• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

"Fascist Bush! You are the terrorist!"

H

hipsterdufus

vert.protest1.ap.jpg

MAR DEL PLATA, Argentina (AP) -- Thousands of protesters chanting "Get out Bush!" swarmed the streets of this Argentine resort on Friday.

Before dawn, thousands greeted a train bringing the last group of demonstrators from Buenos Aires, including Bolivian presidential hopeful Evo Morales and soccer great Diego Maradona, who donned a T-shirt accusing President Bush of war crimes.

Chanting "Fascist Bush! You are the terrorist!" the protesters hung from the engine and moved up the sides of the train, trying to shake hands with those inside.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/11/04/summit.protest.ap/index.html

Comments?

Comments...let's see...how about, since you guys love us so much, how about we just cut all financial and military support for Central and South America. Then you can show how much you really love us when you're on your own. ;)

hiker said:
Comments...let's see...how about, since you guys love us so much, how about we just cut all financial and military support for Central and South America. Then you can show how much you really love us when you're on your own. ;)

Yeah, but we need little countries in South/Central America to attack to keep the rational for our huge military expenditures. At least we did before pre-emptive war became in vogue.

Maybe your right...

http://www.genconnection.com/ushistory/chp28.htm

Later in 1903, Roosevelt’s famous Corollary to the Monroe Doctrine was enacted. In response to the German’s aggressive action against Venezuelan ships and a city, Teddy initiated his policy of “preventive intervention”. His policy stated that America would handle future financial hardships, thereby preventing the European countries to intervene. This policy really gave America sole control over Latin America-now they were the only one’s who could be the bully.
It has been ever thus, a continent reliant upon it's big brother for support, both militarily and financially. And with the creation of CAFTA, we take another step in the direction begun lo those many years ago. The ingratitude of the natives is overwhelming. We do these things to protect them and build their economies: a rising tide lifts all ships. And yet, we are still hated. Too bad. Yet, we shall persevere, doing what we have pledged to do, without any thank-yous. Maybe one day, things will change. I'm not holding my breath.

hiker said:

It has been ever thus, a continent reliant upon it's big brother for support, both militarily and financially. And with the creation of CAFTA, we take another step in the direction begun lo those many years ago. The ingratitude of the natives is overwhelming. We do these things to protect them and build their economies: a rising tide lifts all ships. And yet, we are still hated. Too bad. Yet, we shall persevere, doing what we have pledged to do, without any thank-yous. Maybe one day, things will change. I'm not holding my breath.

I think if you put it to a vote, South and Central America would have us out of there in an instant.

hipsterdufus said:
I think if you put it to a vote, South and Central America would have us out of there in an instant.
And two years later, they'll be in complete shambles and beggin' for us back...which we would...at a MUCH heftier price...

cnredd said:
And two years later, they'll be in complete shambles and beggin' for us back...which we would...at a MUCH heftier price...

That's pure conjecture. The democratization of Latin America isn't working any more than it will work in Iraq. Global hegemony - that's the course we're on, and for that the US government is despised by the people af Latin America.

I think we should take a closer look at the governments we are supporting in Central America. Particularly our excersions in Nicaragua, El Salvador and Central America, where we backed dictators and terrorists because of their support of US economic interests. At the very least it seems very immoral to me.

hipsterdufus

You are aware fascist means loyalty right? :2wave: And when since has America been running a popularity race!

Last edited:
hiker said:

Although I don't disagree with he gist of your post here...

The prosperous ramifications of such economic injuctions do little to obfuscate one fact: BUSH has nothing to do with any of the original intentions. It almost seems to me that you are claiming that "they" hate us because we support them?

(a) It is an incoherent hyperbole to state that we are "hated". As one can clearly discern by the original post of this thread... the protest was not against "we" or "us" but only BUSH. The contrast is high.

(b) In most recent years several nation states have been highly critical of Bush and his agenda. Even several nations that are considered to be and have been allies in past global tribulations. Do they all of the sudden hate us too?

hipsterdufus said:
That's pure conjecture. The democratization of Latin America isn't working any more than it will work in Iraq. Global hegemony - that's the course we're on, and for that the US government is despised by the people af Latin America.

I think we should take a closer look at the governments we are supporting in Central America. Particularly our excersions in Nicaragua, El Salvador and Central America, where we backed dictators and terrorists because of their support of US economic interests. At the very least it seems very immoral to me.

We supported alot of dictators in South and Latin America. I believe we supported the military dictatorship that committed alot of crimes against the Argentinians, maybe, that's one of the reasons why they are out their in the streets. Not completely famaliar with the history of our involvement in Argentina.

Last edited:
cnredd said:

That's okay... we could just hire all the privateers like halli-burton to clean it all up for us!? Right?

It's funny to me that the Bush Adminstration's most impressive foreign policy has been to leave places in shambles by involvement..... not by "pulling out". George Bush is fuel to the fire of rebellion and dissent. If you look at our planet objectively it is crystal clear. Lucid even.

So we care about the world so much? Then why don't we LISTEN to them?

Archon said:
That's okay... we could just hire all the privateers like halli-burton to clean it all up for us!? Right?

