• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fascist rhetoric by the view

Honest to God why should I care what Whoopie Goldberg, Joy Behar etc have to say. I am not convinced more than half the panel knows how to form a defensible position. I will defend to the death their right to speak and make money blathering and defend my right not to give a flying fugg what they say.

They are just more celebrities that talk on camera for a living. Nice work if you can get it and somebody is STUUUPID enough to pay you for it.
Missing the point.

What they say is evil and dangerous and would not have been tolerated even 10 years ago by either side. Now both sides have the radical faction that actually believes and cheers on this nonsense.

What does that tell us, that there is a real risk of an authoritarian takeover by people that have this mindset to lock up those who disagree. This risk is manifesting on both sides regularly now.

If there is one positive that might come out of this mess it might be recognition of the crushing irrelevance of celebrity commentators....ENTERTAINERS.

Missing the point.

What they say is evil and dangerous and would not have been tolerated even 10 years ago by either side. Now both sides have the radical faction that actually believes and cheers on this nonsense.

What does that tell us, that there is a real risk of an authoritarian takeover by people that have this mindset to lock up those who disagree. This risk is manifesting on both sides regularly now.
It would have been allowed and tolerated ten years ago and twenty years ago and fifty years ago. This is NOT Russia. Its a free society in the United States and we enjoy freedom of speech.

You are missing the point. What has changed is the numbers of people that give credence to what are in effect celebrity commentators....ENTERTAINERS who's talent is BLATHER and bloviating. The only thing different is that they would have had a harder time generating ratings but there is no criminal charge for bad ratings in this country. You just loss your time slot.

It would have been allowed and tolerated ten years ago and twenty years ago and fifty years ago. This is NOT Russia. Its a free society in the United States and we enjoy freedom of speech.

You are missing the point. What has changed is the numbers of people that give credence to what are in effect celebrity commentators....ENTERTAINERS who's talent is BLATHER and bloviating. The only thing different is that they would have had a harder time generating ratings but there is no criminal charge for bad ratings in this country. You just loss your time slot.
No it wouldn't. They would have been cancelled by polite society.

People couldn't make lunatic statements on mainstream shows and keep their jobs..

No it wouldn't. They would have been cancelled by polite society.

People couldn't make lunatic statements on mainstream shows and keep their jobs..
Nothing cancels TV but lack of ratings. Sorry you are just flat wrong and lack of ratings have nothing to do with the freedom to speak....you just loss your time slot. Nobody rips your mouth off in this country for lack of ratings. Again, this is not Russia and it was not Russia 50 years ago either.

As I have expressed I think the whole celebrity commentator phenomenon is dumb as a doorknob...a populist outcropping. Populism rarely makes any sense. Heck as for TV I have lived the entire life of the TV phenomenon from initial acceptance to passe' in one life. Who'd have thunk it.

Do you see Democrats going on TV and Twitter with Putin friendly messages? I don't, all I see is "conservatives" (aka, the GOP).

I guess there is one, Tulsi Gabbard...but she appears to have gone over to the GOP side of the fence, at least lately.
Tulsi was always on their side of the fence, all else was pretense.

Nothing cancels TV but lack of ratings. Sorry you are just flat wrong and lack of ratings have nothing to do with the freedom to speak....you just loss your time slot. Nobody rips your mouth off in this country for lack of ratings. Again, this is not Russia and it was not Russia 50 years ago either.

As I have expressed I think the whole celebrity commentator phenomenon is dumb as a doorknob...a populist outcropping. Populism rarely makes any sense. Heck as for TV I have lived the entire life of the TV phenomenon from initial acceptance to passe' in one life. Who'd have thunk it.
So nobody ever got fired for saying something stupid lol

Saying tucker Carlson should be investigated and even jailed.

Both sides say stupid dangerous stuff like this more and more now. And it pushes us closer and closer to an authoritarian taker from one side.
It breeds distruth as some on both sides start to think "gee if they ever get enough power they are going to round us all up in concentration camps......based upon crazy Rhetoric they here like this case.

And nearly everyone knows it's a bullshxt, and in the past either side would cancel their guy form doing that. They would loose their job for talking nutty and be disavowed by there side on the talking head shows. Now, yes reasonable people on both sides will still reject the rhetoric but tolerate the offenders. It's getting worse all the time. Trump was worse then most on stupid stuff like this.
Ironic, this coming from The Spew. Whoopsi Whoopi is a Roman Polanski defender.

Back
Top Bottom