• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Far Right Calls For Various Gov't Agencies to End

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Libertarian Nut Job, Adam Kokesh, is calling off his planned Gun Rights Rally which was supposed to take place on July 4. Awww.. I was really looking forward to that one. Not to worry Paulbot trolls, Kokesh has plans for an even bigger rally with an even broader ideal. He wants to march on all 50 state capitals with the goal of overthrowing the Federal Government.

Adam Kokesh calls for OWS 2.0? | Hypocrisy-Now!

Adam Kokesh Calls Off Armed March On D.C. In Favor Of 50 State March For "Orderly Dissolution Of The Federal Government" | Blog | Media Matters for America

AND

Glenn Beck, Michelle Bachmann, Rand Paul, Mike Lee, and Ted Cruz will all be headlining an Abolish the IRS Rally according to TeaPartyPatriots.org

Tea Party Members Will Headline IRS Rally | Hypocrisy-Now!

https://www.teapartypatriots.org/2013/06/important-message-for-rally-attendees/

And...The world cares why?

This young man seems like a silly child.

Isn't this what the far left tried to do during Occupy Wall Street? Did he miss that one and how it didn't work out so well, when winter came?

They didn't try to desolve the government.

They were to busy desolving on police cars. :)

Isn't this what the far left tried to do during Occupy Wall Street? Did he miss that one and how it didn't work out so well, when winter came?

Well, it was more when Thanksgiving came and they all went home to mooch off their parents and never came back I think.

I don't think that OWS fell apart so much because winter came as because they went from initially supporting one more-or-less reasonable position (Wall Street reform) to adopting every lunatic-fringe pet cause that every member of the movement could possibly imagine.

It's kind of hard to keep a group together and moving forward in a systematic fashion when one day you're calling for Wall Street reform, the next you're trying to end the wars, later that evening you're saving wales and kittens, the next afternoon you're opposing GMO food crops and calling for independence from Middle Eastern oil, the next you're in bed with the Marijuana law reformers, and it just keeps snowballing more and more out of hand from there as these various and sundry causes just compound on each other.

And besides, who's going to take you seriously when you shift from "stop these mother****ing banksters from taking advantage of the rest of us" to "if we occupy this wedge of grass in frott of this here ATM machine maybe we can make the world Utopia".

That business model isn't "SMART" (Specific-Measurable-Actionable-Realistic-Time-bound), and all good plans have to be.

Now, if these folks can get back on the "financial reform" script and keep it there it's possible that now that summer is here they may be able to build up the same head of steam that they had when the OWS movement started gaining traction.

I doubt it because several million people have gone back to work since then.

But if they can get that traction back they need to stay on message or once again they'll go careening back over the cliff of too much do-good-isim.

I think a pretty large portion of us on the far left where wishing OWS was not acting lime a bunch of spoiled children. I certainly would not call them representative of the left.

1. And besides, who's going to take you seriously when you shift from "stop these mother****ing banksters from taking advantage of the rest of us" to "if we occupy this wedge of grass in frott of this here ATM machine maybe we can make the world Utopia".

2. But if they can get that traction back they need to stay on message or once again they'll go careening back over the cliff of too much do-good-isim.

Good post a couple of points to add. Adam Kokesh already changed his message he wanted it to be a rally against Gun Laws when the whole NewTown thing was happening, and the Government was passing useless gun legislation. So since he is a horrible planner, he never got to do the march, especially after being arrested and spending some time in jail and some time trying to get out of jail, he then went on and changed his message. now that NewTown is pretty much forgotten by the general public.

Good post a couple of points to add. Adam Kokesh already changed his message he wanted it to be a rally against Gun Laws when the whole NewTown thing was happening, and the Government was passing useless gun legislation. So since he is a horrible planner, he never got to do the march, especially after being arrested and spending some time in jail and some time trying to get out of jail, he then went on and changed his message. now that NewTown is pretty much forgotten by the general public.

LOL

I had no idea what this guuy in particular was all about. I was speaking more in generalitiees about OWS.

But yeah, if that's his game I see this going nowhere, fast.

The tea part message: let's go back to the good old days of 1880 and child labor, unregulated pollution, no workers' rights, inferior education, tainted food, and the rich uber alles.

Is this just a big ad hominem thread or is their a message somewhere?

I haven't read the link but I think there are several entire cabinet departments we could lose and not notice them being gone.

Back
Top Bottom