• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fast a meal and give me the savings

azgreg

Chicks dig the long ball
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I've heard a lot of political fund raiser ideas in my life but this is a new one. Martha McSally asks her supporters to fast a meal and donate what that would save them among other options. Video at tweet.

Yashar Ali tweet

I've heard a lot of political fund raiser ideas in my life but this is a new one. Martha McSally asks her supporters to fast a meal and donate what that would save them among other options. Video at tweet.

Yashar Ali tweet

tenor.gif

In case you're wondering if what you're reading is real, but your last connection to sanity is preventing you from concluding that what you read is in fact what you read, yes, Martha McSally is suggesting that people go without a meal and donate the money to her campaign.

Yashar Ali tweet

Imma fast voting for McSally.

I am going to presume she was joking. Even the funniest jokes spoken aloud sound rather weird when devoid of context.

However, if she was being earnest, saying "Go hungry for me" is not the worst campaign slogan. It worked wonders for Joseph Stalin and you never heard any of his supporters or followers complaining.

I am going to presume she was joking. Even the funniest jokes spoken aloud sound rather weird when devoid of context.

I've gotta say, that wasn't delivered like it was a joke.

However, if she was being earnest, saying "Go hungry for me" is not the worst campaign slogan. It worked wonders for Joseph Stalin and you never heard any of his supporters or followers complaining.

Good point!

Once you realize she's a horrible person it becomes clear she wasn't joking.

Better than Trump's campaign pitch. Come get Covid, and be hip, now, wow.

Yashar Ali tweet

Oh she may have surpassed whoever took part of the woman's last ten dollars. Warren maybe....

Wait til Qanon finishes taking over the GOP, guys. This **** is gonna seem completely grounded by comparison.

Just order a hot dog.

Benny Hine, and folks like that, tell you to give them the utilities money, for the lord will provide. At least she is finding money that wont hurt many.

In case you're wondering if what you're reading is real, but your last connection to sanity is preventing you from concluding that what you read is in fact what you read, yes, Martha McSally is suggesting that people go without a meal and donate the money to her campaign.
And if any do, what the hell is that saying about them? Is it any wonder we daily step through insanity?

And if any do, what the hell is that saying about them? Is it any wonder we daily step through insanity?

See post 10.

Presumed? Based upon what evidence?

Yashar Ali tweet

Talk about chutzpah.

agree

people are far to selfish to sacrifice for another.... so much so that the mere suggestion of such a thing brings rebuke as we see here in this thread

Presumed? Based upon what evidence?

Because in matters of politics I will always presume that quotes with little context posted by people less-than-sympathetic to the quoted subject's cause are not going to interpret or relay what they said with the principle of charity in mind.

I skip meals from time to time. I guess I could take that money and send it to McSally. Or I could keep it.

(Easiest decision I've made in days)

Considering the rampant obesity in our country that isn't that bad of an idea.

One meal is a drop in the bucket though.

Yashar Ali tweet

I suppose I could just send her what I was going to eat.....it could help feed her staffers.

Haggis with Surströmming, a nice side of kimchee, and Arizona Green tea.

I skip meals from time to time. I guess I could take that money and send it to McSally. Or I could keep it.

(Easiest decision I've made in days)

Or you could donate it to a legit charity in your community, a food bank perhaps, that feeds the poor, not politicians' war chests.

Back
Top Bottom