• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Farleigh Dickenson Univ. study on Fox News, found

Sorry to point out the obvious, but what does a 6 year old article citing a 10 year old survey have to do with today?
When did faux niwz start informing people?

I will agree that it does look like the CEOs are demanding greatly increased compensation for all the hard work they are doing.
So are all workers. It’s their right.The trick is getting somebody to agree to pay it!

He’s not. What these companies are doing now is based on basic supply and demand.
Some of it is. So how do you explain record corporate profits while the average American has to ration toilet paper? I call it greed. If the corporations cared about the economy and the people in it, they would temper their prices to help out. We are seeing just the opposite.

When did faux niwz start informing people?
Same as the other outlets I suppose.

You think today’s Fox News viewers are any less stupid and gullible than they were in 2012??
Have no idea. Maybe Fairleigh Dickinson can do another survey so OP can reference something from this decade.

Meanwhile the masturbator is the only thing left on CNN

1640885000122.png

Have no idea. Maybe Fairleigh Dickinson can do another survey so OP can reference something from this decade.
You implied, in your below reposted question, that you do have an idea of the accuracy of a ten year old survey of Fox News viewers that indicated very poor knowledge of current events compared with contemporary Fox News viewers.
Sorry to point out the obvious, but what does a 6 year old article citing a 10 year old survey have to do with today?
Anyone that has paid any attention to the network’s further move away from fact based reporting, to majority right wing propaganda and ridiculous lies, spewed by looney tunes Loser #45 “personalities” knows that the Fox viewers are definitely not better informed.

Some of it is. So how do you explain record corporate profits while the average American has to ration toilet paper? I call it greed. If the corporations cared about the economy and the people in it, they would temper their prices to help out. We are seeing just the opposite.
Yeah ….
Not what companies do.
They’re
In it for the dough. I guess if you call that greed then the term is meaningless.

Yeah ….
Not what companies do.
They’re
In it for the dough. I guess if you call that greed then the term is meaningless.
Not all but after a while they need to look and see when is enough enough?

You implied, in your below reposted question, that you do have an idea of the accuracy of a ten year old survey of Fox News viewers that indicated very poor knowledge of current events compared with contemporary Fox News viewers.

Anyone that has paid any attention to the network’s further move away from fact based reporting, to majority right wing propaganda and ridiculous lies, spewed by looney tunes Loser #45 “personalities” knows that the Fox viewers are definitely not better informed.
Actually, all I did was call out a post that makes a claim today and attempts to link it to 10 y/o info. Nothing more, nothing less. But, I personally think most people who rely on just one source - Fox or otherwise - are generally uninformed.

All of the major news outlets are pretty much propaganda for their home team. If people fail to realize that than they usually fall into the aforementioned uninformed category.

Actually, all I did was call out a post that makes a claim today and attempts to link it to 10 y/o info. Nothing more, nothing less. But, I personally think most people who rely on just one source - Fox or otherwise - are generally uninformed.
You implied, but I’ve already had my say, so …
All of the major news outlets are pretty much propaganda for their home team. If people fail to realize that than they usually fall into the aforementioned uninformed category.
Depending on the source, I do agree that people who restrict themselves to a limited diet of, at best, bias tainted facts are mis/dis informed.

However, I believe there’s at least one basic cable network news program that provides a mostly unbiased, fact based, rational take on current national and international events; PBS NewsHour.

Online or in print, there are numerous trusted and verifiable center of the road news outfits. Reuters, AP, BBC, Foreign Policy, and NPR are some that I regularly utilize.

Point I’m making is, there are numerous really good information sources and there are unfortunately, even more, shit information sources.

Last edited:
Not all but after a while they need to look and see when is enough enough?
Funny.
Scene from a Corp. planning meeting in the woke bubble: "profits are way up,what should we do?" All: " That's enough, start giving stuff away. People of color first"
Same scene in the real world: ""profits are way up, what should we do?" ALL: " keep doing what we're doing,you never know what the future holds"

the facts of life-> conservative.

Funny.
Scene from a Corp. planning meeting in the woke bubble: "profits are way up,what should we do?" All: " That's enough, start giving stuff away. People of color first"
Same scene in the real world: ""profits are way up, what should we do?" ALL: " keep doing what we're doing,you never know what the future holds"

the facts of life-> conservative.
I’m shocked another Klattu idiotic post. Price gouging your customer is good business practice? The majority of corporations have created our service/consumer economy. There will be no good jobs for anyone other than IT and Wall street. You believe teachers, cops and firemen are overpaid and should be happy to have a job, well unless they are in one of the many red states who pay shit already.
CEO’s believe they are more important than the company and guess what they’re wrong 9 out 10 times, but they up their pay and cut everyone else. It is beginning to catch up to them.
You are too blind to see it.

CEO pay has skyrocketed 1,322% since 1978CEOs were paid 351 times as much as a typical worker in 2020​

I’m shocked another Klattu idiotic post. Price gouging your customer is good business practice?
noooo.That's why companies don't do it. Company A can't overcharge me or I'll go to company B.
Facys of life -> conservative.

noooo.That's why companies don't do it. Company A can't overcharge me or I'll go to company B.
Pay attention to the lack of competition lately? Mergers and more mergers. Walmart and Amazon

That's assuming that corps (& customers) are rational. If the former decide to go purely for profit, & devil take the hindmost, we get

Big tobacco, which happily sent customers/victims to pain, suffering & death
Big pharma, which happily wrecked individuals, families, communities to addiction, depression, violent crime, suicide
Big oil, which is happily still reaping big profits, & slowly tightening the noose around the neck of the World

If these corps were persons, we would count them as psychotic, & likely remove them from the public sphere, to protect society & themselves from further harm.

That's assuming that corps (& customers) are rational. If the former decide to go purely for profit, & devil take the hindmost, we get

Big tobacco, which happily sent customers/victims to pain, suffering & death
Big pharma, which happily wrecked individuals, families, communities to addiction, depression, violent crime, suicide
Big oil, which is happily still reaping big profits, & slowly tightening the noose around the neck of the World

If these corps were persons, we would count them as psychotic, & likely remove them from the public sphere, to protect society & themselves from further harm.
you don't have to buy cigarettes, get addicted to opiods or use oil, no?

Back
Top Bottom