one west of the Mississippi, but that does not necessarily assure they are not. And yeah they are getting sparse these days, but my city still has several, including one nearby.

No idea why, but I always seem to inadvertently move near one. It must be my destiny, since I ate at White Castle since I was a little kid and could walk to one with my paper-route money. They were kid affordable!

i found out a hack after becoming a vegetarian. if you go to Taco Bell, you can substitute refried beans for beef (or chicken) in any of their meal options. this is cool, because i can get anything i want instead of just ordering off of their vegetarian menu. i have had many vegetarian crunchwraps and Mexican pizzas. it's a fairly good place to go if you're on the road and are a vegetarian.

When I was in the army in Colorado springs we had the .29¢ hamburger stand.

You could eat for days off ten bucks especially if you kept tomatoes and lettuce etc from the mess hall salad bar...

i found out a hack after becoming a vegetarian. if you go to Taco Bell, you can substitute refried beans for beef (or chicken) in any of their meal options. this is cool, because i can get anything i want instead of just ordering off of their vegetarian menu. i have had many vegetarian crunchwraps and Mexican pizzas. it's a fairly good place to go if you're on the road and are a vegetarian.
I get the regular (beef & bean) variety, but will attest that their Mexican Pizzas are pretty damn tasty!

They tend to be North, stretching from the Midwest to East Coast, mostly urban, but sometimes also the near-in suburbs. I believe they were originally from Ohio. I've never personally seen one west of the Mississippi, but that does not necessarily assure they are not. And yeah they are getting sparse these days, but my city still has several, including one nearby.

No idea why, but I always seem to inadvertently move near one. It must be my destiny, since I ate at White Castle since I was a little kid and could walk to one with my paper-route money. They were kid affordable!

Little Tavern burgers w/o cheese were a nickel when I first paid attention. I believe they were similar to White Castle in layout. Many times a WW2 vet was flipping burgers (military tattoos and all) and the interior was white tile.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Tavern
View attachment 67244821

View attachment 67244822

Minneapolis and st.paul both have them so one or the other has to be west of the Mississippi...;)

I get the regular (beef & bean) variety, but will attest that their Mexican Pizzas are pretty damn tasty!

i have dug those since i was a teenager. i was happy to learn that i still have options as a vegetarian. i do miss McDonalds and Subway, though. some Subways have options for vegetarians, but most just have the salad sandwich, which is ok every now and again.

Minneapolis and st.paul both have them so one or the other has to be west of the Mississippi...;)
Then I will happily stand corrected, in solidarity with my White Castle Brethren!

:thumbs:

When I was a kid we would go to a locally owned Mexican restaurant that always had taco specials for .25 ¢ each.

However we occasionally would ride our bikes three miles or so farther tk go to KFC.

We would by one bag of dinner rolls and a large gravy a just dip and chow...

When I was a kid we would go to a locally owned Mexican restaurant that always had taco specials for .25 ¢ each.

However we occasionally would ride our bikes three miles or so farther tk go to KFC.

I’m a sucker for anything with gravy.........

i have dug those since i was a teenager. i was happy to learn that i still have options as a vegetarian. i do miss McDonalds and Subway, though. some Subways have options for vegetarians, but most just have the salad sandwich, which is ok every now and again.
Taco Bell is tasty, spicy, crunchy, cheap, late-nite eats. Every time I go through the drive-through after 9 or 10 at night, I find myself in the midst of high school & college kids, and can't help but wonder how many are tokers?

:mrgreen:

It just seems like it would be perfect stuff for peeps with the munchies, and probably goes well with beer too.

Little Tavern burgers w/o cheese were a nickel when I first paid attention. I believe they were similar to White Castle in layout. Many times a WW2 vet was flipping burgers (military tattoos and all) and the interior was white tile.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Tavern
View attachment 67244821

View attachment 67244822
I think chains & places like these (Little Tavern, White Castle), are emblematic of their era: Small cheap hamburgers, that depending upon the quantity can be a snack, lunch, light meal, or heavy meal. In addition it's great for families with kids, since you can tailor the portion size perfectly (again, by quantity). It's really a great concept, IMO.

Taco Bell is tasty, spicy, crunchy, cheap, late-nite eats. Every time I go through the drive-through after 9 or 10 at night, I find myself in the midst of high school & college kids, and can't help but wonder how many are tokers?

:mrgreen:

It just seems like it would be perfect stuff for peeps with the munchies, and probably goes well with beer too.

my favorite pot meals :

ice cream cake from Dairy Queen in the 1990s. we ate most of it.

McDonalds after i watched an hour long documentary on tugboats that lasted for days. man, that was good.

i tried pot again in 2013 or so. way too strong. i'll take the 90s crapweed if i ever do it again.

Some of those kid food memories are the best memories.

I was blessed to have been born and raised in a dense inner area of a large city. The whole world seemed waiting just outside my door, including food places literally on every block. The intellectual, social, cultural, and culinary stimulation was amazing and greatly shaped my life.

Back
Top Bottom