• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fascism also takes a village...of bootlicks.

D_NATURED

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

This report, indicating the former (Trump) DHS secretary covered Trump's fat ass, is not surprising but it does confirm my suspicion that Trump's administration was one of the most corrupt ever. It is, yet, another indication that the connection between Trump and Russia is more TRUE and more troubling than any repub would admit and, if the full truth were known, we would all likely see a picture of foreign election interference and a GOP conspiracy to cover their tracks. This "nothing burger" is bigger than even a morbidly obese McFascist can make go away.

My question is, how much more must be uncovered? How many pieces of the Trump corruption puzzle need to be assembled before the GOP will be able to love their country again and not just remain faithful to a traitor? They are like a toothless hillbilly woman who, despite getting knocked around every Saturday by a drunken moron, believes their husband is a good man. There is a distinction between simple credulity and balls-deep delusion, is there not? How much will it take to shake the GOP free of its devotion to a shamelessly anti-American criminal? I, for one, am shocked we haven't answered that already.

Given how much stuff the Trump administration tried to hide I expect revelations of wrongdoing for decades.

Whatever.

This administration and the DNC in particular have lied to the American people so often that their credibility is virtually zero.

I don't believe a word anymore coming from their corrupt lips. And why should we?

And frankly, it's not a whole lot better on our side of the aisle.

Truth, I hate to say, is a virtue forever lost in the swamp that is our federal bureaucracy such that neither side has a claim to it, let alone an exclusive one. :(

This report, indicating the former (Trump) DHS secretary covered Trump's fat ass, is not surprising but it does confirm my suspicion that Trump's administration was one of the most corrupt ever. It is, yet, another indication that the connection between Trump and Russia is more TRUE and more troubling than any repub would admit and, if the full truth were known, we would all likely see a picture of foreign election interference and a GOP conspiracy to cover their tracks. This "nothing burger" is bigger than even a morbidly obese McFascist can make go away.

My question is, how much more must be uncovered? How many pieces of the Trump corruption puzzle need to be assembled before the GOP will be able to love their country again and not just remain faithful to a traitor? They are like a toothless hillbilly woman who, despite getting knocked around every Saturday by a drunken moron, believes their husband is a good man. There is a distinction between simple credulity and balls-deep delusion, is there not? How much will it take to shake the GOP free of its devotion to a shamelessly anti-American criminal? I, for one, am shocked we haven't answered that already.

Unless and until there is a reckoning re Fox News and various other Murdoch style outlets and their prodigous output of false info, this will never go away.

Whatever.

This administration and the DNC in particular have lied to the American people so often that their credibility is virtually zero.

I don't believe a word anymore coming from their corrupt lips. And why should we?

Truth, I hate to say, is a virtue forever lost in the swamp that is our federal bureaucracy such that neither side has a claim to it, let alone an exclusive one. :(
In fact, its a whole lot worse on the right. You kiddin' me? The top contender to get the nomination in 2024 is 30,000+-proven-lies-Trump. There isn't even a close second.

In fact, its a whole lot worse on the right. You kiddin' me? The top contender to get the nomination in 2024 is 30,000+-proven-lies-Trump. There isn't even a close second.
Bolding an uninformed opinion does not a fact make. (But italicizing it is a nice fluorish)

This is a rolling stone (who has a history of making up fake stories) article that cites an anonymous person as their source. It's hard to take the article seriously without some concrete corroborating evidence.

Unless and until there is a reckoning re Fox News and various other Murdoch style outlets and their prodigous output of false info, this will never go away.

I agree. We can't forever be a nation of two truths. In this way, the designer media is a tremendous threat to democracy because it helps demagogues lie and their followers to remain in their bubble.

This is a rolling stone (who has a history of making up fake stories) article that cites an anonymous person as their source. It's hard to take the article seriously without some concrete corroborating evidence.

Why is it so hard? There's certainly a history of corruption preceeding this story. Do you think The Rolling Stone has less integrity than...say...Tucker or Shawn Hannity? Where's the texts of Matt Taibbi coordinating messages with the Biden chief of staff.

No, your incredulity is too selective given which side you're on.

Whatever.

This thread isn't about "this administration and the DNC".

You should actually open and read links before posting stupid things.

This was a report on the Homeland Security Inspector General's investigation. Not an "anonymous person" as their source.

here is link to the report. Next time read so you don't look so clueless.

https://www.oig.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/assets/2022-05/OIG-22-41-Apr22-Redacted.pdf

Why is it so hard? There's certainly a history of corruption preceeding this story. Do you think The Rolling Stone has less integrity than...say...Tucker or Shawn Hannity? Where's the texts of Matt Taibbi coordinating messages with the Biden chief of staff.

No, your incredulity is too selective given which side you're on.
It's hard, because they have been exposed as liars in the past and they are not offering a named source here. They are asking the reader to accept what they are saying based on blind faith.

You should actually open and read links before posting stupid things.

This was a report on the Homeland Security Inspector General's investigation. Not an "anonymous person" as their source.

here is link to the report. Next time read so you don't look so clueless.

https://www.oig.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/assets/2022-05/OIG-22-41-Apr22-Redacted.pdf
From the article in the OP

The watchdog’s office said it interviewed an individual in the Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A) “who told us the Acting Secretary asked the product be held because it made President Trump look bad and hurt President Trump’s campaign

Who is the individual?

Does it include the individuals name?
Who was it?

The comment by the individual was not relevant. You didn't even open up the report and read it for yourself. Do you enjoy making yourself look uninformed?

The comment by the individual was not relevant. You didn't even open up the report and read it for yourself. Do you enjoy making yourself look uninformed?
Why include it in the article if it's, as you say, irrelevant?

If you can not answer my question I see no reason to waste my time further.

You didn't ask a question.

You also didn't open the link to see the news was real and not fake news from anonymous sources, as you imagined.

Stay in your ignorance lane.

Whatever.

Self serving victim-status bs.

From the article in the OP

Who is the individual?
Fair enough, but it's still a shame that you think the Rolling Stone would invent this more than you think Trump had a lot of ethically fluid people covering his ass.

Back
Top Bottom