It's funny to me that the Bush Adminstration's most impressive foreign policy has been to leave places in shambles by involvement..... not by "pulling out". George Bush is fuel to the fire of rebellion and dissent. If you look at our planet objectively it is crystal clear. Lucid even.

So we care about the world so much? Then why don't we LISTEN to them?

some people-probably those with a bit more education and objectivity would note the elections in Iraq or Quaddaffi renouncing Libya's WMD program

stsburns said:
hipsterdufus

You are aware fascist means loyalty right? :2wave: And when since has America been running a popularity race!

Ever since power and greed have served to embellish our aspirations.

TurtleDude said:
some people-probably those with a bit more education and objectivity would note the elections in Iraq or Quaddaffi renouncing Libya's WMD program

I'm sorry? Did you have anything relevant to say? My comments were based on what is intuitive and undeniable (objective) while yours are quite off-topic, imperious, and nimble (subjective).

Now, you were saying, about objectivity and education?

Last edited:
Archon said:
I'm sorry? Did you have anything relevant to say? My comments were relatively general and specific (objective) while yours are quite off-topic, imperious, and nimble (subjective).

Now, you were saying, about objectivity and education?

IF you can remember your post you commented on Bush's greatest FP involved leaving places in shambles. I think that is inaccurate and non-objective

please keep up

TurtleDude said:
IF you can remember your post you commented on Bush's greatest FP involved leaving places in shambles. I think that is inaccurate and non-objective

please keep up

This post is specifically about Bush and his Foreign Policy, dingleberry.

Perhaps you could make a case in which anything Bush has done has helped politics or ANYTHING abroad?

By the way, the words "impressive" and "greatest" have two separate and quite indifferent meanings. I would expect someone so highly educated could understand such a simple virtue of the english language.

Last edited:
Archon said:
This post is specifically about Bush and his Foreign Policy, dingleberry.

Perhaps you could make a case in which anything Bush has done has helped politics or ANYTHING abroad?

By the way, the words "impressive" and "greatest" have two separate and quite indifferent meanings. I would expect someone so highly educated could understand such a simple virtue of the english language.

For a new kid you sure are trying hard to look foolish

ABROAD-lets see LIBYA COUNTS Last I checked

TurtleDude said:
For a new kid you sure are trying hard to look foolish

ABROAD-lets see LIBYA COUNTS Last I checked

Who said anything about Libya? Talk about subjective. I say Abroad. You say "libya". No elaboration. No explanation. All you say is:

Libya.

Wow. You got me there buddy. You're a bright one.

Archon said:
Who said anything about Libya? Talk about subjective. I say Abroad. You say "libya". No elaboration. No explanation. All you say is:

Libya.

Wow. You got me there buddy. You're a bright one.

I am bright enough to realize you are making an ass of yourself

I mentioned Libya ceasing its WMD as perhaps Bush's most important FP action and you don't understand the point

here was my first post in response to your claim that [Bush Adminstration's most impressive foreign policy has been to leave places in shambles by involvement]

I guess you just forgot about that:roll:

Originally Posted by TurtleDude:

please keep up

You don't consider this "a shambles?"

21battleoffallujahiraqdigitalp.jpg

TurtleDude said:
I am bright enough to realize you are making an ass of yourself

I mentioned Libya ceasing its WMD as perhaps Bush's most important FP action and you don't understand the point

here was my first post in response to your claim that [Bush Adminstration's most impressive foreign policy has been to leave places in shambles by involvement]

I guess you just forgot about that:roll:

You didn't mention Libya ceasing "anything". All you said was "Libya".

Israel has WMD. Why don't we attack them. North Korea, Iran, Pakistan, India, China, Japan, Australia, Russia, Germany, Italy, France, etc etc etc etc have WMD. SO what's your point? We have WMD. Should we attack ourselves?

Forgot about what? You never said anything substantiative in the first place. There is nothing to forget. It seems to me that you fear even elaborting your own opinion. Stop hiding behind words, stop attacking me personally, and start explaining yourself.

Billo_Really said:
You don't consider this "a shambles?"

[]

NO, Did you see what Dresden or Tokyo looked like before we were finished at those two places?

Archon said:
You didn't mention Libya ceasing "anything". All you said was "Libya".

Israel has WMD. Why don't we attack them. North Korea, Iran, Pakistan, India, China, Japan, Australia, Russia, Germany, Italy, France, etc etc etc etc have WMD. SO what's your point? We have WMD. Should we attack ourselves?

Forgot about what? You never said anything substantiative in the first place. There is nothing to forget. It seems to me that you fear even elaborting your own opinion. Stop hiding behind words, stop attacking me personally, and start explaining yourself.

You are not correct. MY FIRST POST ON THIS THREAD mentioed Quadaffi (Libya's "president") giving up LIBYA's WMD program

one step at a time. YOur smarmy arrogance is amazing and your comments about Australia et al is truly stupid

I was countering your claim that Bush's foreign policies greatest success involved leaving [Iraq] in shambles

your last 4 posts have had nothing of substance and have been marked by error

Originally Posted by TurtleDude:
NO, Did you see what Dresden or Tokyo looked like before we were finished at those two places?
Your pretty cavalier regarding the misery, death and destruction of others.

Back
Top Bottom